The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Forman LC3
Old 9th February 2017
Gear Nut

Furman LC3

Hi Folks does anyone have a schematic for a Furman LC3.
I would like to add the balance circuit and not sure what the deal is with where the I/O sections are located.

I have the Furman LC2 for which i have the schematic and i am about to add the balanced components in, its only 4 x 10k resistors and then the XLR. I will post pics once its done for anyone interested.

I have changed the PSU from 110 to 240v and that works fine see:
Forman LC3 110V to 220V Transformer replacement
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/show...php?p=12435264

Again just guide anyone thinking of doing the same.

Thanks
Shak

My email for sending over stuff is k5shakATmailDOTcom

Last edited by Shak; 9th February 2017 at 07:23 PM..
Old 9th February 2017
Lives for gear
Contact furman support they will email it to you.
Old 9th February 2017
Gear Nut

I shall do that Cheers
Old 9th February 2017
Lives for gear
I don't know if you've ever come across an lc-6 it's kind of like an updated stereo lc3. There is a guy called mod defication that details what you can to that unit. A lot can probably be ported to the lc-3.
Old 9th February 2017
Gear Nut

Just googled him great site thanks
Old 9th February 2017
Gear Nut

Thanks for suggesting that I contact Furman direct,I just find manufacturers are not that responsive with old equipment usually if they have not already gone bust., I emailed Furman this afternoon after talking to you and i got an email with a schematic attached this evening. That is what I call service I wish more manufacturers would respond in the same way and quickly, Big Thank you to Furman
Old 9th February 2017
Lives for gear
Peavey is also VERY good about that. SWR is pretty helpful too. DBX posts all they have online. Orban is simply amazing for support. Yamaha is also helpful, once you figure out which dept to speak to.

Others.... Not so much. Tascam want to sell you a manual or photocopy of a manual. Art and behringer keep their "secrets" very close.
Old 10th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
Hi Folks does anyone have a schematic for a Furman LC3.
I would like to add the balance circuit and not sure what the deal is with where the I/O sections are located.

I have the Furman LC2 for which i have the schematic and i am about to add the balanced components in, its only 4 x 10k resistors and then the XLR. I will post pics once its done for anyone interested.

I have changed the PSU from 110 to 240v and that works fine see:
Forman LC3 110V to 220V Transformer replacement
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/show...php?p=12435264

Again just guide anyone thinking of doing the same.

Thanks
Shak

My email for sending over stuff is k5shakATmailDOTcom

Hello! I know I'm hitting an older thread but I can't find much of anything on adding the balanced in/out and it sounds like you figured it out already. I emailed Furman but haven't got a response so far. Do you have any info, manual, schematics etc? Or even just some pics of the board after adding them would be awesome! So far it looks like r2 r4 r5 and r6 get resistors added correct? I'm having a hard time figuring out where the xlr pin1 is supposed to go just tracing the board by eye.

Thanks a ton for any info!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Hey dude sorry I have been a little busy, I have some information on the whole project in-fact i have videos as well but have not had much time to edit them and put them up on web. to answer your question if you haven't figured it out already pin 1 or the ground can be connected to your ground on the unbalanced pin on the jack as it connects to the ground will put a detailed video up as soon as i can
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search