The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Roland HP 2900g transistor burned
Old 28th October 2016
Here for the gear

Roland HP 2900g transistor burned

Hello,

I'm trying to fix a Roland HP 2900g, but i can't find a schematic or a service manual.

A small transistor "Q19" burned as you can see on the pictures. Does anyone have an idea what was it's reference?

There's no more sound, except a loud "tak tak tak" each time i press a note. I replaced some caps near the DAC, but it's not enough.

thanks for your help!

Johan
Attached Thumbnails
Roland HP 2900g transistor burned-image.jpg   Roland HP 2900g transistor burned-image2.jpg  
Old 30th October 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by owai View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to fix a Roland HP 2900g, but i can't find a schematic or a service manual.

A small transistor "Q19" burned as you can see on the pictures. Does anyone have an idea what was it's reference?

There's no more sound, except a loud "tak tak tak" each time i press a note. I replaced some caps near the DAC, but it's not enough.

thanks for your help!

Johan
Hi, i opened my HP2900G today, Q19 is a 'digital transistor', a transistor with two integrated 22k resistors: DTC124E from Rohm semiconductors.

Good luck!
Old 30th October 2016
Here for the gear

wow!!
thank you so much!!!
Old 16th November 2016
Here for the gear

transistor replaced, seems to work fine, but i still have problems with leaking capacitors near the preamp section (top left on my picture). some tracks are dead and i can't figure out how to fix it... I replaced some caps, "redrawn" a few tracks, but it's still not ok.

does anyone have this "HP 2900g service manual" ? i'm ready to pay for it!!

thanks!
Old 4th August 2018
Here for the gear

Hi, sorry for replying in a old thread but I too have a HP 2900G Keyboard and when i press any keys it just not give sound. All I hear is a sound which is same as tapping a mic whenever I press any keys. I opened the piano and the board looks fine. Nothing burned. Can you guide me how to troubleshoot this issue?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Hi, Owai
Did you ever manage to get hold of the HP 2900G service manual?
I'd be very interested, cuz having some similar problems with mine..

HM
Old 4 weeks ago
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Great, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by owai View Post
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search