The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sony MX-P61 recap
Old 13th October 2016
Here for the gear

Sony MX-P61 recap

Hi!
I'm planning to do a complete recap of my Sony MX-P61 mixing console.
Unfortunately it uses many very tiny capacitors and there's not a lot of space for bigger ones. I thought to use Panasonic FM/FC but therey're not available in such a small package.
Do you have any suggestion on what brands/series are suitable for recapping that are also available in a miniature package?
Thank you,

Andrea

ps. I'd also like to find a solution for the EQ pots, highs and lows are broken and using external eq is not always viable
Old 27th May 2020
Here for the gear

Mx p61 recap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0x View Post
Hi!
I'm planning to do a complete recap of my Sony MX-P61 mixing console.
Unfortunately it uses many very tiny capacitors and there's not a lot of space for bigger ones. I thought to use Panasonic FM/FC but therey're not available in such a small package.
Do you have any suggestion on what brands/series are suitable for recapping that are also available in a miniature package?
Thank you,

Andrea

ps. I'd also like to find a solution for the EQ pots, highs and lows are broken and using external eq is not always viable
Hi Andrea sorry i have no idea where to find those. I have the same unit but i have checked my 3 aux outs and i have in two some kind of noise floor and the other aux number 3 it just no sound. But internally with headphones on all aux are just fine. What can possible be? Please i need help! What can i change or mod for this 3 balanced aux work? Many thanks. Internally are perfect.
Old 28th May 2020
Lives for gear

Hi Cantante,

Working internally but not externally seems to imply something with the physical output connections or in the path to them.

Don't want to assume how far you've got but I would start by making sure the XLRs are clean using isopropanol and there are no cold solder joints or loose connections there. I think it's quite easy to unscrew the sockets and gently pull out to check for problems.

Next would be to open it up and check components on the PGA-1 board which is the one under the meter bridge and has the AUX outs. I think it was fairly difficult to get to though when I tried. There are a lot of opamps, capacitors and things on that board so it might be worth testing those. With two channels working and one not working you'd be able to find what was wrong with the broken channel by a process of elimination.

I can point you to the schematics and parts list if you need it.

Cheers
Old 2nd June 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks Andrea i will do that tests. I forgot to say that the other 2 aux output working in both sounds like a noisefloor bug on the signal path. I will clean connections first! Many thanks. And yes i would like to see what part it is failing!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Hi Cantante,

Working internally but not externally seems to imply something with the physical output connections or in the path to them.

Don't want to assume how far you've got but I would start by making sure the XLRs are clean using isopropanol and there are no cold solder joints or loose connections there. I think it's quite easy to unscrew the sockets and gently pull out to check for problems.

Next would be to open it up and check components on the PGA-1 board which is the one under the meter bridge and has the AUX outs. I think it was fairly difficult to get to though when I tried. There are a lot of opamps, capacitors and things on that board so it might be worth testing those. With two channels working and one not working you'd be able to find what was wrong with the broken channel by a process of elimination.

I can point you to the schematics and parts list if you need it.

Cheers
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear