The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ADAM S2A blackout Studio Monitors
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Maniac

ADAM S2A blackout

My left ADAM S2A active monitor, hooked to a Mackie Big Knob, after a small pause I made out of the studio for dinner, gave me the awful surprise to be found silent, with no light showing both in active or bypass position, totally dead.

I immediatly checked the fuse but it seemed ok, anyway I swapped fuse and power cord with the other speaker but nothing, naturally the other speaker kept working also with the suspected fuse and cord.

I'm not a tech, so I won't attempt to fix it but I'd like very much to know some opinion, it's like there isn't supply at all but the fuse is still like new...

what could have happened?

Thx.
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHENDONLY View Post
lol what the hell you doing hooking adams up to a freakin big knob??? thats a prob itself
Do you think it has anything to do with what happened?

What's Mackie's Big Knob problem?
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

There's no problem that the Big Knob should have solved. HighEndOnly is just flaunting the snobbery that his name details.

I'd contact ADAM, I've heard they're great as far as customer service. Odds are if they can't figure out with the problem is over the phone they'll take care of it for you.

-marc
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Sall good. I love the hell out of my central station.

But if I only had $1200 bucks or so to get from my outs to my ears I figure I might spend as much as I could on a pair of monitors and compromise the volume knob for the time being.

-marc
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcocet View Post
I'd contact ADAM, I've heard they're great as far as customer service. Odds are if they can't figure out with the problem is over the phone they'll take care of it for you.

-marc
I've done that, using the on site form,it was friday evening...I have to wait for monday to contact also my dealer and the actual distributor, but as you can imagine my mind is quite hungry of infos about it, where could I get some hypothesis if not here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHENDONLY View Post
Hey be nice, im new here...but come on adams hooked up to a mackie big knob. I feel like throwing this guy my central station , one i don't use nomore.
We can get good friends....I'll pay the shipping. heh
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search