The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sphere Eclipse output tansformers?
Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

Sphere Eclipse output tansformers?

I have 8 channels of Sphere Eclipse mic pre's racked. They don't have much headroom. I think they were designed to get extra gain from the buss output cards. The original console was in my basement when my house burned down in 2000 so that won't do me any good. Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 26th January 2007
Gear Addict

I'm not much help, but I can say that in my consoles there is a patch point right after the preamp that is at line level. So I assume that there is no other amp prior to that point (unless it's on the EQ card). All the outputs of the console do indeed go through 22755A amp cards and their respective transformers. The only racked up Sphere preamps I've used didn't sound anything like the console. I suspect the best way to rack them would be to rack the entire path- pads, preamp,EQ, a fader, and the bus amp.

I hope to get around to doing it someday with one of my Eclipses. I do have schematics if you need any.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search