The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
bellari RP503
Old 22nd January 2007
Here for the gear

bellari RP503

hello, i have a quick question about the opamp chips in the RP503. are they OPA2604AP or OPA2604AU?

i am looking to do the blacklionaudio modification to it, so this would help greatly.

thanks!
Old 23rd January 2007
Here for the gear

anyone?
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear Maniac
I did the replace the opamps and installed a NOS RCA 12AU7 tube. Took about 15 minutes. Much better sound. The opamps in the stock RP503 are NOT OPA2604AP or OPA2604AU. I did order a set of 5 from TI for FREE!!!!! If I remember correctly, there was only one choice that would work at no cost. Again, detalis are at the Cubase website.

Info on the mod is here: http://cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.p...ellari&start=0

There is mention in that thread about further moditications , but the dates of the thread is 2005.
Old 24th January 2007
Here for the gear

awesome, thank you scottfa. i searched on the cubase forums a bit, but i only saw that the chips are OPA2604, so if they are not that, what are they?

and also... would it be a better investment to just drop this idea and purchase a groove tubes brick? thanks!
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Hello again, Grizzly Joe. You're being a little lazy, if I may be so bold. Here's the thread again:

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewt...er=asc&start=0

The modder in this Cubase thread I gave you in another forum suggests using the OPA2134PA in the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th sockets, and a LT1469 in the 2nd (compressor) socket. It's a three-page thread, and this is on page two of it.

He got those mod suggestions from the fellow who runs Black Lion Audio, who actually posted on page three of the thread, stating more specifically that folks "try the LT1469CN8 or the LT1469IN8."

So, there you have the mod. Four OPA2134PA chips, and one LT1469CN8. You'll probably have to pay for them, as I don't think they send out samples of these anymore.

Best of luck.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search