The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Elma alternative for Audix 35102
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Addict

Elma alternative for Audix 35102

Hi, does anyone know of a manufacturer / supplier of
22/24-position rotary switch for input gain of Audix 35102 module ? Like the Neve - preferably something cheap but nasty ?? an Elma alternative ??
Old 8th February 2007
Here for the gear

Audix switches

Hi Tony,
I have some Audix Pre/EQs that need switches too. Im not sure of the mod no but mine have 3 vertical switches to select freqs. They may use the same parts. Did you find any info on switches. Theyre expensive if you dont find an angle. Maybe we could team up and save some $$ Im in L.A. by the way. Thanks.
Steve. My email is [email protected]
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

Hi
I believe the original gain switches are ELMA and I am a bit puzzled why you want to change them as they are gold plated stud contacts. A good quality cleaner suited to gold would be the thing.
I am not sure whether they used multiple wipers on the Audixes but the similar switches used on some Calrec modules have more than one wiper on each deck of the switch.
The standard rotary wafer switches are available via Farnell or RS components I think but you may have to fiddle with them. Later versions used 'Wasp' switches and have a large yellow housing. These may have been ITT.
Pots were either Bourns 'mod' pot (black), Alen Bradley (blue) or Sfernice (white).
Say 'Hi' to my modules for me.
Matt S

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search