The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AMS RMX 16 problems... Anybody servicing AMS gear?
Old 18th January 2007
Gear Nut
AMS RMX 16 problems... Anybody servicing AMS gear?

hello everybody,

I have an ams rmx 16 that doesn't work as it is supposed to...
for example when turning it on 4 out of 5 times it isn't possible to change program values an things like that.
anybody else experienced problems like this?
the best thing would be that someone, who really knows these units, takes care of it.

when browsing gearslutz I found

- David Kulka's Studioelectronics page (http://www.studioelectronics.biz) (seems to be the perfect guy for this job, but...he's located in the U.S.) and

- Howard Jones (Kaya Music Systems Ltd.) was mentioned a couple times.

does anybody know somebody capable of doing a good/perfect job repairing my little baby? maybe someone in goodold Europe?

thanks in advance

lo
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

Do not let Howard Jones repair the unit. tutt
He is not an honest guy. AMS-Neve stopped recommanding him after many complaints.
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbang View Post
Do not let Howard Jones repair the unit. tutt
He is not an honest guy. AMS-Neve stopped recommanding him after many complaints.
... that's what I heard...
well, isn't there anybody else in europe???

lo
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Nut

As I said in a previous message , Howard fixed my ams collection several times but havent been able to get hold of him for a year. not sure what's happening.
I'm on the lookout too for a UK based AMS service person.

But always worth with the RMX taking off the top the removing and reseating every card in their slots. This has worked for me before and is always the first thing to try if you havent already. Check the contacts as well on the boards, see if they are overly dirty or corroded.
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

I remembered a guy i sold my 15-80 to 2 years ago who almost got ripped the unit off by this Howard, i think he got it back a year or more after but he needed to gather with people in the same boat and threaten to sue him...A weird story!
Old 13th March 2013
Lives for gear

Old thread "So..... Resurrection Post Here" For UK & Europe People AMS/NEVE are now repairing all DMX-15-80's and RMX-16's! As of February 2013!
Just thought I'd post incase anyone came across this thread and felt Studio Electronics (While Brilliant - & where for a long time the only ones repairing AMS FX) That in the UK AMS/Neve are on the case again!

Cheers
TLB
"The Thread Resurrector"!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search