The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sennheiser HD600 connectors
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

Sennheiser HD600 connectors

I was thinking about making my own cable for a pair of Sennheiser HD600 headphones, only thing is the connectors that plug into the headphones are a funky 2 prong thing. Are these a proprietary Sennheiser thing or can they be bought elsewhere?
a pic of the said connectors:
Old 22nd January 2007
Gear Maniac

I think those connectors are sennheizer's own thing. Even if you could get them I doubt they'd make for easy soldering! Personally I suggest you just stick to sennheizer made cable.

I had some senn. HP's where those connectors broke inside the headphone, so I made made holes in the ear-cups and soldered cable directly inside. worked fine but, of course, with this method you could cause some damage if the cable gets pulled.

I love sennheizer headphones but I hate those connectors!
Old 20th June 2007
Gear Maniac

I would suggest looking at Cardas Cables.
Old 20th June 2007
Lives for gear

The connectors are obnoxious and have failed me in the past. The low point of the design. But I think they expect to make some dough selling replacements.

Update: This post pushed me over the edge and i took my old HD535s (more lows, less highs, less definition than HD600...vaguely like HD280pro) and figured out how to get in there. Turns out on those cans everything is just snapped together. Drilling down several levels, I managed to get to the inside of that connector. Turns out the connection is actually made by a spring! There is a spring that the pins just nestle between the rungs of and thats how it connects. I stretched out the spring a bit, and the contacts are now re-stablized. For now...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search