The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 332 views: 225,682
Yoski 12th November 2016

Hello Slutz, I am posting here some quick comparison files of Andreas Grosser's U47 microphones, Original Vintage 1968 U87, and...

DONNX
replies: 75 views: 33,305
LiveMusicNY 5 hours ago

I did a shootout, nothing really fancy or scientific, but tried to be as accurate as possible. These are the preamps: Warm...

OverTheTop
replies: 61 views: 7,812
rojaros 16 hours ago

I've made a few comparisons of my analog compressors on drums. For all my fellow audio nerds! Featuring: Tubecore 3 U by IGS...

nrehk
replies: 1 views: 276
EvgenyStudio 1 day ago

I did a quick test to see which lunchbox sounded better to me: API 500-6B vs Lindell Audio 506. Using an Apollo Quad, I simply...

drumsandcymbals8
replies: 28 views: 6,168
DMFraser 1 day ago

I put a new song in my music website called "We Need Jason Bourne". During the verse I have amp model #1 on the left...

aaron aardvark
replies: 0 views: 189
aaron aardvark 2 days ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,659 views: 241,574
didier.brest 3 days ago

Moving this from the tube saturation thread for better organization. These are clips from the Sonic Farm Xcalibur saturation...

Squawk
replies: 6 views: 610
Zed 4 days ago

Here are some audio files of the brand new Golden Age Premier PRE-73 Premier (the new premium line of Golden Age) in comparison...

roughgear
replies: 13 views: 2,672
mequaz 1 week ago

Ronan Chris Murphy did a great review of the Analogue Tube AT-101 (Fairchild 670 recreation) on Ronan's Recording...

ghostwriter
replies: 193 views: 60,271
SWAN808 1 week ago

Hello slutz I modified this compressor just for fun.... I added a pair of output transformers I also changed aesthetics a...

PereGrinoz
replies: 24 views: 2,193
LADLS 1 week ago

Yo slutz! :¬) I have the Retro Powerstrip here and its blown my mind in terms of sound and compression. Had so much fun using...

b0se
replies: 17 views: 2,011
LiveMusicNY 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, This is the third post of Bits and Volts, a project which goal is to compare digital plugins to analog hardware....

mrmecanique
replies: 3 views: 707
Mho 2 weeks ago

All tracks were tracked using B1 and B1D Burl Audio pre-amps. Burl Audio B2 Bomber (B2) vs Digidesign 192 (PT) 96k ...

willyk
replies: 45 views: 9,406
jdurango 2 weeks ago

Hey all! I have a few 500 series preamps here on loan. Blind shootout!: Which one tickles your fancy? This was a pretty rough...

Kroc
replies: 5 views: 508
rezident 2 weeks ago

I had the pleasure to test and compare four beautiful microphones: The new GOLDEN AGE PREMIER GA-47, the new WARM AUDIO WA-47...

roughgear
replies: 24 views: 7,212
pqu4d 2 weeks ago

I got a stereo set of sE8 small diaphragm condenser microphones and did a test against the Neumann KM184. I'm absolutely amazed...

roughgear
replies: 12 views: 1,925
RominRonin 3 weeks ago

Greetings, Just a short female voice recording comparing the two mics that both are fitted with a k47 capsule type however the...

Don Gatos!
replies: 4 views: 898
Don Gatos! 3 weeks ago

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Such A Vow" is the song on top, and "The Time Is Right To" is the next...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 293
aaron aardvark 3 weeks ago

The DirtMic-01 is a Superlux D112 modded with a phantom powered, transformer balanced distortion pedal circuit. The resulting mic...

DrAlienSmith
replies: 1 views: 408
DrAlienSmith 4 weeks ago

It was increasingly difficult to find a test of the Advanced Audio CM47Fet on vocals. There were a lot of AA's tube mic tests out...

MyVoiceandSongs6
replies: 0 views: 350
MyVoiceandSongs6 4 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'm doing some research on an gear and our hearing. For this research I made this survey with just 3 tiny...

91sound
replies: 2 views: 310
91sound 4 weeks ago

Since this two boards are getting discussed a lot lately, I thought that posting some audio files would have been a good thing...

Ciozzi
replies: 218 views: 76,509
alanhyatt 4 weeks ago

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 26 views: 3,102
JSchlomo 4 weeks ago

So I recently got my hands on a friend's Neumann KM 84 and decided to do a shootout with my Neumann KM 184. Having completed the...

guitarmax_99
replies: 89 views: 23,983
thirdroompro 4 weeks ago

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 21 views: 3,580
junior 4 weeks ago

Hey Fellow Gearslutz! One can never have enough mics eh?? heh heh So in true Gearslutz fashion I decided to put SIX mics on...

drBill
replies: 199 views: 113,055
thirdroompro 4 weeks ago

Hi there, I have just made a comparison between the following "1176" units: - my vintage Blackface 1176LN Rev F -...

airmate
replies: 40 views: 22,885
iLCacciLLo 18th August 2018

A fellow gearslut and myself got to do a quick shootout between these two budget Neve preamp clones last weekend. Tom from...

thismercifulfate
replies: 7 views: 5,310
EisaMo 15th August 2018

Hi, First post here heppy I did a sound test between different Akai/Emu hardware samplers and 1 software sampler. Might help...

klonheadd
replies: 2 views: 1,071
Lorenzop 14th August 2018

i have 6 6922 tubes and test it on at4060 what you prefer ? -Electro-Harmonix -JAN Philips NOS...

Gabriel Sousa
replies: 10 views: 2,498
Gabriel Sousa 13th August 2018

ok, nothing scientific. had some time and wanted to know my gear better. so i did some acoustic guitar recordings with all my...

zinzin
replies: 0 views: 323
zinzin 12th August 2018

Biiig female and male vocal shoot-out! Over 60 mics. Vocal-Recording: Uber 60 Mikrofone im Klangvergleich | SOUND &...

zinzin
replies: 4 views: 581
zinzin 12th August 2018

I recently did a little guitar fingerpicking comparison between the Wooden Blondie and the Violet Design - Finger for personal...

midoban
replies: 7 views: 2,722
zinzin 11th August 2018

hi folks, as the title says, this is a shootout between a neumann u87 ai and a d-u87 diy microphone made of the pcb from poctop...

Joekkel
replies: 20 views: 6,834
d-gautam 11th August 2018

A bit of an unfair fight? Maybe. You get to be the judge. stike Here’s how I did the test: I took a song that I had...

norman_nomad
replies: 595 views: 320,336
mr. torture 10th August 2018

Here's a sneak preview of my next U47 Style microphone shoot out! :cowbell: Can you tell which one is the Stam Audio SA-47 and...

roughgear
replies: 34 views: 2,968
joshuanaconda 9th August 2018

We tested the new Warm Audio WA-87 microphone vs an original Neumann U87 (not AI...) on drums, acoustic guitar, grand piano and...

warhead
replies: 64 views: 31,577
kage 5th August 2018

In this shootout I compare a pair of Urei LA-3A compressors on compress mode to a variety of plugin emulations. The Ureis are...

eugtone
replies: 21 views: 3,907
eugtone 5th August 2018

I recently purchased a Midas Venice F32 and put it through some testing. I wasn't getting in depth, just wanted to get a bit of...

jcoutu1
replies: 36 views: 12,345
mec 29th July 2018

I put 2 songs in my music website: "So Alive He Is" (is on top), and "Night of the Revelation" is the next...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 425
aaron aardvark 28th July 2018

Hey guys, So I recently got an Allen & Heath GL2200 for analog summing. 32 channels with 4-band EQ. I thought I'd do a...

88Keys444
replies: 3 views: 801
88Keys444 24th July 2018

Greetings Gearslutz. A few of us Brissie (Qld, Aust) slutz organized a little Neve shootout at Rasta Studios on the Northside of...

anguswoodhead
replies: 31 views: 7,390
anguswoodhead 22nd July 2018

Hello everyone, i would like to get a few opinions on the sound of my drum recording. I find that there are so many options,...

dreckdirect
replies: 3 views: 579
dreckdirect 21st July 2018

Hello there! I'm Daniel and a student working on his bachelor thesis regarding the relevance of analog compressors these days....

SAEstudent
replies: 1 views: 512
Synth Guru 18th July 2018

This a shootout of a mix. I did of one of my tracks. One is the Mytek x8 and the other is the Qes pad 2. I was going into the...

spektor
replies: 3 views: 537
deuc647 18th July 2018

Alright guys, you know I love the A/B's. And not just strapping a processor across a 2-bus and calling it a day. What we have...

Taurean
replies: 9 views: 1,452
LifeWhyz 13th July 2018

Westlake Studios in LA did a shootout last week with the SE RNR1, Royer 122, AEA 44, and Coles(not sure of the model) on drums,...

TristanRhodes
replies: 35 views: 11,544
apsaramuse 12th July 2018

I recently grabbed an SPX-2000 and tested out the Rev-X verbs tonight. I am not aware of any shootouts with it, so here it is...

eugtone
replies: 20 views: 1,041
Swurveman 12th July 2018

Hey there, I could be blind but I'm suprised there hasn't been a forum already for this. Any opinions or shootouts done...

mmcginnni
replies: 3 views: 544
davehall6162 11th July 2018

Hardware Reverb Shoot Out! 3 vintage digital units + Bricasti. Same audio loop used with each box: a Roland SH101 synth...

SOLON
replies: 5 views: 1,084
Reptil 10th July 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search