The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 233,849
Absolute 29th September 2018

I love Hive's workflow but I love Diva's sound more. When reading through gearslutz forums, it makes me feel as if everyone...

alexishere
replies: 15 views: 379
alexishere 16 hours ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,767 views: 272,486
Dan O 19 hours ago

Dear all, Have you ever wondered how preamps stack up and color a full mix? Then stay tuned, as I have recorded an entire song...

mrmecanique
replies: 0 views: 198
mrmecanique 1 day ago

Hi folks! This is a blind test. The contenders are (in random order): D.W. Fearn...

bewareofdogs
replies: 41 views: 21,626
Udi Koomran 2 days ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 116 views: 7,892
JSchlomo 2 days ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 118 views: 6,892
b0se 2 days ago

Hi there, I got the opportunity to test a real vintage SSL FX G384 and thought I would try it against two of my own HW...

crille_mannen
replies: 0 views: 203
crille_mannen 2 days ago
replies: 7 views: 652
createabove 4 days ago

Hello gearslutz, I currently have an apogee symphony I/O mk1 with 18in/22outs analog and I am looking into the symphony I/O...

SJackson
replies: 4 views: 949
aremos 4 days ago
replies: 1 views: 222
drumfool 4 days ago

I decided to test NLS again since it looks like Waves finally fixed the Spike model / breakup issue and figured I'd do a little...

djanthonyw
replies: 8 views: 4,792
Luca S. 4 days ago

I have had the Royer 122's for some time now. One had to go into the shop for a re-ribbon so I thought I'd try out some Rode...

piano
replies: 29 views: 4,312
spambot_2 4 days ago

Good day fellow GS'ers... Today, I decided to do a mic shootout on my voice featuring a handful of different...

Adam Peter Shinn
replies: 4 views: 642
MixedByTrap 1 week ago

I have just added two rode NT1 to my microphone collection... and added one to my mic shootout for a Jazz singer. Not my first...

stereo78
replies: 17 views: 10,382
Juliansem 1 week ago

Hey everyone, Picked up a pair of the Extinct Audio BM9 microphones a couple weeks back and have been working on some shoot...

RKelly
replies: 2 views: 463
RKelly 1 week ago

I had about an hour with a new Element 88 before I had to ship it off to someone, and I took the opportunity to split a signal...

WithUsInHatred
replies: 11 views: 3,605
WithUsInHatred 1 week ago

I put 2 songs in my music website: "A Mystery to Me" is the song on top (no amp modeling on the intro acoustic guitar),...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 334
aaron aardvark 1 week ago

Hey Fellow Gearslutz! One can never have enough mics eh?? heh heh So in true Gearslutz fashion I decided to put SIX mics on...

drBill
replies: 201 views: 115,980
drBill 1 week ago

Here's my second attempt at recording this illusive tone. Any critiques are welcome This is a mic'd cab with a Boogie III++,...

BoogieWoogie
replies: 0 views: 316
BoogieWoogie 1 week ago

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 134 views: 5,457
johannburkard 2 weeks ago

Click the above links then click "Download", then click "Download anyway" if prompted (they are...

Trakworx
replies: 131 views: 57,559
smakdaady 2 weeks ago

A bit of an unfair fight? Maybe. You get to be the judge. stike Here’s how I did the test: I took a song that I had...

norman_nomad
replies: 600 views: 328,657
nuemes 2 weeks ago

Hello! I'm considering getting the Pro version of Seventh Heaven, but I'd really like to hear something specific to help make my...

Adzic
replies: 7 views: 471
Danielbest1 2 weeks ago

Hi there! I've made a blind test with my Igs Audio Tubecore Vari-mu Compressor to better understand the color of it when it's...

nrehk
replies: 5 views: 702
XAXAU 2 weeks ago

Hardware convolution is not dead. It is underrated. There are only two available units, that exist: The Sony DRE-S777 and the...

Starstreet
replies: 18 views: 13,890
swissdoc 3 weeks ago

So before we decommissioned our old J9080 console, I decided to test the EQ's out vs our waves plugin version. I did a quick...

Tainted Blue
replies: 12 views: 9,183
lydfar 4 weeks ago

Matched pair of Coles 4038s and Fathead I Lundahls. Same position & 35 dBs of gain through BAE 1073 into a JCF Audio AD8...

Zoot
replies: 0 views: 437
Zoot 4 weeks ago

This is a 44.1kHz 24 bit song I mixed for a recent Gospel client. This song is playing through Burl Mothership 32 channel outs...

htrisna
replies: 17 views: 4,162
Wizaerd 4 weeks ago

Ok, here's a few mics in front of a kit, peak normalized: Sony C-100 3u GZ67 NoHype audio LRM-2 Ehrlund-E Golden age project...

askomiko
replies: 1 views: 420
shimoyjk 4 weeks ago

Here is a very simple audio comparison test with both mics on the outside of a kick drum. A simple beat is played and looped,...

DrAlienSmith
replies: 0 views: 342
DrAlienSmith 4 weeks ago

Hey! After long hesitation, I finally decided to do a little shootout of these two preamps in comparison. - The AMS Neve 1073...

ledrummer
replies: 20 views: 9,456
VoxJohnson 12th May 2019

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 351 views: 85,036
BrandNew 11th May 2019

We tested the new Warm Audio WA-87 microphone vs an original Neumann U87 (not AI...) on drums, acoustic guitar, grand piano and...

warhead
replies: 69 views: 41,614
Dallon426 6th May 2019

With all the new reverbs out lately time for a little shoot out. Simple test. One aux send instance on the drum bus. About 30ms...

Beatworld
replies: 33 views: 5,834
Beatworld 4th May 2019

I recently grabbed an SPX-2000 and tested out the Rev-X verbs tonight. I am not aware of any shootouts with it, so here it is...

eugtone
replies: 50 views: 3,600
djgraver 3rd May 2019

I put 2 songs in my music website: "That Great Day" (there is lead guitar, and it starts at 1:40) is the song on top,...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 447
aaron aardvark 3rd May 2019

This video features the Main Classical preset from Embertone Walker 1955 9 foot Steinway Concert D Grand Piano...

In The Mix
replies: 4 views: 964
In The Mix 2nd May 2019

Here are some audio files of the brand new Golden Age Premier PRE-73 Premier (the new premium line of Golden Age) in comparison...

roughgear
replies: 22 views: 7,549
toastedgoat 24th April 2019

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 50 views: 13,700
JSchlomo 23rd April 2019

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 25 views: 5,426
Bwogo 21st April 2019

I recently upgraded my Apollo 16 Mk1s to the X16s, and while I had both sets of converters I thought I'd test how much of a...

SOLON
replies: 0 views: 540
SOLON 20th April 2019

I put 2 songs in my music website: "When You're So Close to Me" is on top, and "What Are You Going to Do?" is...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 519
aaron aardvark 19th April 2019

Here is a small shootout I conducted trying to determine which microphone would better suit this song. All vocals are different...

Twenty Staxx
replies: 3 views: 1,303
Dan_H 13th April 2019

Found this mic at the bottom of a box my uncle gave me. Sent it to Clarence Kane @ Enak for rehab! Check out the...

west_joe
replies: 0 views: 564
west_joe 10th April 2019

the SM57 of reverbs takes on the ELA-M 251 of reverbs! below is a link to reverb samples posted in the remote forum from the...

jnorman
replies: 12 views: 5,605
Danielbest1 10th April 2019

Here it is... The massive shootout of an analog monster vs modern digital plugins. First let me start off by saying I was...

Aaron Rash
replies: 169 views: 37,525
IM WHO YOU THINK 9th April 2019

I had a chance to compare a Stam Audio SA-47 and a Flea 47 Vintage on acoustic guitar, drums and vocals. Hopefully this will be...

seawell
replies: 13 views: 2,723
R2Mix2 8th April 2019

Hi all, As a long-time analog tape user I have been intrigued with the release this year of popular tape sims by Waves and UAD,...

Trakworx
replies: 357 views: 63,046
Bob Olhsson 29th March 2019

Yo slutz! :¬) I have the Retro Powerstrip here and its blown my mind in terms of sound and compression. Had so much fun using...

b0se
replies: 18 views: 3,112
miscend 26th March 2019

Since no one commented, I removed the files.

Shannon Adkins
replies: 4 views: 772
zohomoho 24th March 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search