The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 255,732
Absolute 29th September 2018

Just was too curious and needed to know before investing 300$ in the UAD Luna "Neve Summing" Plugin how it would differ...

koenichsound
replies: 43 views: 12,456
Illusionaire 8 hours ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 296 views: 30,043
sweetmojo 19 hours ago

Dual Capture Vocal - Neumann U67 Reissue and Josephson C700A This vocal is from one of eight songs for a quick Christmas...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 0 views: 92
StevenLMorgan 1 day ago

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 188 views: 23,146
johannburkard 2 days ago

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 33 views: 8,839
pandabot 2 days ago

In the spirit of giving back to the community, here's a little shootout I did recently... The contenders: - AMS 1073spx - BAE...

nicolasmasset
replies: 25 views: 3,520
Shanktron 2 days ago

Greetings from Australia Long time GS member, studio owner, Glasshouse Studios and growing Aussie distributor / retailer. The...

anguswoodhead
replies: 186 views: 12,711
cserrano 4 days ago

Aloha, So I tried my best with this. I tried to match the levels and spacing. Used my Audient ID22 and itʻs preamps. I have a...

Bradahman
replies: 26 views: 1,151
cserrano 4 days ago

Blinded Vocal Compressor Shootout - 1 SW 4 HW Files are downloadable 96/24 WAV Olivia - Raw Vocal - Josephson C715 > Pueblo...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 35 views: 1,764
StevenLMorgan 4 days ago

AD Converter Comparison Test A very elementary ITB rough mix with no EQ or compression, of an album I´m working with at the...

Berndalen
replies: 47 views: 3,254
LiveMusicNY 4 days ago

This a Logic Pro X vs LUNA side by side mix comparison of the same song. I have been using Logic for 15 years. Luna just arrived...

johnscalia
replies: 9 views: 3,926
melodic dreamer 5 days ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 358 views: 36,779
JSchlomo 5 days ago

Gang, I just finished a fun software EQ shootout you may be interested in (inspired by the Sontec shootout here). File...

swartzfeger
replies: 23 views: 2,892
seby 6 days ago

Hi everyone, Here I share a shootout I made in my own studio, I wanted to compare the stock preamps and converters of -...

rubenmarcano
replies: 16 views: 4,423
Viennaconcert 6 days ago

Just did a quick recording with my new JJ Audio Modded DMP3 tonight. Sounds solid. Acoustic guitar (Martin D-16GT) was recorded...

skiltrip
replies: 14 views: 5,815
T Kane 6 days ago

24 Bit / 96k Blind Test Three Clocks Used: Antelope 10M/Trinity Combo Black Lion Audio Micro Clock Mk3 Black Lion Audio Micro...

dsbeat
replies: 189 views: 38,431
ChayaFFM 1 week ago

First let me start by saying, I LOVE "The Hardware Compressor & Limiter Comparison Thread (With Audio Files)"...

M2E
replies: 55 views: 2,710
ghostwriter 1 week ago

Hi guys, I put together an SSL channelstrip plugin test where I compared the Waves CLA mixhub, SSL Duende and the BX 4000e. I...

crille_mannen
replies: 1 views: 309
Tascam238 1 week ago

Alright guys here we go. Here is the vocal clips comparing the c800g and the c100. A few notes: All clips were recorded...

Krush411
replies: 7 views: 12,223
chrisdee 1 week ago

Maybe not that scientific, but: Neumann is the u87 ai - that’s what they have for rent locally. DIY is from...

arsonculture
replies: 2 views: 189
arsonculture 1 week ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 2,125 views: 355,369
didier.brest 1 week ago

Which mic is better: SE Electronics X1 S or SE Electronics SE2200?

Pedro Viana
replies: 2 views: 750
XHipHop 1 week ago

Hello Gearslutz community! Just as the title says this is a shootout between the Warm Audio WA-87 vs Zenpro's Modded WA-87. So...

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 41 views: 12,377
Boggo Myrtle 1 week ago

I'm a longtime GS reader and first-time poster. I've operated a small, but active, voiceover studio for the past several years....

VO Storyteller
replies: 1 views: 585
dickiefunk 2 weeks ago

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Will Get Better In Time" (lead guitar starts at 1:37) is the song on top, and...

aaron aardvark
replies: 0 views: 207
aaron aardvark 2 weeks ago

I remember scraping the net for the longest time to find a useful comparison of the two. No luck. And the shootouts here have...

oxoloxo
replies: 6 views: 2,505
Ivyroom 2 weeks ago

Hi Folks! This is my virgin thread. I think you will like it, but lease be gentle with me ;-) I have prepared a small test...

World Studios
replies: 114 views: 34,346
World Studios 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone, Short time lurker, first time poster. I'm relatively new to the world of mastering. Been interning with Matthew...

Phillip Dempster
replies: 220 views: 24,550
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hi! I’m a very long time lurker of this community but never really bothered to register, since I didn’t feel like I had much...

Villberg
replies: 60 views: 16,380
Sonic Supreme 2 weeks ago

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 360 views: 93,191
symphonicmind 3 weeks ago

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 70 views: 31,275
JSchlomo 3 weeks ago

Big Update: 28/10/19 Added: 1) CraveEQ (analogue mode) 2) DMG Equilibrium (analogue FIR w/long impulse) 3) TDR Slick M...

b0se
replies: 242 views: 23,292
b0se 3 weeks ago

I just modified the input internal preamplifier and I feel sound is better, noise level is 3dB lower, less distorsion, very...

Jean30
replies: 90 views: 17,665
Tau78 3 weeks ago

Sorry to put up a new thread but there seemed to be some wandering topics in that other one. Anyways THIS is a REAL test of what...

johnscalia
replies: 249 views: 135,235
ydaffan 4 weeks ago

Hey all, Started a shootout this morning... Here's the contenders: - Soundelux u195 - Beesneez Phelicity - Miktek CV4 -...

aaronsternke
replies: 76 views: 22,466
Spoc19371973 4 weeks ago

Josephson C700A Female Vocal Samples Studio Treatment designed by GIK C700A > Pueblo Audio JR > Lynx Aurora(n) @ 96-24 WAV,...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 0 views: 334
StevenLMorgan 4 weeks ago

I invite you to compare and blind test yourselves. What do you hear? Files are 100 bpm, LUFS matched. There are about 12 tracks...

Dirk Churlish
replies: 7 views: 1,010
GazFromtheManor 4 weeks ago

I just did quick blind test between the two EQ plugins Empirical Labs BIG FrEQ and ddmf IIEQPro. Tweaks are made by ears. To make...

poshook
replies: 6 views: 1,103
rojhmusic 22nd October 2020

Samples are recorded with the preamps on the Audient ID22. Microphones were side to side, and I tried my best to match the levels...

Bradahman
replies: 21 views: 1,162
Bradahman 21st October 2020

Here's a converter test I just did. Compared a Lynx Hilo (TB), a Tascam DA-3000, and a Prism Dream AD-2. Signal Flow: Otari...

burns46824
replies: 97 views: 15,745
burns46824 19th October 2020

I use a Yamaha SREV1 in my studio. I have converted the impulse responses of the bricasti M7 from "Acousticas" into the...

Starstreet
replies: 25 views: 10,773
axisdreamer 19th October 2020

Hello all! This is my first Gearslutz post, though I've been a reader for ages. My mics: For my radio & podcast studio...

ctcwired
replies: 1 views: 1,910
JblKid95 18th October 2020

Hello all, I'm always a bit skeptical of plugins made to emulate the sound of popular artists but this particular Lo Fi tool...

KevTheAudioGuy
replies: 0 views: 237
KevTheAudioGuy 18th October 2020

Hi all, Wanted to talk a bit about tube upgrades to the Universal Audio LA-610. I am by no means an expert on tubes (or...

b0b0
replies: 6 views: 2,028
b0b0 17th October 2020

Neumann U67 Reissue vs Josephson C715 Dual Capture New room is 11 x 12 with 8' ceiling, currently untreated save (9) 30 x 48...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 11 views: 988
spektor 17th October 2020

Here's the second in a series of short preset demo tracks for Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6 Pro. Basses and guitar presets in...

KevTheAudioGuy
replies: 0 views: 279
KevTheAudioGuy 15th October 2020

I put two songs in my music website: "The Creation" is the song on top (mostly synths, though it has E-Bow guitar...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 269
aaron aardvark 15th October 2020

I recently sent my Behringer ADA8200 out to BLA for the premium mod. No need for you guys to tell me what better converters there...

Obe1
replies: 22 views: 6,172
acidrecords 13th October 2020

Hello guys! This test was made to be shared between a small circle of friends.. but maybe you find it interesting :-) The track...

Audiotales
replies: 30 views: 2,613
imdasloth 13th October 2020

I am attempting to compile a comprehensive comparison of all emulations and clones of the original Roland Dimension D SDD-320...

btfnk
replies: 27 views: 2,457
btfnk 12th October 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search