The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Gear Shoot-Outs / Sound File Comparisons / Audio Tests

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 332 views: 224,654
Yoski 12th November 2016

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,651 views: 237,604
Archimago 7 hours ago

Hi there, I have just made a comparison between the following "1176" units: - my vintage Blackface 1176LN Rev F -...

airmate
replies: 40 views: 22,672
iLCacciLLo 2 days ago

A fellow gearslut and myself got to do a quick shootout between these two budget Neve preamp clones last weekend. Tom from...

thismercifulfate
replies: 7 views: 4,385
EisaMo 5 days ago

Hi, First post here heppy I did a sound test between different Akai/Emu hardware samplers and 1 software sampler. Might help...

klonheadd
replies: 2 views: 778
Lorenzop 5 days ago

i have 6 6922 tubes and test it on at4060 what you prefer ? -Electro-Harmonix -JAN Philips NOS...

Gabriel Sousa
replies: 10 views: 2,391
Gabriel Sousa 6 days ago

ok, nothing scientific. had some time and wanted to know my gear better. so i did some acoustic guitar recordings with all my...

zinzin
replies: 0 views: 232
zinzin 1 week ago

Biiig female and male vocal shoot-out! Over 60 mics. Vocal-Recording: Uber 60 Mikrofone im Klangvergleich | SOUND &...

zinzin
replies: 4 views: 476
zinzin 1 week ago

I recently did a little guitar fingerpicking comparison between the Wooden Blondie and the Violet Design - Finger for personal...

midoban
replies: 7 views: 2,664
zinzin 1 week ago

hi folks, as the title says, this is a shootout between a neumann u87 ai and a d-u87 diy microphone made of the pcb from poctop...

Joekkel
replies: 20 views: 6,735
d-gautam 1 week ago

A bit of an unfair fight? Maybe. You get to be the judge. stike Here’s how I did the test: I took a song that I had...

norman_nomad
replies: 595 views: 319,108
mr. torture 1 week ago

Here's a sneak preview of my next U47 Style microphone shoot out! :cowbell: Can you tell which one is the Stam Audio SA-47 and...

roughgear
replies: 34 views: 2,077
joshuanaconda 1 week ago

We tested the new Warm Audio WA-87 microphone vs an original Neumann U87 (not AI...) on drums, acoustic guitar, grand piano and...

warhead
replies: 64 views: 30,184
kage 2 weeks ago

In this shootout I compare a pair of Urei LA-3A compressors on compress mode to a variety of plugin emulations. The Ureis are...

eugtone
replies: 21 views: 3,551
eugtone 2 weeks ago

I recently purchased a Midas Venice F32 and put it through some testing. I wasn't getting in depth, just wanted to get a bit of...

jcoutu1
replies: 36 views: 12,224
mec 3 weeks ago

I put 2 songs in my music website: "So Alive He Is" (is on top), and "Night of the Revelation" is the next...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 358
aaron aardvark 3 weeks ago

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 23 views: 2,201
JSchlomo 3 weeks ago

Yo slutz! :¬) I have the Retro Powerstrip here and its blown my mind in terms of sound and compression. Had so much fun using...

b0se
replies: 16 views: 1,859
b0se 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, So I recently got an Allen & Heath GL2200 for analog summing. 32 channels with 4-band EQ. I thought I'd do a...

88Keys444
replies: 3 views: 694
88Keys444 3 weeks ago

I did a shootout, nothing really fancy or scientific, but tried to be as accurate as possible. These are the preamps: Warm...

OverTheTop
replies: 57 views: 7,362
musicminister187 3 weeks ago

Greetings Gearslutz. A few of us Brissie (Qld, Aust) slutz organized a little Neve shootout at Rasta Studios on the Northside of...

anguswoodhead
replies: 31 views: 7,281
anguswoodhead 4 weeks ago

Here are some audio files of the brand new Golden Age Premier PRE-73 Premier (the new premium line of Golden Age) in comparison...

roughgear
replies: 5 views: 1,506
MCReef 4 weeks ago

Hello everyone, i would like to get a few opinions on the sound of my drum recording. I find that there are so many options,...

dreckdirect
replies: 3 views: 501
dreckdirect 4 weeks ago

Hello there! I'm Daniel and a student working on his bachelor thesis regarding the relevance of analog compressors these days....

SAEstudent
replies: 1 views: 439
Synth Guru 4 weeks ago

This a shootout of a mix. I did of one of my tracks. One is the Mytek x8 and the other is the Qes pad 2. I was going into the...

spektor
replies: 3 views: 477
deuc647 4 weeks ago

Alright guys, you know I love the A/B's. And not just strapping a processor across a 2-bus and calling it a day. What we have...

Taurean
replies: 9 views: 1,310
LifeWhyz 13th July 2018

Westlake Studios in LA did a shootout last week with the SE RNR1, Royer 122, AEA 44, and Coles(not sure of the model) on drums,...

TristanRhodes
replies: 35 views: 11,432
apsaramuse 12th July 2018

I recently grabbed an SPX-2000 and tested out the Rev-X verbs tonight. I am not aware of any shootouts with it, so here it is...

eugtone
replies: 20 views: 927
Swurveman 12th July 2018

Hey there, I could be blind but I'm suprised there hasn't been a forum already for this. Any opinions or shootouts done...

mmcginnni
replies: 3 views: 474
davehall6162 11th July 2018

I got a stereo set of sE8 small diaphragm condenser microphones and did a test against the Neumann KM184. I'm absolutely amazed...

roughgear
replies: 11 views: 1,123
luisdent 10th July 2018

Hardware Reverb Shoot Out! 3 vintage digital units + Bricasti. Same audio loop used with each box: a Roland SH101 synth...

SOLON
replies: 5 views: 988
Reptil 10th July 2018

This is a complement to a previous shootout with 6 cardio SDC pairs. Same Chopin nocturne, same piano, same room, same mics...

didier.brest
replies: 193 views: 36,825
littledog 9th July 2018

Just a quick video showcasing the difference in sound. I realize I could have made soundclips, but I wanted the visual to go with...

bisszerk
replies: 0 views: 331
bisszerk 9th July 2018

I know there are a ton of these, but I did one for myself to compare anyway, so why not share the files here? Sometimes I work...

JSchlomo
replies: 21 views: 1,271
JSchlomo 6th July 2018

I put a new song in my music website called "Fortify Your Faith". One brand of amp model is used during all of the...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 444
aaron aardvark 3rd July 2018

Hello Gearslutz community! Just as the title says this is a shootout between the Warm Audio WA-87 vs Zenpro's Modded WA-87. So...

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 37 views: 6,155
Quint 2nd July 2018

VOVOX sonorus direct 8 cables vs PROEL with neutrik connectors XLR(DIY) 8 cables. CHAIN-one computer DAW Pro Tools-DA...

angel72bg
replies: 1 views: 602
Mirzoyan 1st July 2018

Hi folks! This is a blind test. The contenders are (in random order): D.W. Fearn...

bewareofdogs
replies: 39 views: 20,345
Tanio 29th June 2018

Hello gearslutz, I currently have an apogee symphony I/O mk1 with 18in/22outs analog and I am looking into the symphony I/O...

SJackson
replies: 0 views: 415
SJackson 27th June 2018

I had a member ask about my Chandler Zener Limiter that was modded with Carnhill/St. Ives transformers. So here are some...

ghostwriter
replies: 0 views: 400
ghostwriter 25th June 2018

First test is some "vocalizing" into both mics. Please note this is not a performance, just a quick and dirty test. I...

monkeyxx
replies: 0 views: 470
monkeyxx 20th June 2018

Hello! I've recently finished the experiment dedicated to sound propagation. I wanted to see how the frequency response...

Mysticman
replies: 2 views: 655
Mysticman 13th June 2018

Alright guys here we go. Here is the vocal clips comparing the c800g and the c100. A few notes: All clips were recorded...

Krush411
replies: 5 views: 2,690
chronmaster 7th June 2018

Ronan Chris Murphy did a great review of the Analogue Tube AT-101 (Fairchild 670 recreation) on Ronan's Recording...

ghostwriter
replies: 192 views: 59,572
eugtone 7th June 2018

Hey guys, recently i bought some dynamic mics and since i've never done it, i thought id throw all of them at my DW Edge...

Pliplo
replies: 9 views: 3,335
Nu-tra 2nd June 2018

I have been hearing a lot about the red 3. I use the slate pluginn and love what it does, but I wonder if the hardware is even...

nyandres
replies: 38 views: 11,782
littlesicily 1st June 2018

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Watch Out For Us" (listen for the tremelo effect guitar) is on top, and "I...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 407
aaron aardvark 30th May 2018

Coil Audio - V-Piano Processing and (live) Cajon Samples Sharing examples. (2) CA-286 with Telefunken solid silver plate EF86...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 15 views: 1,141
coilaudio 28th May 2018

So, We were tracking some drums for a sample session, and I figured, we've got an arsenal of microphones here, and for the sample...

ryanojohn
replies: 10 views: 5,212
Hecker 28th May 2018

Hey slutz, at the moment I have both units in my studio. I 've enclosed the original songfile and 2 different settings for each...

Starstreet
replies: 20 views: 8,388
kid.dom. 27th May 2018

Since this two boards are getting discussed a lot lately, I thought that posting some audio files would have been a good thing...

Ciozzi
replies: 216 views: 75,810
DR Music 27th May 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search