The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 234,825
Absolute 29th September 2018

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 53 views: 15,096
Mage 2 hours ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 156 views: 10,159
Mage 4 hours ago

I just modified the input internal preamplifier and I feel sound is better, noise level is 3dB lower, less distorsion, very...

Jean30
replies: 63 views: 12,841
Jean30 5 hours ago

I had about an hour with a new Element 88 before I had to ship it off to someone, and I took the opportunity to split a signal...

WithUsInHatred
replies: 12 views: 3,822
Kabas 1 day ago

Below are some audio clips of these headphones: - AKG K271 mkII - Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (80 Ohm) - Beyerdynamic DT 1350 -...

Hjelmevold
replies: 3 views: 3,010
rimisrandma 2 days ago

Here are some files. There are 3 loopback copies, 3 masters and the original mix. They were printed three ways. Pure2 only. ...

Clybourne
replies: 216 views: 21,857
abelux 3 days ago

Tell me what you are hear .Test power cables.VOVOX initio vs normal store cable. 3 power cables are change for my NSEQ 4,BAX...

angel72bg
replies: 6 views: 437
angel72bg 6 days ago

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 137 views: 6,176
jiggy 6 days ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,776 views: 275,858
Dallas Marlow 1 week ago

So before we decommissioned our old J9080 console, I decided to test the EQ's out vs our waves plugin version. I did a quick...

Tainted Blue
replies: 13 views: 9,388
djrustycans 1 week ago

Here is another shootout of 5 AD converters: - Acousence arfi-adc2 - Direct Out Andiamo - Lake People ADC RS04 - Lavry Gold...

Adebar
replies: 62 views: 7,064
Adebar 1 week ago

Hey! Thought I'd share my little shootout using some of the most popular 1176 plugins (and one hardware clone) especially as...

djrustycans
replies: 0 views: 488
djrustycans 1 week ago

Check out this Ribbon mics comparison session. Alto saxophone with AEA r84, Bash BIV-1, Royer R121, Coles 4038 via Sytek MPX-4...

SoundWeavers
replies: 2 views: 554
funka 1 week ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 124 views: 8,328
b0se 1 week ago

With all the new reverbs out lately time for a little shoot out. Simple test. One aux send instance on the drum bus. About 30ms...

Beatworld
replies: 35 views: 6,117
Beatworld 1 week ago

Good day fellow GS'ers... Today, I decided to do a mic shootout on my voice featuring a handful of different...

Adam Peter Shinn
replies: 7 views: 889
johannburkard 1 week ago

Hey all, We're at it again and made an overhead drum video comparison with the Milab DC96b's and AKG 414's. Since we already...

RSKAudio
replies: 0 views: 453
RSKAudio 1 week ago

Here it is. Not sure if anyone else posted this yet, but I did a quick Distressor shootout. My conclusion.. they all sound so...

Flippy Floppy
replies: 76 views: 16,603
Studio Saturn 2 weeks ago

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Blood Red Moon" is the song on top, and "Feel Your Love" is the next song...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 411
aaron aardvark 2 weeks ago

Hi all, just discovered this thread. after listening to the files and making choices, how does one know which piece of gear...

darrella
replies: 0 views: 469
darrella 2 weeks ago

Greetings, Just a short female voice recording comparing the two mics that both are fitted with a k47 capsule type however the...

Don Gatos!
replies: 7 views: 1,631
jardron 2 weeks ago

Here's a test track put together for the purpose of testing out nine different summing boxes/configurations. Please share which...

MythUndreamt
replies: 5 views: 1,448
spektor 3 weeks ago

In the spirit of giving back to the community, here's a little shootout I did recently... The contenders: - AMS 1073spx -...

nicolasmasset
replies: 10 views: 567
nicolasmasset 3 weeks ago

Hello. Just picked up a rode nt2a and a blue baby bottle from a local pawn shop for $200 for the pair. i already had the neumann...

s12512
replies: 1 views: 1,299
oxoloxo 3 weeks ago

Here are some audio files of the brand new Golden Age Premier PRE-73 Premier (the new premium line of Golden Age) in comparison...

roughgear
replies: 26 views: 8,144
anticipation 3 weeks ago
replies: 3 views: 902
Eigenwert 3 weeks ago

I decided to post some examples of my new Black Lion Audio B173 preamp. I also own a Golden age pre 73 mk1 and some black lion...

tribedescribe
replies: 19 views: 20,021
sirjuxtable 3 weeks ago

Dear all, Have you ever wondered how preamps stack up and color a full mix? Then stay tuned, as I have recorded an entire song...

mrmecanique
replies: 1 views: 433
sirjuxtable 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone, Picked up a pair of the Extinct Audio BM9 microphones a couple weeks back and have been working on some shoot...

RSKAudio
replies: 5 views: 699
nicolasmasset 4 weeks ago

I love Hive's workflow but I love Diva's sound more. When reading through gearslutz forums, it makes me feel as if everyone...

alexishere
replies: 20 views: 781
SameOh 4 weeks ago

This thread was posted in the wrong place, and I can't delete it. So please, delete it. Sorry for the hassle :-/

cassetterex
replies: 0 views: 409
cassetterex 4 weeks ago

Hi folks! This is a blind test. The contenders are (in random order): D.W. Fearn...

bewareofdogs
replies: 41 views: 21,926
Udi Koomran 14th June 2019

Hi there, I got the opportunity to test a real vintage SSL FX G384 and thought I would try it against two of my own HW...

crille_mannen
replies: 0 views: 399
crille_mannen 13th June 2019
replies: 7 views: 826
createabove 12th June 2019

Hello gearslutz, I currently have an apogee symphony I/O mk1 with 18in/22outs analog and I am looking into the symphony I/O...

SJackson
replies: 4 views: 1,147
aremos 12th June 2019
replies: 1 views: 387
drumfool 12th June 2019

I decided to test NLS again since it looks like Waves finally fixed the Spike model / breakup issue and figured I'd do a little...

djanthonyw
replies: 8 views: 5,008
Luca S. 11th June 2019

I have had the Royer 122's for some time now. One had to go into the shop for a re-ribbon so I thought I'd try out some Rode...

piano
replies: 29 views: 4,638
spambot_2 11th June 2019

I have just added two rode NT1 to my microphone collection... and added one to my mic shootout for a Jazz singer. Not my first...

stereo78
replies: 17 views: 10,663
Juliansem 6th June 2019

I put 2 songs in my music website: "A Mystery to Me" is the song on top (no amp modeling on the intro acoustic guitar),...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 481
aaron aardvark 4th June 2019

Hey Fellow Gearslutz! One can never have enough mics eh?? heh heh So in true Gearslutz fashion I decided to put SIX mics on...

drBill
replies: 201 views: 116,520
drBill 3rd June 2019

Here's my second attempt at recording this illusive tone. Any critiques are welcome This is a mic'd cab with a Boogie III++,...

BoogieWoogie
replies: 0 views: 480
BoogieWoogie 3rd June 2019

Click the above links then click "Download", then click "Download anyway" if prompted (they are...

Trakworx
replies: 131 views: 57,997
smakdaady 31st May 2019

A bit of an unfair fight? Maybe. You get to be the judge. stike Here’s how I did the test: I took a song that I had...

norman_nomad
replies: 600 views: 329,780
nuemes 30th May 2019

Hello! I'm considering getting the Pro version of Seventh Heaven, but I'd really like to hear something specific to help make my...

Adzic
replies: 7 views: 653
Danielbest1 30th May 2019

Hi there! I've made a blind test with my Igs Audio Tubecore Vari-mu Compressor to better understand the color of it when it's...

nrehk
replies: 5 views: 914
XAXAU 28th May 2019

Hardware convolution is not dead. It is underrated. There are only two available units, that exist: The Sony DRE-S777 and the...

Starstreet
replies: 18 views: 14,113
swissdoc 25th May 2019

Matched pair of Coles 4038s and Fathead I Lundahls. Same position & 35 dBs of gain through BAE 1073 into a JCF Audio AD8...

Zoot
replies: 0 views: 592
Zoot 17th May 2019

This is a 44.1kHz 24 bit song I mixed for a recent Gospel client. This song is playing through Burl Mothership 32 channel outs...

htrisna
replies: 17 views: 4,307
Wizaerd 17th May 2019

Ok, here's a few mics in front of a kit, peak normalized: Sony C-100 3u GZ67 NoHype audio LRM-2 Ehrlund-E Golden age project...

askomiko
replies: 1 views: 565
shimoyjk 17th May 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search