The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 230,482
Absolute 29th September 2018

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 39 views: 2,102
Progmatic-Studios 2 minutes ago

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 41 views: 8,293
Duplex One 1 hour ago

A few weeks ago I asked you guys for advice on a warm sounding mic to compliment my TLM103. Here are the results of the...

scoobs1971
replies: 24 views: 7,828
Ruudii2 3 hours ago

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 0 views: 191
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hey folks, Respected bluegrass guitarist Wyatt Rice and I discuss Ovation Guitars, his brother Tony Rice, and demo Scott...

BluegrassDan
replies: 0 views: 276
BluegrassDan 4 days ago

Hello, everyone! with the launch of the new Focusrite plugin, I decided to do a little comparison between him, the FG-RED and...

gilmanoel
replies: 18 views: 9,391
TeleMA50c 4 days ago

I just purchased PCM92 for 1k and I'm not really sure if it is worth the money after hearing these tracks blindly. When i solo...

clee401
replies: 14 views: 3,211
Danielbest1 5 days ago

YouTube In this clip I am running: Mooer GE200 with just the amp block turned on, straight to the interface using an impulse...

antonis91
replies: 0 views: 246
antonis91 5 days ago

EDIT: The secret has been revealed! The preamps are revealed on page 3. heh (NOTE - Before the big "reveal", the...

-=DanAtkinson=-
replies: 747 views: 134,559
dr_Jezz 5 days ago

Been testing CD vs Tidal vs Qobuz. Both Tidal and Qobuz are their Hi-Fi packages meaning 16 bit 44.1kHz audio streaming (and...

Zac Zikis
replies: 23 views: 10,101
theblue1 6 days ago

I tested three different mics inside and show them with and without overhead as well as with and without a front of kick...

drumfool
replies: 0 views: 259
drumfool 6 days ago

Here is my first foray into the world of shootouts. This is the same four bar sample recorded with three different pairs of...

drumfool
replies: 1 views: 347
drumfool 1 week ago

I've got a Steinberg MR816X since yesterday. On this evening I recorded a quick comparison with the RME Fireface 400. Two...

didier.brest
replies: 41 views: 38,010
Big_Bang 1 week ago

Hey Guys/ Gals, New Poster here!So I am looking for a new Microphone for (Male and Dynamic) vocals+ guitar primarily (Pretty...

teebs93
replies: 2 views: 3,594
methylion 1 week ago

Setting up plugins as close as possible to the sound of the Outboard. All the video clips in the Compressor Comparison...

sttae
replies: 3 views: 630
frans 1 week ago

Lynn from Sweetwater shared a great Pultec HW shootout recently. I put my best ITB options up against my favourite HW unit from...

b0se
replies: 0 views: 334
b0se 1 week ago

First off, if someone has any constructive theories why my test in this post may be flawed, please enlighten me. Not looking for...

Flippy Floppy
replies: 10 views: 623
stinkyfingers 1 week ago

I recently grabbed an SPX-2000 and tested out the Rev-X verbs tonight. I am not aware of any shootouts with it, so here it is...

eugtone
replies: 40 views: 2,039
Musiclab 1 week ago

I recently picked up a new Blue Kiwi. Already having and loving one, I decided to buy another to try them out as drum overheads....

adrummingdude
replies: 25 views: 5,969
andrew montreal 2 weeks ago

Hi all, As a long-time analog tape user I have been intrigued with the release this year of popular tape sims by Waves and UAD,...

Trakworx
replies: 351 views: 61,262
shamelesssounds 2 weeks ago

Here are some samples of the Stretch on the 2 bus, wanted to share. 5 tracks: Original, then through circuit (Input), then 3...

JamesTinney
replies: 2 views: 1,422
Salty James 2 weeks ago

I used the vocals from the Joe West openmix thing from waves..... Plugins used: Waves Scheps 73 Arturia Pre 73 Black...

TheKingslayer
replies: 5 views: 763
JayCutler 2 weeks ago

I put a new song in my music website called "Really Last". It has ZebraHZ, Hive, Diva, some non-u-he synths, and...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 395
aaron aardvark 2 weeks ago

I am not the author of this test. The original files are available from this page of the Formation supérieure aux métiers du...

didier.brest
replies: 36 views: 17,706
didier.brest 2 weeks ago

Here attached two takes, recorded one week apart, with a Brauner Valvet pair and a Neumann M149 pair. All other factors...

didier.brest
replies: 98 views: 31,852
Wave theory 2 weeks ago

Since this two boards are getting discussed a lot lately, I thought that posting some audio files would have been a good thing...

Ciozzi
replies: 220 views: 78,863
alanhyatt 2 weeks ago

There are plenty of discussions and examples of this microphone on Vocalists and Guitars, so I’ve created some comparisons of...

Adrianvealemusic
replies: 0 views: 381
Adrianvealemusic 2 weeks ago

This is a complement to a previous shootout with 6 cardio SDC pairs. Same Chopin nocturne, same piano, same room, same mics...

didier.brest
replies: 199 views: 38,436
pentagon 3 weeks ago

Acoustic Guitar. 24Bit, 48kHz. Vintage LA-2A Chandler RS124 Retro Doublewide Wes Audio Timbre Amtec 099 Chandler...

cracki
replies: 8 views: 1,618
andrew montreal 3 weeks ago

I just modified the input internal preamplifier and I feel sound is better, noise level is 3dB lower, less distorsion, very...

Jean30
replies: 61 views: 12,103
Jean30 3 weeks ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,725 views: 260,300
Bart Nettle 3 weeks ago
replies: 7 views: 556
JP__ 3 weeks ago

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 349 views: 83,539
Punkyfish 3 weeks ago

Hello all! This is my first Gearslutz post, though I've been a reader for ages. My mics: For my radio & podcast studio...

ctcwired
replies: 0 views: 479
ctcwired 4 weeks ago

So, this is not a real Shootout. Just some files to show you the different character of these two fantastic...

cracki
replies: 5 views: 1,836
cracki 4 weeks ago

My new microphone shootout goes live tomorrow morning at 11AM. Advanced Audio CM48T Advanced Audio CM49 Flexible Audio FleA...

TheShadowV
replies: 0 views: 303
TheShadowV 4 weeks ago

Here's a sneak preview of my next U47 Style microphone shoot out! :cowbell: Can you tell which one is the Stam Audio SA-47 and...

roughgear
replies: 50 views: 7,350
monkeyxx 4 weeks ago

I did a quick test to see which lunchbox sounded better to me: API 500-6B vs Lindell Audio 506. Using an Apollo Quad, I simply...

drumsandcymbals8
replies: 30 views: 7,184
Slogun 12th January 2019

Hey slutz, at the moment I have both units in my studio. I 've enclosed the original songfile and 2 different settings for each...

Starstreet
replies: 25 views: 9,083
Danielbest1 9th January 2019

Hey all, I've been using the AROUSOR a lot recently for various projects in my studio and decided to make some samples and...

Mike Avenaim
replies: 3 views: 1,546
TonStrom 8th January 2019

The new Tung-Sol tubes get a lot of praise all over the internet. Still, I decided to try a pair of vintage tubes in the EQP-WA...

RGx2
replies: 6 views: 2,028
PrichA 8th January 2019

Not sure if software comparisons is supposed to be posted in this subforum. Are there any shootouts or comparisons for...

theMuzzl3
replies: 0 views: 400
theMuzzl3 8th January 2019
replies: 2 views: 467
Zangiamit91 7th January 2019

I know there are a ton of these, but I did one for myself to compare anyway, so why not share the files here? Sometimes I work...

JSchlomo
replies: 24 views: 2,225
JSchlomo 6th January 2019

Hi all, Always wondered if cables make some real difference in sound, so i tested 4 of them: Mogami Gold, Silver, Whirlwind...

Danielbest1
replies: 4 views: 682
Danielbest1 6th January 2019

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Something For Nothing" is the song on top, and "They Want to Believe" is...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 414
aaron aardvark 4th January 2019

Hello everyone! Next week I'm getting a hardware SSL G Bus compressor. It will be an X-Rack Module verison within MYNX...

Shade108
replies: 37 views: 9,608
TRSC 3rd January 2019

We tested the new Warm Audio WA-87 microphone vs an original Neumann U87 (not AI...) on drums, acoustic guitar, grand piano and...

warhead
replies: 68 views: 37,831
cdkelly 2nd January 2019

Here's the comparison between Focusrite RED Compressor Outboard vs Plugins!! I'm trying to find out how different hardware and...

sttae
replies: 1 views: 748
sttae 31st December 2018

* THIS IS MONO. cause I have only one LA-2A... This video is about LA-2A Compressor Outboards vs Plugins. UA LA-2A Compressor, ...

sttae
replies: 0 views: 503
sttae 31st December 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search