The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 252,454
Absolute 29th September 2018

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 2,045 views: 326,126
Parkhill 8 hours ago

Big Update: 28/10/19 Added: 1) CraveEQ (analogue mode) 2) DMG Equilibrium (analogue FIR w/long impulse) 3) TDR Slick M...

b0se
replies: 208 views: 17,389
b0se 15 hours ago

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 357 views: 90,461
fbaldauf 4 days ago

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 32 views: 7,667
Bwogo 4 days ago

In the Amek thread I was mentioning how close I can get with AirEQ, it's really a pretty versatile EQ because of the...

Taurean
replies: 6 views: 366
Taurean 1 week ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 310 views: 28,325
JSchlomo 1 week ago

Gang, I just finished a fun software EQ shootout you may be interested in (inspired by the Sontec shootout here). File...

swartzfeger
replies: 14 views: 1,056
swartzfeger 1 week ago

These are some dry and wet samples from Empress Reverb... I had the chance to buy it.

suburst
replies: 0 views: 150
suburst 1 week ago

Hello All, I recently picked up the new master stereo set offered by Telefunken on the new SDC FET series the M60's, I had a...

Jagalle47
replies: 7 views: 1,006
Jagalle47 1 week ago

Hi There, This is my first time posting here and I would love to get some feedback and opinions about this mix and master that...

figure8sound
replies: 6 views: 457
figure8sound 1 week ago

Just was too curious and needed to know before investing 300$ in the UAD Luna "Neve Summing" Plugin how it would differ...

koenichsound
replies: 35 views: 4,127
acuriousdan 1 week ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 248 views: 23,314
rhye 1 week ago

As you all know EZBass was released recently and I've made this quick demo using Clean DI signal from the plugin that I then...

JyTy
replies: 0 views: 300
JyTy 2 weeks ago

I recently grabbed an SPX-2000 and tested out the Rev-X verbs tonight. I am not aware of any shootouts with it, so here it is...

eugtone
replies: 51 views: 5,966
imloggedin 2 weeks ago
replies: 1 views: 454
imloggedin 2 weeks ago

Hey fellow slutz, I was testing out some gear because a few of my units were having issues (none that affect this shootout),...

ezrashanti
replies: 2 views: 343
Honkermann 2 weeks ago

Which mic is better: SE Electronics X1 S or SE Electronics SE2200?

Pedro Viana
replies: 1 views: 222
BlackwingGabriel 2 weeks ago

I put two songs in my music website: "I Heard You Say Those Words" is the song on top and "Where You Are At"...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 185
aaron aardvark 2 weeks ago

We tested the new Warm Audio WA-87 microphone vs an original Neumann U87 (not AI...) on drums, acoustic guitar, grand piano and...

warhead
replies: 71 views: 52,618
invalidusername 2 weeks ago

Blinded Vocal Compressor Shootout - 1 SW 4 HW Files are downloadable 96/24 WAV Olivia - Raw Vocal - Josephson C715 > Pueblo...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 29 views: 808
StevenLMorgan 2 weeks ago

Just bring the popcorn?

andrea19837
replies: 4 views: 297
funka 2 weeks ago

UPDATE 06/27- Thanks to everyone who chimed in. In all cases, #1 was the UAD and #2 was the Liquid Mix. UPDATE 06/23- I added...

Deleted User
replies: 46 views: 4,738
808lab 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'd be interested to see what mic people think this is! Subjective opinions? Criticisms? I will reveal the...

Jevon
replies: 0 views: 185
Jevon 3 weeks ago

here is a test with 7 different preamp, takamine en10c / sm57 / preamp/ ssl alpha-link. same recording position, around 7 cm...

dizz
replies: 14 views: 6,000
vanderblast 3 weeks ago

Hi folks, thanks for reading. This is my first post:) I'm in the market for a new recording interface (previously was using an...

ronaman
replies: 1 views: 931
andre tchmil 3 weeks ago

Having bought and used a number of great mics over the past few years, I thought it of interest to provide information on what is...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 1 views: 473
Carabinerx 3 weeks ago

Had a friend suggest I check out the new Lewitt brand of mics. So Brendon McDonald from NAS Qld (Lewitt distributors) dropped...

anguswoodhead
replies: 8 views: 11,824
PhaseLinear 3 weeks ago

Hello gearslutz, I currently have an apogee symphony I/O mk1 with 18in/22outs analog and I am looking into the symphony I/O...

SJackson
replies: 5 views: 1,767
Jimmy Makhaisingh 3 weeks ago

Hi all! As part of my university dissertation project, I've designed and built a microphone preamplifier. After a lot of...

tglsnell
replies: 1 views: 673
Sybille 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys! I didn't found a lot of info or threats about the Advanced Audio CM 49 so I decided to do mine (not scientific),...

alercottle
replies: 2 views: 1,113
alercottle 3 weeks ago

Hi :) I need your input on this survey/blindtest https://forms.gle/ttQ266ANrkePLtBX9 For my bachelor thesis i looked at IRs,...

TheBommel
replies: 1 views: 305
TheBommel 4 weeks ago

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 169 views: 16,433
scolfaro 4 weeks ago

Hi there everyone, I'm a bass clarinet player, and as such, close mic the Bcl often. I usually use two mics (one up top; one...

SDunscombe
replies: 10 views: 480
SDunscombe 4 weeks ago

I've got a Steinberg MR816X since yesterday. On this evening I recorded a quick comparison with the RME Fireface 400. Two...

didier.brest
replies: 42 views: 39,805
henrirapp 4 weeks ago

Acustica Audio has teamed with renowned engineer Dave Pensado and created a custom Pensado EQ. Inspired by the Sontec 432 eq...

swartzfeger
replies: 42 views: 5,324
swartzfeger 4 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 238
vashuba 4 weeks ago

In the spirit of giving back to the community, here's a little shootout I did recently... The contenders: - AMS 1073spx -...

nicolasmasset
replies: 14 views: 2,184
chrisdee 4 weeks ago

Lockdown, had some time, downloaded lots of mixbus compressor demos to try. here’s the candidates: Waves SSL G...

zinzin
replies: 11 views: 596
zinzin 4 weeks ago

Hi all. I was wondering if i could take 10-15 minutes of your time to help with my final year university project? kfhkh The...

Ry_Heath
replies: 0 views: 205
Ry_Heath 4 weeks ago

I just acquired a Lounsberry Tall&Fat and a Vent II for my XK3-c. Does anyone have any opinions on which one has the better...

mvb
replies: 0 views: 231
mvb 4 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 275
hasandelen 30th April 2020

1176 Compressor Plugin Comparison - Drum & Bass https://youtu.be/EuSNj8RRzfY 1176 Compressor Plugin Comparison - Guitar...

hasandelen
replies: 0 views: 289
hasandelen 30th April 2020

Stam Audio SA-2A Optical Compressor TRANSFORMER SWAP: UTC HA-100X and UTC A-24 BLIND TESTS - HAVE YOUR SAY!!!!! Swapped out...

musicartist
replies: 29 views: 5,788
joshuanaconda 30th April 2020

Hello guys! This test was made to be shared between a small circle of friends.. but maybe you find it interesting :-) The...

Audiotales
replies: 0 views: 433
Audiotales 30th April 2020

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 68 views: 26,723
hasandelen 29th April 2020

ok, nothing scientific. had some time and wanted to know my gear better. so i did some acoustic guitar recordings with all my...

zinzin
replies: 7 views: 1,177
soulguitar 27th April 2020

I just recorded myself singing the chorus of "You are not alone" by Michael Jackson... Using my AKG C414 Xlii and my...

MarcusNeeraas
replies: 0 views: 391
MarcusNeeraas 24th April 2020

Hi all, this is a mic comparison for voiceover. 1. AKG C414 B-ULS (Micpre: Telefunken V672/2). Low cut in mic at 75 Hz. 2....

weidenhof
replies: 0 views: 385
weidenhof 24th April 2020

Hi, newbie here, looking to buy my first synth! Started off intending just to buy a £34.99 midi controller from Maplins to...

cathbristol
replies: 2 views: 1,623
terrible.dee 23rd April 2020

350Hz -6dB cut with Q set at 1 in all of them. Contenders (in no particular order) Metric Halo ChannelStrip3 Fabfilter...

N1Greg
replies: 0 views: 343
N1Greg 23rd April 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search