The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Views: 801
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 253,943
Absolute 29th September 2018

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 262 views: 25,001
b0se 9 hours ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 321 views: 30,047
luke241291 12 hours ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 2,046 views: 330,442
blayz2002 12 hours ago

Check it out. Mic is a vintage U47, rebuilt by Blue...

burns46824
replies: 5 views: 241
thethrillfactor 13 hours ago

I just modified the input internal preamplifier and I feel sound is better, noise level is 3dB lower, less distorsion, very...

Jean30
replies: 86 views: 16,466
newton.borges 14 hours ago

Hi there everyone, I'm a bass clarinet player, and as such, close mic the Bcl often. I usually use two mics (one up top; one...

SDunscombe
replies: 16 views: 699
Crazy4Jazz 16 hours ago

In the spirit of giving back to the community, here's a little shootout I did recently... The contenders: - AMS 1073spx -...

nicolasmasset
replies: 18 views: 2,567
smotion 1 day ago

Neumann U67 Reissue vs Josephson C715 Dual Capture New room is 11 x 12 with 8' ceiling, currently untreated save (9) 30 x 48...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 9 views: 359
StevenLMorgan 2 days ago

I switched from Satson to VCC years ago...I blindly assumed that VCC was better because it was fancier. Now that I'm ready to...

ghetto3jon
replies: 0 views: 131
ghetto3jon 3 days ago

Hi Guys, These are two u87's microhpones we have been testing at Stam Audio. I would be very keen on hearing which of both you...

joshuanaconda
replies: 41 views: 12,022
joshuanaconda 3 days ago

Biiig female and male vocal shoot-out! Over 60 mics. Vocal-Recording: Uber 60 Mikrofone im Klangvergleich | SOUND &...

zinzin
replies: 6 views: 1,808
N1Greg 3 days ago

Big Update: 28/10/19 Added: 1) CraveEQ (analogue mode) 2) DMG Equilibrium (analogue FIR w/long impulse) 3) TDR Slick M...

b0se
replies: 225 views: 19,239
Sonic Supreme 3 days ago

Good day fellow GS'ers... Today, I decided to do a mic shootout on my voice featuring a handful of different...

Adam Peter Shinn
replies: 8 views: 1,644
N1Greg 3 days ago

Hi All: I am recording a female vocalist - shooting out mics on her. A couple months ago on another song, we chose the AT4047...

gehauser
replies: 8 views: 5,137
N1Greg 4 days ago

Here are Samples! ----------1073 Vs MA5----------------------------------------------------- Make sure you view the Read...

Matt Hepworth
replies: 150 views: 41,792
johannburkard 4 days ago

Just was too curious and needed to know before investing 300$ in the UAD Luna "Neve Summing" Plugin how it would differ...

koenichsound
replies: 38 views: 5,325
Carlitopix 4 days ago

Hello Gearslutz community! Just as the title says this is a shootout between the Warm Audio WA-87 vs Zenpro's Modded WA-87. So...

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 39 views: 11,523
FOURTHTUNZ 6 days ago

AD Converter Comparison Test A very elementary ITB rough mix with no EQ or compression, of an album I´m working with at the...

Berndalen
replies: 23 views: 977
BrettB 1 week ago

Hi, I know they aren't 'popular' and may have not so many fans, but, I would kindly ask some kind soul, if you could show me...

KeithRichards
replies: 0 views: 71
KeithRichards 1 week ago

Hello all! This is my first post, as I just joined Gearslutz today! I wanted to do a shootout of 3 channel strip plugins,...

bigmacca
replies: 3 views: 969
cane creek 1 week ago

Hello, I have modified the internal preamplifier of a Superlux S502 and perhaps, will test it later with a non modified...

Jean30
replies: 51 views: 24,353
Aurasphere 1 week ago

I remember scraping the net for the longest time to find a useful comparison of the two. No luck. And the shootouts here have...

oxoloxo
replies: 5 views: 1,928
pencilextremist 1 week ago

What sounds better to you? Chain is: mic >> Neve 33115 (HPF @ 47 Hz, -2.5 @ 820 Hz) >> Urei LA-4...

burns46824
replies: 4 views: 216
burns46824 1 week ago

Hi all, this is a mic comparison for voiceover. 1. AKG C414 B-ULS (Micpre: Telefunken V672/2). Low cut in mic at 75 Hz. 2....

weidenhof
replies: 1 views: 547
weidenhof 1 week ago

Hey guys, I just had a vocal mic shootout today with some high-end (non-vintage/current issue) tube LDCs. Mainly clones or...

Kroc
replies: 6 views: 791
Zuewi 1 week ago

Hi Guys! I didn't found a lot of info or threats about the Advanced Audio CM 49 so I decided to do mine (not scientific),...

alercottle
replies: 3 views: 1,294
Aktuba 1 week ago

Alright Gearslutz.. here we go again.. It was very interesting reading your responses/reactions in the last mic test. Personally,...

justinmichael
replies: 186 views: 41,298
DAH 2 weeks ago

Gang, I just finished a fun software EQ shootout you may be interested in (inspired by the Sontec shootout here). File...

swartzfeger
replies: 20 views: 1,646
Ribbonmicguy 2 weeks ago

Hey there, For those who want to hear subtle differences among mic preamplifiers, I post 6 steel string acoustic guitar takes...

PhaseLinear
replies: 8 views: 3,860
PhaseLinear 2 weeks ago

I put two songs in my music website: "Heard My Call" (mostly synths and electric bass; guitars starts at 1:39) is the...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 202
aaron aardvark 2 weeks ago

Hey fellow slutz, I was testing out some gear because a few of my units were having issues (none that affect this shootout),...

ezrashanti
replies: 3 views: 541
ezrashanti 2 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 195
drumfool 3 weeks ago

RME Babyface Vs Mbox 3 - Rap vocal A/B test Recorded in 3.5 X 5 Whisper Room with a TLM 103 and a Blastpad. I tried to match...

Breathless
replies: 26 views: 19,487
Mr wyndzybeat 3 weeks ago

I just recorded myself singing the chorus of "You are not alone" by Michael Jackson... Using my AKG C414 Xlii and my...

MarcusNeeraas
replies: 1 views: 561
ZEF 3 weeks ago

I recently grabbed an SPX-2000 and tested out the Rev-X verbs tonight. I am not aware of any shootouts with it, so here it is...

eugtone
replies: 52 views: 6,341
eugtone 3 weeks ago

Hi, I record mainly drums (no mixing, I'm actually a drummer doing remote sessions, and sometimes recording other drummers). I...

JohP
replies: 8 views: 764
JohP 3 weeks ago

Well basically guys, I've been recording since around 2007, from using headphones as mics and boomboxes to learning about...

genesisgk
replies: 1 views: 1,360
copperx 3 weeks ago

Zylia, a technology leader in 3D audio recording created a new demo that shows possibilities of fully navigable 6 degrees of...

ZYLIA
replies: 0 views: 816
ZYLIA 4 weeks ago

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 357 views: 90,937
fbaldauf 4 weeks ago

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 32 views: 7,906
Bwogo 4 weeks ago

In the Amek thread I was mentioning how close I can get with AirEQ, it's really a pretty versatile EQ because of the...

Taurean
replies: 6 views: 514
Taurean 30th May 2020

Please delete this thread. Thank you

suburst
replies: 0 views: 260
suburst 28th May 2020

Hello All, I recently picked up the new master stereo set offered by Telefunken on the new SDC FET series the M60's, I had a...

Jagalle47
replies: 7 views: 1,200
Jagalle47 27th May 2020

Hi There, This is my first time posting here and I would love to get some feedback and opinions about this mix and master that...

figure8sound
replies: 6 views: 611
figure8sound 26th May 2020

As you all know EZBass was released recently and I've made this quick demo using Clean DI signal from the plugin that I then...

JyTy
replies: 0 views: 428
JyTy 20th May 2020
replies: 1 views: 557
imloggedin 20th May 2020

Which mic is better: SE Electronics X1 S or SE Electronics SE2200?

Pedro Viana
replies: 1 views: 326
BlackwingGabriel 19th May 2020

I put two songs in my music website: "I Heard You Say Those Words" is the song on top and "Where You Are At"...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 287
aaron aardvark 19th May 2020

We tested the new Warm Audio WA-87 microphone vs an original Neumann U87 (not AI...) on drums, acoustic guitar, grand piano and...

warhead
replies: 71 views: 53,608
invalidusername 18th May 2020

Blinded Vocal Compressor Shootout - 1 SW 4 HW Files are downloadable 96/24 WAV Olivia - Raw Vocal - Josephson C715 > Pueblo...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 29 views: 954
StevenLMorgan 18th May 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search