The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 231,479
Absolute 29th September 2018

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 11 views: 691
johannburkard 2 hours ago

Hi there! I've made a blind test with my Igs Audio Tubecore Vari-mu Compressor to better understand the color of it when it's...

nrehk
replies: 0 views: 157
nrehk 1 day ago

Dear GearSlut colleagues, I've been recording for years and I recently (within the last few months) discovered Shadow Hills...

SnareBuzz
replies: 17 views: 22,296
zinzin 2 days ago

Hi i have bought 2 Yamaha HS7 and when i try to plug them both into my focusrite at the same time its makes a loud buzzing noise...

Tazz gunna
replies: 0 views: 180
Tazz gunna 2 days ago

Since no one commented, I removed the files.

Shannon Adkins
replies: 3 views: 279
chessparov2.0 4 days ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 80 views: 4,423
johannburkard 4 days ago

Well, it's that time again. Everyone couple years when I feel a new bar has been reached for Antelope conversion (and conversion...

Clybourne
replies: 3 views: 1,120
Drumnbass411 5 days ago

Hello slutz I modified this compressor just for fun.... I added a pair of output transformers I also changed aesthetics a...

PereGrinoz
replies: 25 views: 3,240
mrand 5 days ago

Here is a small shootout I conducted trying to determine which microphone would better suit this song. All vocals are different...

Twenty Staxx
replies: 2 views: 835
Twenty Staxx 6 days ago

Acoustic Guitar. 24Bit, 48kHz. Vintage LA-2A Chandler RS124 Retro Doublewide Wes Audio Timbre Amtec 099 Chandler...

cracki
replies: 11 views: 1,805
cracki 1 week ago

I did a shootout, nothing really fancy or scientific, but tried to be as accurate as possible. These are the preamps: Warm...

OverTheTop
replies: 73 views: 10,278
OverTheTop 1 week ago

I just put together a vibraphone overhead shootout with Rode NT5 (joly caps), Audio-Technica AT4050, and Line Audio CM3. I...

drumfool
replies: 1 views: 354
Danielbest1 1 week ago

Hey All, I took a short clip of the tune from my Tonelux/API/Waves shootout and ran the drums through some of my stereo...

jcoutu1
replies: 7 views: 2,013
andrew montreal 2 weeks ago

This video is about Avalon AD2044 Compressor Outboard vs Plugin. Setting up plugins as close as possible to the sound of the...

sttae
replies: 0 views: 358
sttae 2 weeks ago

Here's a test track put together for the purpose of testing out nine different summing boxes/configurations. Please share which...

MythUndreamt
replies: 4 views: 949
jayalanthomp 2 weeks ago

I decided to post some examples of my new Black Lion Audio B173 preamp. I also own a Golden age pre 73 mk1 and some black lion...

tribedescribe
replies: 18 views: 18,835
Diap lavey 2 weeks ago

Hi guys I made a movie to show you guys some audio clips of a API vs a BLA pres. Ill let you decide which sounds best or w/e. ...

TeamContra
replies: 21 views: 8,937
Diap lavey 2 weeks ago

Hi All, I'm currently involved with research into the Time-Scale Modification (TSM) of Audio as part of my PhD. This research...

Zygurt
replies: 0 views: 365
Zygurt 2 weeks ago

This is a comparison of the Coles 4038 and our new O.P.R Rocket 4038 which as far as I'm aware is the first and only ribbon mic...

OPR
replies: 0 views: 362
OPR 2 weeks ago

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Save My Life" is the song on top, and "You Have to Decide" is the next...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 309
aaron aardvark 2 weeks ago

A little fun with my friend Ari. A quick sing into the JZ BH1 into the LA610mkii. http://youtu.be/1J3ndGBX0f0

phrogstudios
replies: 1 views: 1,316
xojjt222 2 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 303
drumfool 2 weeks ago

Please download http://www.mediafire.com/file/jlgklgwb3ebam5k/u47cust_rms47_flea47_um57redM7.zip/file 1) RMS47 - standard...

mals
replies: 0 views: 326
mals 3 weeks ago

Been testing CD vs Tidal vs Qobuz. Both Tidal and Qobuz are their Hi-Fi packages meaning 16 bit 44.1kHz audio streaming (and...

Zac Zikis
replies: 26 views: 10,603
theblue1 3 weeks ago

EDIT: The secret has been revealed! The preamps are revealed on page 3. heh (NOTE - Before the big "reveal", the...

-=DanAtkinson=-
replies: 751 views: 135,372
brockorama 3 weeks ago

I did a shootout comparing bottom and side snare miking using both a dynamic (SM57) and SDC (Rode NT5). Let me know what you...

drumfool
replies: 2 views: 405
drumfool 3 weeks ago

Hey I know some people around the forums have been trying to get clips of the Great River, Mike E, and the new Tone Beast. For...

IBE
replies: 13 views: 8,684
Aphexia 3 weeks ago

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 24 views: 4,762
Bwogo 3 weeks ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,729 views: 263,236
mforlin 3 weeks ago

Edit: February 2012 I removed the esnips and megaupload links that dis not not work any longer. New download link for raw...

didier.brest
replies: 162 views: 35,340
PabRAM 3 weeks ago

Hey folks, Respected bluegrass guitarist Wyatt Rice and I discuss Ovation Guitars, his brother Tony Rice, and demo Scott...

BluegrassDan
replies: 1 views: 478
Danielbest1 4 weeks ago

Hey, im looking to buy microphones for recording drums... however im on a budget. Could anyone recommend the following? A...

FlockaFez
replies: 2 views: 385
FlockaFez 4 weeks ago

I had the pleasure to test and compare four beautiful microphones: The new GOLDEN AGE PREMIER GA-47, the new WARM AUDIO WA-47...

roughgear
replies: 31 views: 13,626
Ted Steadman 4 weeks ago

I recently grabbed an SPX-2000 and tested out the Rev-X verbs tonight. I am not aware of any shootouts with it, so here it is...

eugtone
replies: 44 views: 2,522
Solidtrax 4 weeks ago

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 45 views: 10,390
YotamL 4 weeks ago

A few weeks ago I asked you guys for advice on a warm sounding mic to compliment my TLM103. Here are the results of the...

Deleted 7a0e5c3
replies: 24 views: 7,982
Ruudii2 4 weeks ago

Hello, everyone! with the launch of the new Focusrite plugin, I decided to do a little comparison between him, the FG-RED and...

gilmanoel
replies: 18 views: 9,707
TeleMA50c 13th February 2019

I just purchased PCM92 for 1k and I'm not really sure if it is worth the money after hearing these tracks blindly. When i solo...

clee401
replies: 14 views: 3,368
Danielbest1 12th February 2019

YouTube In this clip I am running: Mooer GE200 with just the amp block turned on, straight to the interface using an impulse...

antonis91
replies: 0 views: 364
antonis91 11th February 2019

I tested three different mics inside and show them with and without overhead as well as with and without a front of kick...

drumfool
replies: 0 views: 397
drumfool 11th February 2019

Here is my first foray into the world of shootouts. This is the same four bar sample recorded with three different pairs of...

drumfool
replies: 1 views: 507
drumfool 8th February 2019

I've got a Steinberg MR816X since yesterday. On this evening I recorded a quick comparison with the RME Fireface 400. Two...

didier.brest
replies: 41 views: 38,206
Big_Bang 8th February 2019

Hey Guys/ Gals, New Poster here!So I am looking for a new Microphone for (Male and Dynamic) vocals+ guitar primarily (Pretty...

teebs93
replies: 2 views: 3,762
methylion 8th February 2019

Setting up plugins as close as possible to the sound of the Outboard. All the video clips in the Compressor Comparison...

sttae
replies: 3 views: 845
frans 7th February 2019

Lynn from Sweetwater shared a great Pultec HW shootout recently. I put my best ITB options up against my favourite HW unit from...

b0se
replies: 0 views: 581
b0se 6th February 2019

First off, if someone has any constructive theories why my test in this post may be flawed, please enlighten me. Not looking for...

Flippy Floppy
replies: 10 views: 785
stinkyfingers 6th February 2019

I recently picked up a new Blue Kiwi. Already having and loving one, I decided to buy another to try them out as drum overheads....

adrummingdude
replies: 25 views: 6,091
andrew montreal 3rd February 2019

Hi all, As a long-time analog tape user I have been intrigued with the release this year of popular tape sims by Waves and UAD,...

Trakworx
replies: 351 views: 61,796
shamelesssounds 2nd February 2019

Here are some samples of the Stretch on the 2 bus, wanted to share. 5 tracks: Original, then through circuit (Input), then 3...

JamesTinney
replies: 2 views: 1,564
Salty James 1st February 2019

I used the vocals from the Joe West openmix thing from waves..... Plugins used: Waves Scheps 73 Arturia Pre 73 Black...

TheKingslayer
replies: 5 views: 946
JayCutler 31st January 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search