The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 334 views: 256,552
soufis 6 days ago

I did a quick test to see which lunchbox sounded better to me: API 500-6B vs Lindell Audio 506. Using an Apollo Quad, I simply...

drumsandcymbals8
replies: 33 views: 10,896
Walshy 18 hours ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 333 views: 32,749
b0se 20 hours ago

There has been a lot of discussion on here lately about 500 series racks since a power supply is a vital component in audio...

James7800
replies: 6 views: 692
Weezon 1 day ago

Hey everyone, Short time lurker, first time poster. I'm relatively new to the world of mastering. Been interning with Matthew...

Phillip Dempster
replies: 229 views: 25,852
jsc 1 day ago

I posted this in the Amplitube 5 thread but figured it should have its own here too. No other processing, just amp+impulse...

machinated
replies: 0 views: 84
machinated 1 day ago

Clipper Shootout 2020 Do all clippers sound the same? Do clippers change the tonal balance of a mix? Let's find...

Simon Morrison
replies: 21 views: 1,721
UltraByte 2 days ago

Alright, here is the followup to my quite popular thread SSL Bus Comp Shootout (SSL X-Rack, Stam SA-4000+, Duende, Slate, Waves,...

JSchlomo
replies: 6 views: 319
JSchlomo 2 days ago

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 364 views: 94,731
NathanC 3 days ago

***UPDATE*** Not yet saying which is which, but the 3 mics heard in this shootout are: Telefunken AR51 Neumann TLM 49 Neumann...

halcyo
replies: 39 views: 848
halcyo 3 days ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 2,180 views: 367,915
didier.brest 4 days ago

Hi everyone! I recently learned about the Presonus Quantum 4848. Love the feature set, it's perfect for my studio where I have...

saoul
replies: 0 views: 94
saoul 6 days ago

I put 2 songs on my music website: "Way More To Me" is the song on top, and "Guitar Wail in E minor" is the...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 143
aaron aardvark 6 days ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 393 views: 40,693
JSchlomo 1 week ago

Here attached two takes, recorded one week apart, with a Brauner Valvet pair and a Neumann M149 pair. All other factors...

didier.brest
replies: 102 views: 34,967
BasspirO 1 week ago

So I had fun with this. I recorded a pretty "to a tee" version of The Beatles "I Call Your Name." Well...

Hamburg58
replies: 16 views: 4,651
nat8808 1 week ago

Hey guys. Me being one of the guys thats tired of hearing that Waves plugins sound plastic and most software doesn't come close...

M2E
replies: 25 views: 4,650
nat8808 1 week ago

Thanks to "mpr3" here is a short test to see which one you can pick out. We have the original Hardware, Waves...

M2E
replies: 52 views: 15,776
jams3223 1 week ago

Hi there! I've made a blind test with my Igs Audio Tubecore Vari-mu Compressor to better understand the color of it when it's...

nrehk
replies: 6 views: 2,162
jontornblom 1 week ago

A bit of an unfair fight? Maybe. You get to be the judge. stike Here’s how I did the test: I took a song that I had...

norman_nomad
replies: 605 views: 347,383
didier.brest 1 week ago

I did a quick shootout yesterday: six condenser mics on acoustic guitar. All mics in cardioid pattern No pads or filters...

Pete Cage
replies: 11 views: 577
Pete Cage 1 week ago

Ronan Chris Murphy did a great review of the Analogue Tube AT-101 (Fairchild 670 recreation) on Ronan's Recording...

ghostwriter
replies: 205 views: 78,068
Dirk Churlish 2 weeks ago

Aloha, So I tried my best with this. I tried to match the levels and spacing. Used my Audient ID22 and itʻs preamps. I have a...

Bradahman
replies: 26 views: 1,714
P-pangdrums 2 weeks ago

Just was too curious and needed to know before investing 300$ in the UAD Luna "Neve Summing" Plugin how it would differ...

koenichsound
replies: 44 views: 18,954
JayArgh 2 weeks ago

Greetings from Australia Long time GS member, studio owner, Glasshouse Studios and growing Aussie distributor / retailer. The...

anguswoodhead
replies: 190 views: 14,945
sirthought 3 weeks ago

AD Converter Comparison Test A very elementary ITB rough mix with no EQ or compression, of an album I´m working with at the...

Berndalen
replies: 51 views: 4,149
Berndalen 3 weeks ago

I have had the Royer 122's for some time now. One had to go into the shop for a re-ribbon so I thought I'd try out some Rode...

piano
replies: 32 views: 7,898
nyandres 3 weeks ago

Big Update: 28/10/19 Added: 1) CraveEQ (analogue mode) 2) DMG Equilibrium (analogue FIR w/long impulse) 3) TDR Slick M...

b0se
replies: 249 views: 25,032
RVD2077 3 weeks ago

Hey there, thought someone might be interested in this.. I recently built a hairball audio rev d 1176.. Very impressed with the...

leitrim_lad
replies: 20 views: 7,237
jaguarguitar 3 weeks ago

Tell me what you are hear .Test power cables.VOVOX initio vs normal store cable. 3 power cables are change for my NSEQ 4,BAX...

angel72bg
replies: 13 views: 2,623
Jayhutchinsmusic 3 weeks ago

I wanted to share some processed files I made by running thru a bunch of compressors I've had on hand over the past year or...

littlesicily
replies: 299 views: 79,940
[email protected] 3 weeks ago

I invite you to compare and blind test yourselves. What do you hear? Files are 100 bpm, LUFS matched. There are about 12 tracks...

Dirk Churlish
replies: 12 views: 1,736
yewtreemagic 4 weeks ago

In the Amek thread I was mentioning how close I can get with AirEQ, it's really a pretty versatile EQ because of the...

Taurean
replies: 7 views: 844
RJHollins 17th December 2020

I put 2 songs in my music website: 'When I Rev Your Engine" (starts with the mystery muscle car) is the song on top, and the...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 226
aaron aardvark 16th December 2020

Hi guys, We did a comparison between SSL Sigma and Neve 8816. The setup is Antelope Orion32 --> SSL/Neve We summed a...

Mite
replies: 7 views: 8,423
Firechild 15th December 2020

Hi! I made this snare comparison video and thought that some of the Gearslutz members might be interested to hear the...

kaide
replies: 1 views: 222
kaide 15th December 2020

Ok, I´m sharing a very quick vocal test I did today with these 3 preamps I own (not in this order): Neve 1073 DPA: 25 db...

Cosmonauta
replies: 24 views: 11,180
kennomac 13th December 2020

Male Vocal - 67 Reissue and Soyuz 013 FET Dual Capture - Unisum and Coil. There is a lot going on in these samples - all...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 1 views: 550
DistortingJack 11th December 2020

Here you have the first files VOXORAMA FET tube / call it whatever you want right is VF14 EF/...

carloff
replies: 41 views: 22,537
senordelaflor 11th December 2020

Here's a converter test I just did. Compared a Lynx Hilo (TB), a Tascam DA-3000, and a Prism Dream AD-2. Signal Flow: Otari...

burns46824
replies: 98 views: 16,490
LiveMusicNY 11th December 2020

A test for Warm WA87 vs JZ BH2. The same preamps,one take,the same cables,the same pop filter. AD Antelope Orion32 Voice...

angel72bg
replies: 0 views: 256
angel72bg 9th December 2020

Hi everyone, OK, so as promised: This is a comparison of numerous LA-2A and "opto" plugins, plus a few others. I got...

theothermarkwilliams
replies: 30 views: 7,162
miscend 9th December 2020

I'm sure there are going to be a ton of people telling me how unscientific this is, but so be it. I know something like this...

Johnkenn
replies: 178 views: 57,452
chrisdee 8th December 2020

there seems to be an ongoing controversy about how the KM184 sounds compared to the KM140, so i thought i would post a couple of...

jnorman
replies: 52 views: 17,755
didier.brest 8th December 2020

Ok guys. My mic locker is starting to grow so I decided to do a shoot out and post some files. These files are all solo vocals....

Twenty Staxx
replies: 73 views: 13,105
Twenty Staxx 8th December 2020

Hi Fellows! Hope you are doing great. Im about no change my Fireface 800 and looking for a new convertor, trying to jump to a...

Urbini
replies: 3 views: 257
funka 7th December 2020

Sorry to put up a new thread but there seemed to be some wandering topics in that other one. Anyways THIS is a REAL test of what...

johnscalia
replies: 250 views: 136,863
Agzilla 6th December 2020

Hey guys, I said on a previous thread I could shootout the Aston Origin and the Shure SM7B. I thought I'd add a budget ribbon mic...

Denta
replies: 0 views: 417
Denta 5th December 2020

Blinded Vocal Compressor Shootout - 1 SW 4 HW Files are downloadable 96/24 WAV Olivia - Raw Vocal - Josephson C715 > Pueblo...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 37 views: 2,131
StevenLMorgan 5th December 2020

BEHOLD...the Kush Audio Tweaker!!!! :lol: No seriously though, this box has absolutely blew my mind with what it can do to a...

TheDawg
replies: 4 views: 3,915
MarcNuman 2nd December 2020

Hi everyone, Here I share a shootout I made in my own studio, I wanted to compare the stock preamps and converters of -...

rubenmarcano
replies: 17 views: 5,025
rectifryer 1st December 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search