The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 255,198
Absolute 29th September 2018

I invite you to compare and blind test yourselves. What do you hear? Files are 100 bpm, LUFS matched. There are about 12 tracks...

Dirk Churlish
replies: 5 views: 539
denork 3 minutes ago

I just did quick blind test between the two EQ plugins Empirical Labs BIG FrEQ and ddmf IIEQPro. Tweaks are made by ears. To make...

poshook
replies: 6 views: 836
rojhmusic 1 day ago

Samples are recorded with the preamps on the Audient ID22. Microphones were side to side, and I tried my best to match the levels...

Bradahman
replies: 21 views: 734
Bradahman 2 days ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 291 views: 28,603
b0se 2 days ago

Aloha, So I tried my best with this. I tried to match the levels and spacing. Used my Audient ID22 and itʻs preamps. I have a...

Bradahman
replies: 23 views: 728
GeneHall 3 days ago

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 179 views: 20,995
johannburkard 3 days ago

Here's a converter test I just did. Compared a Lynx Hilo (TB), a Tascam DA-3000, and a Prism Dream AD-2. Signal Flow: Otari...

burns46824
replies: 97 views: 15,347
burns46824 3 days ago

I use a Yamaha SREV1 in my studio. I have converted the impulse responses of the bricasti M7 from "Acousticas" into the...

Starstreet
replies: 25 views: 10,604
axisdreamer 4 days ago

Hello all! This is my first Gearslutz post, though I've been a reader for ages. My mics: For my radio & podcast studio...

ctcwired
replies: 1 views: 1,654
JblKid95 4 days ago

Hello all, I'm always a bit skeptical of plugins made to emulate the sound of popular artists but this particular Lo Fi tool...

KevTheAudioGuy
replies: 0 views: 113
KevTheAudioGuy 5 days ago

Hi all, Wanted to talk a bit about tube upgrades to the Universal Audio LA-610. I am by no means an expert on tubes (or...

b0b0
replies: 6 views: 1,882
b0b0 5 days ago

Big Update: 28/10/19 Added: 1) CraveEQ (analogue mode) 2) DMG Equilibrium (analogue FIR w/long impulse) 3) TDR Slick M...

b0se
replies: 238 views: 22,452
b0se 6 days ago

Neumann U67 Reissue vs Josephson C715 Dual Capture New room is 11 x 12 with 8' ceiling, currently untreated save (9) 30 x 48...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 11 views: 854
spektor 6 days ago

Here's the second in a series of short preset demo tracks for Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6 Pro. Basses and guitar presets in...

KevTheAudioGuy
replies: 0 views: 135
KevTheAudioGuy 1 week ago

I put two songs in my music website: "The Creation" is the song on top (mostly synths, though it has E-Bow guitar...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 149
aaron aardvark 1 week ago

I recently sent my Behringer ADA8200 out to BLA for the premium mod. No need for you guys to tell me what better converters there...

Obe1
replies: 22 views: 5,933
acidrecords 1 week ago

Greetings from Australia Long time GS member, studio owner, Glasshouse Studios and growing Aussie distributor / retailer. The...

anguswoodhead
replies: 185 views: 11,779
Bradahman 1 week ago

Hello guys! This test was made to be shared between a small circle of friends.. but maybe you find it interesting :-) The track...

Audiotales
replies: 30 views: 2,326
imdasloth 1 week ago

I am attempting to compile a comprehensive comparison of all emulations and clones of the original Roland Dimension D SDD-320...

btfnk
replies: 27 views: 2,058
btfnk 1 week ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 2,118 views: 348,352
Dan O 1 week ago

Found this mic at the bottom of a box my uncle gave me. Sent it to Clarence Kane @ Enak for rehab! Check out the...

west_joe
replies: 2 views: 1,709
wagz 2 weeks ago

Ronan Chris Murphy did a great review of the Analogue Tube AT-101 (Fairchild 670 recreation) on Ronan's Recording...

ghostwriter
replies: 204 views: 76,417
Dirk Churlish 2 weeks ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 350 views: 34,938
JSchlomo 2 weeks ago

put up a lightweight contender, weighing in at $599, hailing from Nashville, TN, The Stager Microphones SR2N, and in the other...

Doc Mixwell
replies: 9 views: 3,048
Doc Mixwell 2 weeks ago

Male Vocal - 67 Reissue and Soyuz 013 FET Dual Capture - Unisum and Coil. There is a lot going on in these samples - all...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 0 views: 210
StevenLMorgan 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Here I share a shootout I made in my own studio, I wanted to compare the stock preamps and converters of -...

rubenmarcano
replies: 13 views: 3,948
JClay 3 weeks ago

First let me start by saying, I LOVE "The Hardware Compressor & Limiter Comparison Thread (With Audio Files)"...

M2E
replies: 49 views: 2,203
M2E 3 weeks ago

Male Vocal - Retro 176 and Retro Sta 96-24 WAV -6 dB Peak Downloadable 67 Reissue > Pueblo Audio JR in treated...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 0 views: 240
StevenLMorgan 3 weeks ago

Here is a test, with multiple sample rates, of the Pacific Microsonics HDCD Model 2 vs. the JCF Latte. Please keep in mind that...

burns46824
replies: 39 views: 1,720
spektor 4 weeks ago

Just got a Vanguard V13 in the house this past week, and decided to shoot it out against the three mics that have done most of...

nightchef
replies: 12 views: 1,607
MandoBastardo 4 weeks ago

Here is a little blind test between MAAT theEQred vs DMG Audio Equilibrium. It's only two bands of EQ, first node at 350Hz -2dB...

bmanic
replies: 15 views: 943
B Elgin 4 weeks ago

EDIT: The secret has been revealed! The preamps are revealed on page 3. heh (NOTE - Before the big "reveal", the...

-=DanAtkinson=-
replies: 771 views: 146,418
N1Greg 18th September 2020

In the process of buying a pair of active or passive monitors but I haven't been able to find any speaker/amp shootouts besides...

NickLeoAudio
replies: 0 views: 218
NickLeoAudio 17th September 2020

AD Converter Comparison Test A very elementary ITB rough mix with no EQ or compression, of an album I´m working with at the...

Berndalen
replies: 41 views: 2,581
speerchucker 16th September 2020

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Somewhere In the Sky" is the song on top, and "Surfer Sabotage" is the...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 254
aaron aardvark 16th September 2020

Hello Everybody, I recently did a mic comparison article for Flatpicking Guitar Magazine featuring small condenser mics. Here are...

troxelj
replies: 55 views: 48,195
didier.brest 15th September 2020

This is a complement to a previous shootout with 6 cardio SDC pairs. Same Chopin nocturne, same piano, same room, same mics...

didier.brest
replies: 209 views: 43,092
KCobby 15th September 2020

Hi everyone, I'd like to share with you this mic shootout I've made, since there are not many out there that include some of...

fbaldauf
replies: 7 views: 449
fbaldauf 14th September 2020
replies: 1 views: 626
Dirk Churlish 14th September 2020

Hey All, Let's see how different the API 2500, Waves 2500, and Tonelux TX5C are. I mixed a section of the tracks from the...

jcoutu1
replies: 22 views: 6,030
blueNan 10th September 2020

I had the pleasure to test and compare four beautiful microphones: The new GOLDEN AGE PREMIER GA-47, the new WARM AUDIO WA-47...

roughgear
replies: 36 views: 27,950
N1Greg 5th September 2020

Here attached two takes, recorded one week apart, with a Brauner Valvet pair and a Neumann M149 pair. All other factors...

didier.brest
replies: 100 views: 34,363
Marspflanze 5th September 2020

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 359 views: 92,527
balluda 2nd September 2020

Hey fellow slutz, Two days ago i did a shooutout with popular mics and pre's and i like to share the results with you guys! I...

Rogervandeberg
replies: 83 views: 28,691
56tweed 31st August 2020

After searching Gearslutz and the entire internet finding no audio samples, here may be the first and most extensive posted...

BluegrassDan
replies: 25 views: 8,884
mikesc 30th August 2020

Hi everyone, this is a blind test with the FAB 87 against a Neumann u87 Rev 16 and a Neumann Rev 20. Guess the mic and put the...

fabstudios
replies: 15 views: 983
fabstudios 28th August 2020

Hello, I have modified the internal preamplifier of a Superlux S502 and perhaps, will test it later with a non modified...

Jean30
replies: 57 views: 25,379
Blindekinder 28th August 2020

This a Logic Pro X vs LUNA side by side mix comparison of the same song. I have been using Logic for 15 years. Luna just arrived...

johnscalia
replies: 7 views: 3,194
Jantex 25th August 2020

Hello, I don't post often here on Gearslutz, probably because there's already so much to read!:lol: But... a blind test it's...

Alteregoxxx
replies: 6 views: 1,552
Dirk Churlish 25th August 2020

Hi There, This is my first time posting here and I would love to get some feedback and opinions about this mix and master that...

figure8sound
replies: 7 views: 961
Dirk Churlish 25th August 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search