The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 243,442
Absolute 29th September 2018

Just got a Vanguard V13 in the house this past week, and decided to shoot it out against the three mics that have done most of...

nightchef
replies: 0 views: 123
nightchef 6 hours ago

Here is a wurst mic shootout I made. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/VdnUYvnU2fY

drumfool
replies: 0 views: 573
drumfool 18 hours ago

Hey all, I used my modded Rode NT2 into my Steinberg U44 interface to do three back to back short recordings of the same jazz...

Juanathan
replies: 27 views: 8,040
dickiefunk 1 day ago

Hello Slutz, I just received a Sanken CU44X and have recorded some drums with it. Position is 1,2m over the floortom, pointed...

da burf
replies: 2 views: 2,131
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

I compared 3 different tube mics on acoustic guitar. The Heiserman H47tube, the U-67 (with Neumann BV-12 transformer), and a...

rob61
replies: 1 views: 718
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Sorry, double post. Moderator please delete.

rob61
replies: 0 views: 676
rob61 2 days ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 222 views: 19,294
JSchlomo 2 days ago

The vocals in this song were created by one of two ways. I either sampled Dave Gahan's vocals, and manipulated them with...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 292
aaron aardvark 2 days ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 196 views: 16,454
b0se 3 days ago

Acustica Audio has teamed with renowned engineer Dave Pensado and created a custom Pensado EQ. Inspired by the Sontec 432 eq...

swartzfeger
replies: 36 views: 2,590
wm9 3 days ago

By "popular demand," here are some samples of the Roland TB-3 together with boost pedals. You'll hear: Foxpedal...

johannburkard
replies: 0 views: 526
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hi everyone, Here I share a shootout I made in my own studio, I wanted to compare the stock preamps and converters of -...

rubenmarcano
replies: 6 views: 1,898
Vasily111 4 days ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,853 views: 298,949
didier.brest 4 days ago

This compressor is absolutely awesome in great price :) 4 compressors in one and I can easily match settings and get sound with...

SuchyRNRStudio
replies: 34 views: 9,801
Capashitor 4 days ago

Big Update: 28/10/19 Added: 1) CraveEQ (analogue mode) 2) DMG Equilibrium (analogue FIR w/long impulse) 3) TDR Slick M...

b0se
replies: 165 views: 9,956
ChayaFFM 6 days ago

I had the pleasure to test and compare four beautiful microphones: The new GOLDEN AGE PREMIER GA-47, the new WARM AUDIO WA-47...

roughgear
replies: 33 views: 20,621
nukmusic 1 week ago

Hello, This is a shoutout of the two rebadged Alctron HRM-15 ribbon microphones recorded thru a DAV BG1 and a RME. Same take,...

xav
replies: 9 views: 7,556
Keating 1 week ago

I got a stereo set of sE8 small diaphragm condenser microphones and did a test against the Neumann KM184. I'm absolutely amazed...

roughgear
replies: 14 views: 10,785
chebum 1 week ago

Tell me what you are hear .Test power cables.VOVOX initio vs normal store cable. 3 power cables are change for my NSEQ 4,BAX...

angel72bg
replies: 11 views: 1,524
Conundra 1 week ago

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 30 views: 6,696
Funkybot 1 week ago

please delete I will post new one

Thavma
replies: 0 views: 242
Thavma 2 weeks ago

Did this quick on overheads at fairly extreme settings to see the real difference between the two. Quick explanation: I was...

sam guaiana
replies: 1 views: 393
MikeTSH 2 weeks ago

I just modified the input internal preamplifier and I feel sound is better, noise level is 3dB lower, less distorsion, very...

Jean30
replies: 77 views: 14,937
Jean30 2 weeks ago

Here's a small test on one of my beats. There's not much EQ on the beat, just basic levels and pan. On the 2 Bus: SSL Fusion vs...

cjack2020
replies: 87 views: 5,732
illsoulprod 2 weeks ago

Some speakers hardly hiss. Most active speakers I've tried hiss enough that it's annoying. Personal experience from most hiss...

stevenswall
replies: 0 views: 251
stevenswall 2 weeks ago

Here are some samples of the Stretch on the 2 bus, wanted to share. 5 tracks: Original, then through circuit (Input), then 3...

JamesTinney
replies: 3 views: 2,117
drainyoo 3 weeks ago

I did this video, where you can hear an 808 drum loop processed with LTL Silver Bullet "N" and comparing 30 vst plugins...

Thavma
replies: 6 views: 783
mglide 3 weeks ago

I have the Slate Digital VMS and Townsend Labs Sphere mics right now and have recorded myself singing bits of songs into both at...

emCar
replies: 40 views: 15,992
elephantpants 4 weeks ago

Stam Audio SA-2A Optical Compressor TRANSFORMER SWAP: UTC HA-100X and UTC A-24 BLIND TESTS - HAVE YOUR SAY!!!!! Swapped out...

musicartist
replies: 27 views: 5,002
NickAnanas 4 weeks ago

Hello, a while back I managed to score an old TC Helicon Harmony G-XT for about $50 on OfferUp, and now I’m looking to get a...

TheRedScarecrow
replies: 0 views: 385
TheRedScarecrow 4 weeks ago

Hello Slutz, I am posting here some quick comparison files of Andreas Grosser's U47 microphones, Original Vintage 1968 U87, and...

DONNX
replies: 76 views: 35,811
Kidgray 20th December 2019

Neumann U67 RI Raw Female Vocal & 0 - 10 dB Compression Johanna Bush - King Of Kings All files matched to -6 dB peak 1 - 67...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 3 views: 658
Danielbest1 18th December 2019

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Exodus Through Egypt" (guitars are during the chorus) is the song on top, and...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 289
aaron aardvark 14th December 2019

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 151 views: 10,977
kvintvs 13th December 2019

Here is a track I wrote, played on, recorded, mixed but now at the mastering stage and testing dual mono vs stereo processing. ...

cap217
replies: 1 views: 853
Heartfelt 10th December 2019

Alright guys here we go. Here is the vocal clips comparing the c800g and the c100. A few notes: All clips were recorded...

Krush411
replies: 6 views: 9,146
Man_O_Music 7th December 2019

Heya slutz, I was lucky enough to get my hands on the newest 500 series compressor from JLM Audio, the FC500. It's a FET...

bent sounds
replies: 10 views: 6,806
LMNproyect 7th December 2019

Hi, I have put together a rough blind test of three vst Reverb plugins and am interested to hear your thoughts on these. The...

dickiefunk
replies: 13 views: 1,441
Danielbest1 3rd December 2019

Hello Everyone! I'm a researcher currently studying for a PhD in the field of Psychoacoustics within the Applied...

Andrew Parker
replies: 0 views: 314
Andrew Parker 1st December 2019

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 354 views: 88,173
didier.brest 1st December 2019

Hi to all .. im on the market for a Vari Mu stereo comp, on this budget! Im beetwen the Retro revolver and the Highland BG1. Any...

spreadspell
replies: 5 views: 993
b0se 30th November 2019

I remember scraping the net for the longest time to find a useful comparison of the two. No luck. And the shootouts here have...

oxoloxo
replies: 4 views: 1,419
MikeInOttawa 29th November 2019

A fellow gearslut and myself got to do a quick shootout between these two budget Neve preamp clones last weekend. Tom from...

thismercifulfate
replies: 13 views: 12,545
Musiclab 28th November 2019

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 63 views: 21,277
JSchlomo 28th November 2019

Hi All! I do this example for class every once in a while, and thought I would record it this year cause it's always so fun. ...

Funkster
replies: 0 views: 350
Funkster 24th November 2019

Here's my second attempt at recording this illusive tone. Any critiques are welcome This is a mic'd cab with a Boogie III++,...

BoogieWoogie
replies: 3 views: 1,258
davemustang 22nd November 2019

Dear all, Have you ever wondered how preamps stack up and color a full mix? Then stay tuned, as I have recorded an entire song...

mrmecanique
replies: 4 views: 1,260
craigmorris74 21st November 2019

Win $2,500 worth of mics with the LEWITT mixing contest Create your mix of Saint Agnes’ Move Like A Ghost from the...

The Press Desk
replies: 0 views: 715
The Press Desk 21st November 2019

Looking for advice for a 4 channel pre. I will be hooking it up to a tascam 16x8. Looking for an overall pre. Drums guitar vocals...

Steve4es
replies: 0 views: 374
Steve4es 20th November 2019

MASELEC MLA4(single band) vs SSL Bus MYNX with the same...

angel72bg
replies: 8 views: 1,475
Inge 18th November 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search