The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 226,499
Absolute 2 weeks ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,678 views: 244,552
Coucou 5 hours ago

Here are some audio files of the brand new Golden Age Premier PRE-73 Premier (the new premium line of Golden Age) in comparison...

roughgear
replies: 18 views: 3,564
MCReef 11 hours ago

Hey guys, this is not a blind shootout but something that should be of help mostly for people who think about getting their...

JSchlomo
replies: 19 views: 2,806
JSchlomo 21 hours ago

Hello! I have read A LOT here. Now I´m on the other side. This is my first post! :-D This very first post contains a...

Berndalen
replies: 0 views: 117
Berndalen 22 hours ago

The idea of this shootout is giving everyone the opportunity to hear and compare the character of the originals. We recorded 11...

Joram
replies: 51 views: 19,965
Joram 1 day ago

I was very skeptical and then totally surprised. This Micro is visually an insult to the eye for my taste. Red with cheap...

poldolino
replies: 0 views: 163
poldolino 1 day ago

So who else is using this sweet mic? What sources are you using it on? Today my professor and I mic'ed up a cello and we had...

audiostout
replies: 890 views: 205,386
mutetourettes 3 days ago

Here's a sneak preview of my next U47 Style microphone shoot out! :cowbell: Can you tell which one is the Stam Audio SA-47 and...

roughgear
replies: 46 views: 4,206
joshuanaconda 4 days ago

I had the pleasure to test and compare four beautiful microphones: The new GOLDEN AGE PREMIER GA-47, the new WARM AUDIO WA-47...

roughgear
replies: 30 views: 8,401
Snapchat2314715 6 days ago

A bit of an unfair fight? Maybe. You get to be the judge. stike Here’s how I did the test: I took a song that I had...

norman_nomad
replies: 597 views: 321,436
Snapchat2314715 6 days ago

Hey I have a small bedroom and we have been working on some pre production stuff in our spare time and we used a James Mic on the...

Kumbari
replies: 1 views: 2,127
aewon 6 days ago

Hi folks! This is a blind test. The contenders are (in random order): D.W. Fearn...

bewareofdogs
replies: 40 views: 20,656
Jeanluc00007 1 week ago

I know there are a ton of these, but I did one for myself to compare anyway, so why not share the files here? Sometimes I work...

JSchlomo
replies: 23 views: 1,564
JSchlomo 1 week ago

I put a new song in my music website called "We Need Jason Bourne". During the verse I have amp model #1 on the left...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 305
aaron aardvark 1 week ago

Hardware Reverb Shoot Out! 3 vintage digital units + Bricasti. Same audio loop used with each box: a Roland SH101 synth...

SOLON
replies: 9 views: 1,405
bhandy 1 week ago

Hello everyone, i would like to get a few opinions on the sound of my drum recording. I find that there are so many options,...

dreckdirect
replies: 5 views: 723
Gérald B. 2 weeks ago

Greetings Gearslutz. A few of us Brissie (Qld, Aust) slutz organized a little Neve shootout at Rasta Studios on the Northside of...

anguswoodhead
replies: 32 views: 7,528
Snapchat2314715 2 weeks ago

Biiig female and male vocal shoot-out! Over 60 mics. Vocal-Recording: Uber 60 Mikrofone im Klangvergleich | SOUND &...

zinzin
replies: 5 views: 728

Hey Fellow Gearslutz! One can never have enough mics eh?? heh heh So in true Gearslutz fashion I decided to put SIX mics on...

drBill
replies: 200 views: 113,480

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 22 views: 3,768

So I recently got my hands on a friend's Neumann KM 84 and decided to do a shootout with my Neumann KM 184. Having completed the...

guitarmax_99
replies: 90 views: 24,492

I had a chance to compare a Stam Audio SA-47 and a Flea 47 Vintage on acoustic guitar, drums and vocals. Hopefully this will be...

seawell
replies: 7 views: 440

Well, it's that time again. Everyone couple years when I feel a new bar has been reached for Antelope conversion (and conversion...

Clybourne
replies: 2 views: 806
noize_organizer 2 weeks ago

I did a shootout, nothing really fancy or scientific, but tried to be as accurate as possible. These are the preamps: Warm...

OverTheTop
replies: 64 views: 8,296
Gérald B. 2 weeks ago

Preamp shootout using Roland TR8 and Yamaha Reface CS playing Aphex Twin riff from 'Ageispolis'. Preamps tested: - API...

SOLON
replies: 0 views: 300
SOLON 2 weeks ago

we new here .. kicks door open ... just here to wreck your minds eyes ..RIG Acoustical Engineering Audio Reference Systems is...

Beatlejuice
replies: 0 views: 83
Beatlejuice 2 weeks ago

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 27 views: 3,783
Glenn Bucci 2 weeks ago

The DirtMic-01 is a Superlux D112 modded with a phantom powered, transformer balanced distortion pedal circuit. The resulting mic...

DrAlienSmith
replies: 2 views: 530
DrAlienSmith 3 weeks ago

Hello Slutz, I am posting here some quick comparison files of Andreas Grosser's U47 microphones, Original Vintage 1968 U87, and...

DONNX
replies: 75 views: 33,605
LiveMusicNY 3 weeks ago

I've made a few comparisons of my analog compressors on drums. For all my fellow audio nerds! Featuring: Tubecore 3 U by IGS...

nrehk
replies: 1 views: 411
EvgenyStudio 3 weeks ago

I did a quick test to see which lunchbox sounded better to me: API 500-6B vs Lindell Audio 506. Using an Apollo Quad, I simply...

drumsandcymbals8
replies: 28 views: 6,363
DMFraser 3 weeks ago

Moving this from the tube saturation thread for better organization. These are clips from the Sonic Farm Xcalibur saturation...

Squawk
replies: 6 views: 728
Zed 4 weeks ago

Ronan Chris Murphy did a great review of the Analogue Tube AT-101 (Fairchild 670 recreation) on Ronan's Recording...

ghostwriter
replies: 193 views: 60,768
SWAN808 4 weeks ago

Hello slutz I modified this compressor just for fun.... I added a pair of output transformers I also changed aesthetics a...

PereGrinoz
replies: 24 views: 2,527
LADLS 4 weeks ago

Yo slutz! :¬) I have the Retro Powerstrip here and its blown my mind in terms of sound and compression. Had so much fun using...

b0se
replies: 17 views: 2,252
LiveMusicNY 11th September 2018

Hi everyone, This is the third post of Bits and Volts, a project which goal is to compare digital plugins to analog hardware....

mrmecanique
replies: 3 views: 855
Mho 9th September 2018

All tracks were tracked using B1 and B1D Burl Audio pre-amps. Burl Audio B2 Bomber (B2) vs Digidesign 192 (PT) 96k ...

willyk
replies: 45 views: 9,524
jdurango 9th September 2018

Hey all! I have a few 500 series preamps here on loan. Blind shootout!: Which one tickles your fancy? This was a pretty rough...

Kroc
replies: 5 views: 593
rezident 8th September 2018

I got a stereo set of sE8 small diaphragm condenser microphones and did a test against the Neumann KM184. I'm absolutely amazed...

roughgear
replies: 12 views: 2,554
RominRonin 3rd September 2018

Greetings, Just a short female voice recording comparing the two mics that both are fitted with a k47 capsule type however the...

Don Gatos!
replies: 4 views: 1,062
Don Gatos! 3rd September 2018

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Such A Vow" is the song on top, and "The Time Is Right To" is the next...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 374
aaron aardvark 29th August 2018

It was increasingly difficult to find a test of the Advanced Audio CM47Fet on vocals. There were a lot of AA's tube mic tests out...

MyVoiceandSongs6
replies: 0 views: 428
MyVoiceandSongs6 25th August 2018

Hey guys, I'm doing some research on an gear and our hearing. For this research I made this survey with just 3 tiny...

91sound
replies: 2 views: 403
91sound 24th August 2018

Since this two boards are getting discussed a lot lately, I thought that posting some audio files would have been a good thing...

Ciozzi
replies: 218 views: 76,985
alanhyatt 23rd August 2018

Hi there, I have just made a comparison between the following "1176" units: - my vintage Blackface 1176LN Rev F -...

airmate
replies: 40 views: 23,084
iLCacciLLo 18th August 2018

A fellow gearslut and myself got to do a quick shootout between these two budget Neve preamp clones last weekend. Tom from...

thismercifulfate
replies: 7 views: 5,973
EisaMo 15th August 2018

Hi, First post here heppy I did a sound test between different Akai/Emu hardware samplers and 1 software sampler. Might help...

klonheadd
replies: 2 views: 1,413
Lorenzop 14th August 2018

i have 6 6922 tubes and test it on at4060 what you prefer ? -Electro-Harmonix -JAN Philips NOS...

Gabriel Sousa
replies: 10 views: 2,594
Gabriel Sousa 13th August 2018

ok, nothing scientific. had some time and wanted to know my gear better. so i did some acoustic guitar recordings with all my...

zinzin
replies: 0 views: 399
zinzin 12th August 2018

I recently did a little guitar fingerpicking comparison between the Wooden Blondie and the Violet Design - Finger for personal...

midoban
replies: 7 views: 2,800
zinzin 11th August 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search