The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Gear Shoot-Outs / Sound File Comparisons / Audio Tests

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 332 views: 223,726
Yoski 12th November 2016

Greetings Gearslutz. A few of us Brissie (Qld, Aust) slutz organized a little Neve shootout at Rasta Studios on the Northside of...

anguswoodhead
replies: 31 views: 7,146
anguswoodhead 38 minutes ago

Here are some audio files of the brand new Golden Age Premier PRE-73 Premier (the new premium line of Golden Age) in comparison...

roughgear
replies: 5 views: 1,009
MCReef 3 hours ago

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 19 views: 1,461
JSchlomo 4 hours ago

Hello everyone, i would like to get a few opinions on the sound of my drum recording. I find that there are so many options,...

dreckdirect
replies: 3 views: 375
dreckdirect 1 day ago

Hello there! I'm Daniel and a student working on his bachelor thesis regarding the relevance of analog compressors these days....

SAEstudent
replies: 1 views: 306
Synth Guru 4 days ago

This a shootout of a mix. I did of one of my tracks. One is the Mytek x8 and the other is the Qes pad 2. I was going into the...

spektor
replies: 3 views: 414
deuc647 4 days ago

Biiig female and male vocal shoot-out! Over 60 mics. Vocal-Recording: Uber 60 Mikrofone im Klangvergleich | SOUND &...

zinzin
replies: 0 views: 265
zinzin 5 days ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,632 views: 234,746
didier.brest 1 week ago

Here's a sneak preview of my next U47 Style microphone shoot out! :cowbell: Can you tell which one is the Stam Audio SA-47 and...

roughgear
replies: 22 views: 1,181
MarcNuman 1 week ago

Alright guys, you know I love the A/B's. And not just strapping a processor across a 2-bus and calling it a day. What we have...

Taurean
replies: 9 views: 1,119
LifeWhyz 1 week ago

Hey guys, So I recently got an Allen & Heath GL2200 for analog summing. 32 channels with 4-band EQ. I thought I'd do a...

88Keys444
replies: 2 views: 548
bbooth87 1 week ago

Westlake Studios in LA did a shootout last week with the SE RNR1, Royer 122, AEA 44, and Coles(not sure of the model) on drums,...

TristanRhodes
replies: 35 views: 11,315
apsaramuse 1 week ago

I recently grabbed an SPX-2000 and tested out the Rev-X verbs tonight. I am not aware of any shootouts with it, so here it is...

eugtone
replies: 20 views: 817
Swurveman 1 week ago

I did a shootout, nothing really fancy or scientific, but tried to be as accurate as possible. These are the preamps: Warm...

OverTheTop
replies: 56 views: 7,058
nashvegas 1 week ago

Hey there, I could be blind but I'm suprised there hasn't been a forum already for this. Any opinions or shootouts done...

mmcginnni
replies: 3 views: 395
davehall6162 1 week ago

I got a stereo set of sE8 small diaphragm condenser microphones and did a test against the Neumann KM184. I'm absolutely amazed...

roughgear
replies: 11 views: 823
luisdent 1 week ago

Hardware Reverb Shoot Out! 3 vintage digital units + Bricasti. Same audio loop used with each box: a Roland SH101 synth...

SOLON
replies: 5 views: 870
Reptil 1 week ago

This is a complement to a previous shootout with 6 cardio SDC pairs. Same Chopin nocturne, same piano, same room, same mics...

didier.brest
replies: 193 views: 36,666
littledog 1 week ago

Just a quick video showcasing the difference in sound. I realize I could have made soundclips, but I wanted the visual to go with...

bisszerk
replies: 0 views: 271
bisszerk 1 week ago

I know there are a ton of these, but I did one for myself to compare anyway, so why not share the files here? Sometimes I work...

JSchlomo
replies: 21 views: 1,180
JSchlomo 2 weeks ago

I put a new song in my music website called "Fortify Your Faith". One brand of amp model is used during all of the...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 391
aaron aardvark 2 weeks ago

Hello Gearslutz community! Just as the title says this is a shootout between the Warm Audio WA-87 vs Zenpro's Modded WA-87. So...

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 37 views: 5,919
Quint 2 weeks ago

VOVOX sonorus direct 8 cables vs PROEL with neutrik connectors XLR(DIY) 8 cables. CHAIN-one computer DAW Pro Tools-DA...

angel72bg
replies: 1 views: 525
Mirzoyan 3 weeks ago

Hi folks! This is a blind test. The contenders are (in random order): D.W. Fearn...

bewareofdogs
replies: 39 views: 20,228
Tanio 3 weeks ago

Hello gearslutz, I currently have an apogee symphony I/O mk1 with 18in/22outs analog and I am looking into the symphony I/O...

SJackson
replies: 0 views: 342
SJackson 3 weeks ago

I had a member ask about my Chandler Zener Limiter that was modded with Carnhill/St. Ives transformers. So here are some...

ghostwriter
replies: 0 views: 341
ghostwriter 3 weeks ago

First test is some "vocalizing" into both mics. Please note this is not a performance, just a quick and dirty test. I...

monkeyxx
replies: 0 views: 365
monkeyxx 4 weeks ago

Hello! I've recently finished the experiment dedicated to sound propagation. I wanted to see how the frequency response...

Mysticman
replies: 2 views: 596
Mysticman 13th June 2018

Alright guys here we go. Here is the vocal clips comparing the c800g and the c100. A few notes: All clips were recorded...

Krush411
replies: 5 views: 2,334
chronmaster 7th June 2018

Ronan Chris Murphy did a great review of the Analogue Tube AT-101 (Fairchild 670 recreation) on Ronan's Recording...

ghostwriter
replies: 192 views: 58,943
eugtone 7th June 2018

We tested the new Warm Audio WA-87 microphone vs an original Neumann U87 (not AI...) on drums, acoustic guitar, grand piano and...

warhead
replies: 60 views: 29,145
TheShadowV 6th June 2018

Hey guys, recently i bought some dynamic mics and since i've never done it, i thought id throw all of them at my DW Edge...

Pliplo
replies: 9 views: 3,270
Nu-tra 2nd June 2018

I have been hearing a lot about the red 3. I use the slate pluginn and love what it does, but I wonder if the hardware is even...

nyandres
replies: 38 views: 11,575
littlesicily 1st June 2018

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Watch Out For Us" (listen for the tremelo effect guitar) is on top, and "I...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 355
aaron aardvark 30th May 2018

Coil Audio - V-Piano Processing and (live) Cajon Samples Sharing examples. (2) CA-286 with Telefunken solid silver plate EF86...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 15 views: 1,059
coilaudio 28th May 2018

So, We were tracking some drums for a sample session, and I figured, we've got an arsenal of microphones here, and for the sample...

ryanojohn
replies: 10 views: 5,151
Hecker 28th May 2018

Hey slutz, at the moment I have both units in my studio. I 've enclosed the original songfile and 2 different settings for each...

Starstreet
replies: 20 views: 8,298
kid.dom. 27th May 2018

Since this two boards are getting discussed a lot lately, I thought that posting some audio files would have been a good thing...

Ciozzi
replies: 216 views: 75,451
DR Music 27th May 2018

Edit: February 2012 I removed the esnips and megaupload links that dis not not work any longer. New download link for raw...

didier.brest
replies: 160 views: 34,099
Saturations 26th May 2018

This is a blind shootout between these ten preamps: CAPI VP26 API 512c CAPI VP28 AEA RPQ500 Antelope MP32 Phoenix DRS-1R Vintech...

davidbayles
replies: 113 views: 13,186
schtim 21st May 2018

I did a quick test to see which lunchbox sounded better to me: API 500-6B vs Lindell Audio 506. Using an Apollo Quad, I simply...

drumsandcymbals8
replies: 25 views: 5,797
DMFraser 19th May 2018

Juggling both at the moment. Which would you go with? Limited time, vote quick! confoosed

satisfaction2009
replies: 18 views: 2,964
DavidChampoux 18th May 2018

I'm looking to replace a Korg D888 eight multitrack that I use to record songs and jam sessions. Afterwards I transfer the files...

sculptair
replies: 0 views: 450
sculptair 17th May 2018

I posted a shootout no one wanted to hear, deleted it.

GibsonLesPaul
replies: 5 views: 1,275
raindog_ca 17th May 2018

This compressor is absolutely awesome in great price :) 4 compressors in one and I can easily match settings and get sound with...

SuchyRNRStudio
replies: 30 views: 6,276
Philbop 16th May 2018

So I recently got my hands on a friend's Neumann KM 84 and decided to do a shootout with my Neumann KM 184. Having completed the...

guitarmax_99
replies: 87 views: 23,090
Biosynth 15th May 2018

What? A test of the following three cheap and one not-so-cheap monitors: Mackie CR4 (103 €) M-Audio AV42 (119 €) ...

johannburkard
replies: 0 views: 486
johannburkard 15th May 2018

This is an audio test video to show how the DrAlienSmith Subkick-02 works on a kick drum. The Subkick-02 by DrAlienSmith, Full...

DrAlienSmith
replies: 0 views: 436
DrAlienSmith 11th May 2018

Hi there! Here's a shootout that i did yesterday. I'm looking for a new vocal mic and after a long research ended up with these...

Annalogatta
replies: 3 views: 2,338
miscend 8th May 2018

Hello slutz I modified this compressor just for fun.... I added a pair of output transformers I also changed aesthetics a...

PereGrinoz
replies: 23 views: 1,864
louis1 5th May 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search