The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Gear Shoot-Outs / Sound File Comparisons / Audio Tests

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,515
Views: 2,515
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 332 views: 221,079
Yoski 12th November 2016

I had the pleasure to test and compare four beautiful microphones: The new GOLDEN AGE PREMIER GA-47, the new WARM AUDIO WA-47...

roughgear
replies: 23 views: 3,174
Lance Lawson 7 hours ago

Hi all! Long time reader, but first post here. We've made a drum demo for the lovely RM-6 ribbon mics by Bumblebee Pro...

Dezoeteinval
replies: 1 views: 401
Dana_T. 3 days ago

Hi, Tomorrow I want to make a good comparison between these SSL emulation plugins: 1. UAD SSL G Series Bus Compressor 2. SSL...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 114 views: 83,823
TNM 4 days ago

this is blind test which is Apogee do you think? former or latter I will let you know a few days later

bluesj
replies: 2 views: 339
bluesj 4 days ago

This is a complement to a previous shootout with 6 cardio SDC pairs. Same Chopin nocturne, same piano, same room, same mics...

didier.brest
replies: 188 views: 35,987
captainate 5 days ago

Alright guys here we go. Here is the vocal clips comparing the c800g and the c100. A few notes: All clips were recorded...

Krush411
replies: 3 views: 638
pritchardsmith 6 days ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,625 views: 228,991
capn357 1 week ago

Hi all! As part of my university dissertation project, I've designed and built a microphone preamplifier. After a lot of...

tglsnell
replies: 0 views: 226
tglsnell 1 week ago

A fellow gearslut and myself got to do a quick shootout between these two budget Neve preamp clones last weekend. Tom from...

thismercifulfate
replies: 5 views: 870
bbtodd 1 week ago

Here is another shootout of 5 AD converters: - Acousence arfi-adc2 - Direct Out Andiamo - Lake People ADC RS04 - Lavry Gold...

Adebar
replies: 47 views: 4,700
evilaci 1 week ago

Hello, I don't post often here on Gearslutz, probably because there's already so much to read!:lol: But... a blind test it's...

Alteregoxxx
replies: 3 views: 346
Alteregoxxx 1 week ago

Hello, I have modified the internal preamplifier of a Superlux S502 and perhaps, will test it later with a non modified...

Jean30
replies: 50 views: 18,836
rojaros 1 week ago

I did a shootout, nothing really fancy or scientific, but tried to be as accurate as possible. These are the preamps: Warm...

OverTheTop
replies: 55 views: 6,502
SWAN808 2 weeks ago

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 346 views: 80,242
robertom 2 weeks ago

Just dropping a few things in this thread for those who are curious about Hilo vs Lyra. The Lyra is confirmed to be a stripped...

nms
replies: 17 views: 13,394
nms 2 weeks ago

Been testing CD vs Tidal vs Qobuz. Both Tidal and Qobuz are their Hi-Fi packages meaning 16 bit 44.1kHz audio streaming (and...

Zac Zikis
replies: 21 views: 6,652
Nicky2981 2 weeks ago

I put two songs in my music website: "Portal to Heaven" is the song on top, and "Out of Control (with...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 280
aaron aardvark 2 weeks ago

I'm getting ready to start a new project... Mostly just acoustic and vox. Right now I'm in the phase of deciding what gear to use...

Shannon Adkins
replies: 2 views: 725
bill5 2 weeks ago

Hi guys. Two mics, two preamps, several different impedance settings. Without knowing what they are, which do you like best...

Kroc
replies: 1 views: 426
bill5 2 weeks ago

Hello slutzers! Just four years of work and new microphones are ready to work for you! Listen and compare. However, there is...

Elationmiclab
replies: 0 views: 281
Elationmiclab 3 weeks ago

Hey there, I've been asked about the differences between the RNP and the DAV bg501 so I decided to do a quasi-scientific...

low_z
replies: 31 views: 5,387
kass 3 weeks ago

Hello slutz I modified this compressor just for fun.... I added a pair of output transformers I also changed aesthetics a...

PereGrinoz
replies: 20 views: 1,344
louis1 3 weeks ago

We tested the new Warm Audio WA-87 microphone vs an original Neumann U87 (not AI...) on drums, acoustic guitar, grand piano and...

warhead
replies: 59 views: 26,291
12ax7 3 weeks ago

Demo to show the sound of the High Voltage EQ-6S Stereo Equalizer on a Breakbeat / Drums. YouTube High Voltage is a...

SOLON
replies: 0 views: 317
SOLON 3 weeks ago

In this shootout I compare a pair of Urei LA-3A compressors on compress mode to a variety of plugin emulations. The Ureis are...

eugtone
replies: 15 views: 2,806
contramark 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, I did a quick Dolby 361A shootout: Hardware, Dopamine and Audiothing. My conclusion..one emulation sounds good the...

fenixdoido
replies: 31 views: 2,415
Taurean 3 weeks ago

Hey All, Here's a comparison between the Royer 121 and my ultimate mod U-MOD O.P.R The Grill that a customer sent to me the...

OPR
replies: 0 views: 340
OPR 4 weeks ago

sOm1iAfjNRs can you guess which one is which?

sl4zhz
replies: 7 views: 741
sl4zhz 4 weeks ago

This is a blind shootout between these ten preamps: CAPI VP26 API 512c CAPI VP28 AEA RPQ500 Antelope MP32 Phoenix DRS-1R Vintech...

davidbayles
replies: 108 views: 12,276
davidbayles 4 weeks ago

With all the new reverbs out lately time for a little shoot out. Simple test. One aux send instance on the drum bus. About 30ms...

Beatworld
replies: 31 views: 4,587
Master of Evil 4 weeks ago

Which would you get for vocals?

TOFMD
replies: 1 views: 270
Manicearthling 4 weeks ago

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 20 views: 2,967
bgood 19th March 2018

Hi, First post here heppy I did a sound test between different Akai/Emu hardware samplers and 1 software sampler. Might help...

klonheadd
replies: 1 views: 402
Thomaz 18th March 2018

Hey all! I have a few 500 series preamps here on loan. Blind shootout!: Which one tickles your fancy? This was a pretty rough...

Kroc
replies: 4 views: 365
Kroc 16th March 2018

I have the Slate Digital VMS and Townsend Labs Sphere mics right now and have recorded myself singing bits of songs into both at...

emCar
replies: 35 views: 7,820
JGM 14th March 2018

I posted a shootout no one wanted to hear, deleted it.

GibsonLesPaul
replies: 4 views: 1,054
ilias 11th March 2018

Hardware Reverb Shoot Out! 3 vintage digital units + Bricasti. Same audio loop used with each box: a Roland SH101 synth...

SOLON
replies: 4 views: 651
Noisewagon 11th March 2018

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Now It Rings True" is the song on top, and "For You Know What to Do"...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 309
aaron aardvark 10th March 2018

Hello. Just picked up a rode nt2a and a blue baby bottle from a local pawn shop for $200 for the pair. i already had the neumann...

s12512
replies: 0 views: 372
s12512 8th March 2018

Hardware convolution is not dead. It is underrated. There are only two available units, that exist: The Sony DRE-S777 and the...

Starstreet
replies: 17 views: 12,747
swissdoc 7th March 2018

4 pre amps Burl Audio B1 Burl Audio B1D API 512c Brent Averill 312 all going through the Burl Audio B2 A-D Converter, then...

willyk
replies: 7 views: 9,534
ripripstabstab 7th March 2018

I’m the owner of a Superlux S502 for several months and the quality of the results, whatever the recording conditions and style...

Alr31
replies: 21 views: 14,938
IronFilm 7th March 2018

Hello Guys im not a an electrical person im actually a musician . i have a SE2200aii . OF the Rip i thought this mic Okay but i...

skayshawty
replies: 0 views: 234
skayshawty 6th March 2018

Hey all, I've picked up some new microphones lately and had a bit of free time this afternoon so I made two quick sample...

RKelly
replies: 3 views: 896
HelenaBzg 6th March 2018

Ronan Chris Murphy did a great review of the Analogue Tube AT-101 (Fairchild 670 recreation) on Ronan's Recording...

ghostwriter
replies: 183 views: 56,801
b0se 1st March 2018

Hey All, I decided to make some samples of what the JHS Pedals Colour Box 500 Preamp/EQ can do on a piar of ribbon room mics....

Mike Avenaim
replies: 7 views: 1,274
Jsolo 27th February 2018

This test compares the new IK Black76 and White2A vs a hardware Teletronix LA-2A (original) and hardware UA 1176 (reissue) on...

Steven Slate
replies: 88 views: 36,937
waltercruz 25th February 2018

Hi guys! Here is an unboxing I did of my new Genelec 8020D. It's the new revision from 2017. So far so good rockout Feel...

Mike_knobgeekz
replies: 3 views: 1,739
Macky 24th February 2018

Hello Slutz, I am posting here some quick comparison files of Andreas Grosser's U47 microphones, Original Vintage 1968 U87, and...

DONNX
replies: 74 views: 32,583
MarcNuman 22nd February 2018

I recently purchased a Midas Venice F32 and put it through some testing. I wasn't getting in depth, just wanted to get a bit of...

jcoutu1
replies: 35 views: 11,948
jcoutu1 21st February 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search