The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 229,514
Absolute 29th September 2018

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,723 views: 257,250
sumskilz 13 hours ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 23 views: 1,030
Progmatic-Studios 22 hours ago

Hello all! This is my first Gearslutz post, though I've been a reader for ages. My mics: For my radio & podcast studio...

ctcwired
replies: 0 views: 265
ctcwired 1 day ago

So, this is not a real Shootout. Just some files to show you the different character of these two fantastic...

cracki
replies: 5 views: 1,685
cracki 2 days ago

My new microphone shootout goes live tomorrow morning at 11AM. Advanced Audio CM48T Advanced Audio CM49 Flexible Audio FleA...

TheShadowV
replies: 0 views: 163
TheShadowV 2 days ago

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 40 views: 7,082
JSchlomo 4 days ago

I've got a Steinberg MR816X since yesterday. On this evening I recorded a quick comparison with the RME Fireface 400. Two...

didier.brest
replies: 39 views: 37,771
sirthought 5 days ago

Here's a sneak preview of my next U47 Style microphone shoot out! :cowbell: Can you tell which one is the Stam Audio SA-47 and...

roughgear
replies: 50 views: 6,770
monkeyxx 6 days ago

I did a quick test to see which lunchbox sounded better to me: API 500-6B vs Lindell Audio 506. Using an Apollo Quad, I simply...

drumsandcymbals8
replies: 30 views: 6,937
Slogun 1 week ago

Hey slutz, at the moment I have both units in my studio. I 've enclosed the original songfile and 2 different settings for each...

Starstreet
replies: 25 views: 8,916
Danielbest1 1 week ago

Hey all, I've been using the AROUSOR a lot recently for various projects in my studio and decided to make some samples and...

Mike Avenaim
replies: 3 views: 1,410
TonStrom 1 week ago

The new Tung-Sol tubes get a lot of praise all over the internet. Still, I decided to try a pair of vintage tubes in the EQP-WA...

RGx2
replies: 6 views: 1,924
PrichA 1 week ago

Not sure if software comparisons is supposed to be posted in this subforum. Are there any shootouts or comparisons for...

theMuzzl3
replies: 0 views: 287
theMuzzl3 1 week ago
replies: 2 views: 326
Zangiamit91 1 week ago

I just modified the input internal preamplifier and I feel sound is better, noise level is 3dB lower, less distorsion, very...

Jean30
replies: 59 views: 11,789
Jean30 2 weeks ago

I know there are a ton of these, but I did one for myself to compare anyway, so why not share the files here? Sometimes I work...

JSchlomo
replies: 24 views: 2,057
JSchlomo 2 weeks ago

Hi all, Always wondered if cables make some real difference in sound, so i tested 4 of them: Mogami Gold, Silver, Whirlwind...

Danielbest1
replies: 4 views: 539
Danielbest1 2 weeks ago

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Something For Nothing" is the song on top, and "They Want to Believe" is...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 314
aaron aardvark 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone! Next week I'm getting a hardware SSL G Bus compressor. It will be an X-Rack Module verison within MYNX...

Shade108
replies: 37 views: 9,437
TRSC 2 weeks ago

We tested the new Warm Audio WA-87 microphone vs an original Neumann U87 (not AI...) on drums, acoustic guitar, grand piano and...

warhead
replies: 68 views: 36,662
cdkelly 2 weeks ago

Here's the comparison between Focusrite RED Compressor Outboard vs Plugins!! I'm trying to find out how different hardware and...

sttae
replies: 1 views: 593
sttae 2 weeks ago

EDIT: The secret has been revealed! The preamps are revealed on page 3. heh (NOTE - Before the big "reveal", the...

-=DanAtkinson=-
replies: 745 views: 133,960
bpr103 2 weeks ago

* THIS IS MONO. cause I have only one LA-2A... This video is about LA-2A Compressor Outboards vs Plugins. UA LA-2A Compressor, ...

sttae
replies: 0 views: 371
sttae 2 weeks ago

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 348 views: 83,068
didier.brest 3 weeks ago

Edit: February 2012 I removed the esnips and megaupload links that dis not not work any longer. New download link for raw...

didier.brest
replies: 161 views: 34,858
Lucas_G 3 weeks ago

Manley Reference Gold Stereo ----> DAV BG1 -----> FF400 2 Brauner Valvet ------> Fearn VT-2 -------> FF400 Mics...

didier.brest
replies: 32 views: 17,455
Lucas_G 3 weeks ago

Here attached two takes, recorded one week apart, with a Brauner Valvet pair and a Neumann M149 pair. All other factors...

didier.brest
replies: 97 views: 31,556
Lucas_G 3 weeks ago

Hi, after experimenting a lot with the cheap T-Bone Ribbon Mics, and liking what they do, I purchased a pair of Coles 4038....

JohP
replies: 2 views: 529
maiv 3 weeks ago

This is a complement to a previous shootout with 6 cardio SDC pairs. Same Chopin nocturne, same piano, same room, same mics...

didier.brest
replies: 197 views: 38,073
Lucas_G 3 weeks ago

I recently conducted a shootout between a Neumann KM 184 and a Schoeps CMC6 (with an MK4 cardioid capsule). The source was my...

guitarmax_99
replies: 23 views: 7,344
Lucas_G 3 weeks ago

Happy holidays everyone, i came across this recording a while back and id like to get your opinions on how to achieve this...

dreckdirect
replies: 2 views: 347
dreckdirect 3 weeks ago

Here are some files. There are 3 loopback copies, 3 masters and the original mix. They were printed three ways. Pure2 only. ...

Clybourne
replies: 215 views: 20,471
[email protected] 4 weeks ago

I did a shootout, nothing really fancy or scientific, but tried to be as accurate as possible. These are the preamps: Warm...

OverTheTop
replies: 70 views: 9,686
dion 4 weeks ago

I have the Slate Digital VMS and Townsend Labs Sphere mics right now and have recorded myself singing bits of songs into both at...

emCar
replies: 39 views: 12,786
tim.beneton 4 weeks ago

I've seen many ask for it, so I decided to create a simple quick test with subsequent files for anyone to download. Each sample...

gatiii
replies: 52 views: 9,419
Highphi 15th December 2018

SSL G Comp, Smart Research C2, SSL Native Plugin, Slate FG-grey, Waves, UAD. Setting up plugins as close as possible to the...

sttae
replies: 5 views: 551
sttae 15th December 2018

Russ takes a look at the Universal Audio UAD Neve 1073 plug-in, which features as part of the Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ...

imaginaryday
replies: 39 views: 29,890
AdamJay 13th December 2018

I recently was trying to decide between a few different mics, and went with the Roswell Delphos. Really great mic! I recorded my...

djanthonyw
replies: 0 views: 432
djanthonyw 13th December 2018

MASELEC MLA4(single band) vs SSL Bus MYNX with the same...

angel72bg
replies: 1 views: 924
angel72bg 8th December 2018

found this website, with lots of mic-pres tests Claes' testrecordings - the microphone section this test is for the...

space2012
replies: 1 views: 2,074
Voivodinevampyr 4th December 2018

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Attack of the Zombies!" is the song on top, and "Everything You Do Effects...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 399
aaron aardvark 3rd December 2018

This is damn near impossible to get 100 percent accurate and I know that. There are too many variables. For instance VMR is much...

Dallon426
replies: 1 views: 478
Dallon426 21st November 2018

Sharing some 'Ivory' based recordings that feature various Ivory Pianos and Presets.... Synthogy Ivory II - American Concert...

In The Mix
replies: 16 views: 889
Tui 21st November 2018

Setting up plugins as close as possible to the sound of the Outboard. All the video clips in the Compressor Comparison...

sttae
replies: 0 views: 427
sttae 20th November 2018

Hello everyone, i would like to get a few opinions on the sound of my drum recording. I find that there are so many options,...

dreckdirect
replies: 6 views: 1,072
johannburkard 14th November 2018

Down below, be blunt :) https://soundcloud.com/witherfly/floatingembers11-08

Skywolfen
replies: 1 views: 709
Johnny Rico 13th November 2018

I had a chance to compare a Stam Audio SA-47 and a Flea 47 Vintage on acoustic guitar, drums and vocals. Hopefully this will be...

seawell
replies: 12 views: 1,418
seawell 12th November 2018

This video features the Main Classical preset from Embertone Walker 1955 9 foot Steinway Concert D Grand Piano...

In The Mix
replies: 0 views: 545
In The Mix 9th November 2018

Alright guys, you know I love the A/B's. And not just strapping a processor across a 2-bus and calling it a day. What we have...

Taurean
replies: 10 views: 2,123
outcast_arm 7th November 2018

Here's the comparison between Elysia Mpressor vs PA Mpressor Plugin!! I'm trying to find out how different hardware and software...

sttae
replies: 0 views: 489
sttae 5th November 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search