The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 334 views: 257,182
soufis 15th January 2021

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 2,244 views: 378,243
TJ99 1 day ago

I am attempting to compile a comprehensive comparison of all emulations and clones of the original Roland Dimension D SDD-320...

btfnk
replies: 29 views: 3,939
Danielbest1 2 days ago

This shoot out is based on Didier Brest's test...

xav
replies: 0 views: 116
xav 2 days ago

I just did quick blind test between the two EQ plugins Empirical Labs BIG FrEQ and ddmf IIEQPro. Tweaks are made by ears. To make...

poshook
replies: 8 views: 1,466
Zuewi 3 days ago

Here attached two takes, recorded one week apart, with a Brauner Valvet pair and a Neumann M149 pair. All other factors...

didier.brest
replies: 104 views: 35,335
Honkermann 4 days ago

Each take is with the same mic placement, beside the tail end, 1.4 m above the floor, 19 cm AB steered to the pianist. The mics...

didier.brest
replies: 369 views: 95,744
madethisforpm 5 days ago

Sorry to put up a new thread but there seemed to be some wandering topics in that other one. Anyways THIS is a REAL test of what...

johnscalia
replies: 253 views: 137,895
Grwon 5 days ago

Comparison of the Motu M4 interface converters/preamps with a Universal Audio Apollo 16 mkII and an Apollo Twin...

wellshuxley
replies: 0 views: 155
wellshuxley 6 days ago

Acustica Audio has teamed with renowned engineer Dave Pensado and created a custom Pensado EQ. Inspired by the Sontec 432 eq...

swartzfeger
replies: 48 views: 8,387
swartzfeger 6 days ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 336 views: 33,920
msp13everlasting 6 days ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 398 views: 42,771
Petrakov 1 week ago

Alright, here is the followup to my quite popular thread SSL Bus Comp Shootout (SSL X-Rack, Stam SA-4000+, Duende, Slate, Waves,...

JSchlomo
replies: 39 views: 1,744
Petrakov 1 week ago

Dual tracked Josephson C725 and Heiserman H47 Tube All @ -6dB peak, downloadable 96-32FP WAV 1st two: Mics > (2) Hendyamps...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 1 views: 242
David Rick 1 week ago

After browsing online and searching for various microphone comparison sources on distorted guitar I decided to do a test of...

vicariousrecordi
replies: 0 views: 114
vicariousrecordi 1 week ago

You tell me... This was done in front of my computer with my air vents adding some lovely resonance. Three different...

Johnkenn
replies: 202 views: 82,723
MelOdeus 1 week ago

I've spent the last couple of days doing this big summing test and reckoned this might be of interest for...

mig27
replies: 25 views: 4,794
Arseny 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I finally sorted out all the files for the "blind" test between a vintage 1960's U48 (which is a U47...

baslotto
replies: 2 views: 248
Danielbest1 1 week ago

Here you have the first files VOXORAMA FET tube / call it whatever you want right is VF14 EF/...

carloff
replies: 42 views: 22,880
YRLK 2 weeks ago

I have had the Royer 122's for some time now. One had to go into the shop for a re-ribbon so I thought I'd try out some Rode...

piano
replies: 34 views: 8,429
piano 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone, Short time lurker, first time poster. I'm relatively new to the world of mastering. Been interning with Matthew...

Phillip Dempster
replies: 230 views: 26,431
Jerry Tubb 2 weeks ago

Clean Vocal Compression - Channel Strip Optical vs Unisum Plug-in Downloadable 96-24 WAV Raw Vocal - Josephson C725 > Coil...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 0 views: 189
StevenLMorgan 2 weeks ago

Hi all! Found this channel, a great job comparing HW vs...

Danielbest1
replies: 1 views: 212
thethrillfactor 2 weeks ago

Raw Female Vocal Capture - Dual-mics Johanna - So Will I Downloadable 96-24 WAVs Josephson C725 > Coil Audio 70 > Pueblo...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 0 views: 188
StevenLMorgan 2 weeks ago

Big Update: 28/10/19 Added: 1) CraveEQ (analogue mode) 2) DMG Equilibrium (analogue FIR w/long impulse) 3) TDR Slick M...

b0se
replies: 250 views: 25,837
31090291 3 weeks ago

I just recorded myself singing the chorus of "You are not alone" by Michael Jackson... Using my AKG C414 Xlii and my...

MarcusNeeraas
replies: 2 views: 1,171
DaWhole9 3 weeks ago

I recently conducted a shootout between a Neumann KM 184 and a Schoeps CMC6 (with an MK4 cardioid capsule). The source was my...

guitarmax_99
replies: 25 views: 11,668
Pchicago 3 weeks ago

Here's a converter test I just did. Compared a Lynx Hilo (TB), a Tascam DA-3000, and a Prism Dream AD-2. Signal Flow: Otari...

burns46824
replies: 99 views: 16,907
DAH 3 weeks ago

Clipper Shootout 2020 Do all clippers sound the same? Do clippers change the tonal balance of a mix? Let's find...

Simon Morrison
replies: 33 views: 3,110
Simon Morrison 3 weeks ago

My dearest perverted Slutz, I actually was more than decided to buy a MOTU M4. But after watching this blind shootout, i ended...

graf
replies: 13 views: 791
graf 3 weeks ago

Hello All, I recently picked up the new master stereo set offered by Telefunken on the new SDC FET series the M60's, I had a...

Jagalle47
replies: 8 views: 1,927
YRLK 3 weeks ago

This is a complement to a previous shootout with 6 cardio SDC pairs. Same Chopin nocturne, same piano, same room, same mics...

didier.brest
replies: 210 views: 43,894
mirkoc 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, We did a comparison between SSL Sigma and Neve 8816. The setup is Antelope Orion32 --> SSL/Neve We summed a...

Mite
replies: 8 views: 8,733
Germanfunk 4 weeks ago

I was curious how the "dynamic speaker modeling" of the UA OX Box compared to the "dynamic speaker responses"...

CaptainHook
replies: 0 views: 214
CaptainHook 4 weeks ago

I put 2 songs in my music website: "The Expectation" is the song on top: Jeremy Cubert (who has collaborated with Yes...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 239
aaron aardvark 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone! I recently learned about the Presonus Quantum 4848. Love the feature set, it's perfect for my studio where I have...

saoul
replies: 3 views: 329
RightOnRome 4 weeks ago

Hi all, As a long-time analog tape user I have been intrigued with the release this year of popular tape sims by Waves and UAD,...

Trakworx
replies: 358 views: 68,305
fromthepuggle 4 weeks ago

Juggling both at the moment. Which would you go with? Limited time, vote quick! confoosed

satisfaction2009
replies: 23 views: 11,176
ashmundo 23rd January 2021

I did a quick test to see which lunchbox sounded better to me: API 500-6B vs Lindell Audio 506. Using an Apollo Quad, I simply...

drumsandcymbals8
replies: 33 views: 11,232
Walshy 21st January 2021

There has been a lot of discussion on here lately about 500 series racks since a power supply is a vital component in audio...

James7800
replies: 6 views: 926
Weezon 20th January 2021

I posted this in the Amplitube 5 thread but figured it should have its own here too. No other processing, just amp+impulse...

machinated
replies: 0 views: 324
machinated 20th January 2021

***UPDATE*** Not yet saying which is which, but the 3 mics heard in this shootout are: Telefunken AR51 Neumann TLM 49 Neumann...

halcyo
replies: 39 views: 1,029
halcyo 18th January 2021

I put 2 songs on my music website: "Way More To Me" is the song on top, and "Guitar Wail in E minor" is the...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 273
aaron aardvark 15th January 2021

So I had fun with this. I recorded a pretty "to a tee" version of The Beatles "I Call Your Name." Well...

Hamburg58
replies: 16 views: 4,817
nat8808 12th January 2021

Hey guys. Me being one of the guys thats tired of hearing that Waves plugins sound plastic and most software doesn't come close...

M2E
replies: 25 views: 4,834
nat8808 12th January 2021

Thanks to "mpr3" here is a short test to see which one you can pick out. We have the original Hardware, Waves...

M2E
replies: 52 views: 16,159
jams3223 12th January 2021

Hi there! I've made a blind test with my Igs Audio Tubecore Vari-mu Compressor to better understand the color of it when it's...

nrehk
replies: 6 views: 2,402
jontornblom 11th January 2021

A bit of an unfair fight? Maybe. You get to be the judge. stike Here’s how I did the test: I took a song that I had...

norman_nomad
replies: 605 views: 348,921
didier.brest 10th January 2021

I did a quick shootout yesterday: six condenser mics on acoustic guitar. All mics in cardioid pattern No pads or filters...

Pete Cage
replies: 11 views: 733
Pete Cage 9th January 2021

Ronan Chris Murphy did a great review of the Analogue Tube AT-101 (Fairchild 670 recreation) on Ronan's Recording...

ghostwriter
replies: 205 views: 78,817
Dirk Churlish 6th January 2021

Aloha, So I tried my best with this. I tried to match the levels and spacing. Used my Audient ID22 and itʻs preamps. I have a...

Bradahman
replies: 26 views: 2,026
P-pangdrums 5th January 2021

Moderators