The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

MP3's are on post #211 on this thread! Mike's singing into a Pearlman TM-1 with CineMag/EF14 Mics: Male vocal = Pearlman TM-1...

James Lugo
replies: 333 views: 244,704
Absolute 29th September 2018

Here are some files. There are 3 loopback copies, 3 masters and the original mix. They were printed three ways. Pure2 only. ...

Clybourne
replies: 226 views: 23,990
ericreid 59 minutes ago

I put two songs in my music website: "Sanctity", which is the song on top, and "Are You There?" is the next...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 603
rbc 19 hours ago

Big Update: 28/10/19 Added: 1) CraveEQ (analogue mode) 2) DMG Equilibrium (analogue FIR w/long impulse) 3) TDR Slick M...

b0se
replies: 169 views: 10,892
M_Music 22 hours ago

Results are in, voting is closed: A is hardware. B is the plugin. ****Check later in the thread for more comparisons,...

Animus
replies: 333 views: 65,544
JimmyBoyZ 1 day ago

I just ran a rough mix out and back in- I used BAC500 on snare/kick/bass/vocals/sax/piano. Used Beez Neez James and...

asagaai
replies: 8 views: 2,013
Ox Han 2 days ago

Hello All, I recently picked up the new master stereo set offered by Telefunken on the new SDC FET series the M60's, I had a...

Jagalle47
replies: 5 views: 504
Jagalle47 6 days ago

Just got a Vanguard V13 in the house this past week, and decided to shoot it out against the three mics that have done most of...

nightchef
replies: 2 views: 501
James Lehmann 6 days ago

Hi, I have put together a rough blind test of three vst Reverb plugins and am interested to hear your thoughts on these. The...

dickiefunk
replies: 18 views: 1,718
Nick Morris 1 week ago

I got a stereo set of sE8 small diaphragm condenser microphones and did a test against the Neumann KM184. I'm absolutely amazed...

roughgear
replies: 15 views: 11,288
gmathis 1 week ago

Update 24/04/19: Added AA Titanium 3 and reset play counters. Shuffled numbers again bar 1 and 3 since they have been commented...

b0se
replies: 206 views: 17,724
blaugruen7 1 week ago

This compressor is absolutely awesome in great price :) 4 compressors in one and I can easily match settings and get sound with...

SuchyRNRStudio
replies: 35 views: 10,078
Ox Han 1 week ago

I took the debate and talk about the release of brainworx's new "bx_console SSL 4000 E" as reason to shoot it out...

JSchlomo
replies: 66 views: 22,151
Guitarist9891 1 week ago

Acustica Audio has teamed with renowned engineer Dave Pensado and created a custom Pensado EQ. Inspired by the Sontec 432 eq...

swartzfeger
replies: 37 views: 3,018
swartzfeger 2 weeks ago

Found this test, remembered today: Lavry Gold AD122-96MKIII vs. Apogee AD-16x here in gearsluts: WEISS ADC2 or LAVRY...

space2012
replies: 16 views: 12,403
JimmyBoyZ 2 weeks ago

Here attached two takes, recorded one week apart, with a Brauner Valvet pair and a Neumann M149 pair. All other factors...

didier.brest
replies: 99 views: 33,120
neve1064 2 weeks ago

Here is another shootout of 5 AD converters: - Acousence arfi-adc2 - Direct Out Andiamo - Lake People ADC RS04 - Lavry Gold...

Adebar
replies: 63 views: 9,049
DAH 2 weeks ago

I evaluated the AD-DA loops from Prism Orpheus and Mytek proposed in this post . I used only the symphonic clip that you can get...

didier.brest
replies: 1,863 views: 302,365
blayz2002 2 weeks ago

What up everyone! I recently added the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor to my inventory of gear, so of course I wanted to see...

TheDawg
replies: 6 views: 5,047
ywshuo 2 weeks ago

Here is a comparison of 4 tube mics on a male vocalist. No compression or EQ was used. A little reverb was added by request from...

rob61
replies: 0 views: 362
rob61 2 weeks ago

Hey all, I used my modded Rode NT2 into my Steinberg U44 interface to do three back to back short recordings of the same jazz...

Juanathan
replies: 30 views: 8,261
dickiefunk 2 weeks ago

Here is a wurst mic shootout I made. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/VdnUYvnU2fY

drumfool
replies: 0 views: 839
drumfool 3 weeks ago

Hello Slutz, I just received a Sanken CU44X and have recorded some drums with it. Position is 1,2m over the floortom, pointed...

da burf
replies: 2 views: 2,223
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

I compared 3 different tube mics on acoustic guitar. The Heiserman H47tube, the U-67 (with Neumann BV-12 transformer), and a...

rob61
replies: 1 views: 849
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Sorry, double post. Moderator please delete.

rob61
replies: 0 views: 754
rob61 3 weeks ago

This is the followup to my original shootout which can be found here: Another SSL Comp shootout - sorry, no SSL involved...

JSchlomo
replies: 222 views: 19,979
JSchlomo 3 weeks ago

The vocals in this song were created by one of two ways. I either sampled Dave Gahan's vocals, and manipulated them with...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 369
aaron aardvark 3 weeks ago

By "popular demand," here are some samples of the Roland TB-3 together with boost pedals. You'll hear: Foxpedal...

johannburkard
replies: 0 views: 610
johannburkard 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Here I share a shootout I made in my own studio, I wanted to compare the stock preamps and converters of -...

rubenmarcano
replies: 6 views: 2,085
Vasily111 3 weeks ago

I had the pleasure to test and compare four beautiful microphones: The new GOLDEN AGE PREMIER GA-47, the new WARM AUDIO WA-47...

roughgear
replies: 33 views: 21,214
nukmusic 4 weeks ago

Hello, This is a shoutout of the two rebadged Alctron HRM-15 ribbon microphones recorded thru a DAV BG1 and a RME. Same take,...

xav
replies: 9 views: 7,679
Keating 4 weeks ago

Tell me what you are hear .Test power cables.VOVOX initio vs normal store cable. 3 power cables are change for my NSEQ 4,BAX...

angel72bg
replies: 11 views: 1,641
Conundra 4 weeks ago

Here's a shoot-out of the various Wurlitzer Virtual Instruments or sample sets in my possession playing some classic riffs....

Funkybot
replies: 30 views: 6,854
Funkybot 4 weeks ago

please delete I will post new one

Thavma
replies: 0 views: 332
Thavma 9th January 2020

Did this quick on overheads at fairly extreme settings to see the real difference between the two. Quick explanation: I was...

sam guaiana
replies: 1 views: 475
MikeTSH 9th January 2020

I just modified the input internal preamplifier and I feel sound is better, noise level is 3dB lower, less distorsion, very...

Jean30
replies: 77 views: 15,114
Jean30 8th January 2020

Here's a small test on one of my beats. There's not much EQ on the beat, just basic levels and pan. On the 2 Bus: SSL Fusion...

Deleted b90f8c9
replies: 87 views: 6,446
illsoulprod 7th January 2020

Some speakers hardly hiss. Most active speakers I've tried hiss enough that it's annoying. Personal experience from most hiss...

stevenswall
replies: 0 views: 345
stevenswall 6th January 2020

Here are some samples of the Stretch on the 2 bus, wanted to share. 5 tracks: Original, then through circuit (Input), then 3...

JamesTinney
replies: 3 views: 2,226
drainyoo 30th December 2019

I did this video, where you can hear an 808 drum loop processed with LTL Silver Bullet "N" and comparing 30 vst plugins...

Thavma
replies: 6 views: 903
mglide 30th December 2019

I have the Slate Digital VMS and Townsend Labs Sphere mics right now and have recorded myself singing bits of songs into both at...

emCar
replies: 40 views: 16,204
elephantpants 29th December 2019

Stam Audio SA-2A Optical Compressor TRANSFORMER SWAP: UTC HA-100X and UTC A-24 BLIND TESTS - HAVE YOUR SAY!!!!! Swapped out...

musicartist
replies: 27 views: 5,119
NickAnanas 26th December 2019

Hello, a while back I managed to score an old TC Helicon Harmony G-XT for about $50 on OfferUp, and now I’m looking to get a...

TheRedScarecrow
replies: 0 views: 479
TheRedScarecrow 26th December 2019

Hello Slutz, I am posting here some quick comparison files of Andreas Grosser's U47 microphones, Original Vintage 1968 U87, and...

DONNX
replies: 76 views: 36,012
Kidgray 20th December 2019

Neumann U67 RI Raw Female Vocal & 0 - 10 dB Compression Johanna Bush - King Of Kings All files matched to -6 dB peak 1 - 67...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 3 views: 734
Danielbest1 18th December 2019

I put 2 songs in my music website: "Exodus Through Egypt" (guitars are during the chorus) is the song on top, and...

aaron aardvark
replies: 1 views: 354
aaron aardvark 14th December 2019

Want to participate? Download the .wav file in the attachments, run it through your limiter(s) at +10 dB gain and post the...

johannburkard
replies: 151 views: 11,533
kvintvs 13th December 2019

Here is a track I wrote, played on, recorded, mixed but now at the mastering stage and testing dual mono vs stereo processing. ...

cap217
replies: 1 views: 957
Heartfelt 10th December 2019

Alright guys here we go. Here is the vocal clips comparing the c800g and the c100. A few notes: All clips were recorded...

Krush411
replies: 6 views: 9,413
Man_O_Music 7th December 2019

Heya slutz, I was lucky enough to get my hands on the newest 500 series compressor from JLM Audio, the FC500. It's a FET...

bent sounds
replies: 10 views: 6,878
LMNproyect 7th December 2019

Hello Everyone! I'm a researcher currently studying for a PhD in the field of Psychoacoustics within the Applied...

Andrew Parker
replies: 0 views: 384
Andrew Parker 1st December 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search