The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pacifica vs Ventura
Old 9th April 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Pacifica vs Ventura

Does anyone know how the Pacifica compares to the Ventura? I'm torn between one of the two and don't have the means of testing them. My sweetwater rep was under the impression the Ventura is a one channel Pacifica with an EQ but I've heard their sound differs slightly. Any insight?
Old 9th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The sound does differ slightly. The Ventura is a tad more colored IMO. I own and love both. I usually always go to my Pacifica for my vocals and acoustic guitars. But I am LOVING the Ventura on bass and gtrs. The EQ sounds great. With bass I can get a really fat and punchy initial tone with the EQ. Not to mention the DI is super clean and pristine. If you don't need the extra channel, than I recommend the Ventura. That EQ is definitely worth it. But, I use both often and think it's really a win/win for ya.
Old 5th May 2015 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclerico12 View Post
The sound does differ slightly. The Ventura is a tad more colored IMO. I own and love both. I usually always go to my Pacifica for my vocals and acoustic guitars. But I am LOVING the Ventura on bass and gtrs. The EQ sounds great. With bass I can get a really fat and punchy initial tone with the EQ. Not to mention the DI is super clean and pristine. If you don't need the extra channel, than I recommend the Ventura. That EQ is definitely worth it. But, I use both often and think it's really a win/win for ya.
"more colored" usually means "more deviation from absolute neutrality. But in what way does it deviate? Frequency response deviation? Different distortion spectrum and level? Micro-detail and resolution?

Any chance of posting a male voice recording through both the Pacifica and the Ventura with everything else in the chain unchanged?
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
pretty sure it's the same mic pre in both units - one is a single channel strip one is just a dual pre
i have both...pre's in both sound the same to my ears...

Last edited by mbvoxx; 2nd December 2015 at 04:12 AM..
📝 Reply