The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MXL Genesis (hear it here) Condenser Microphones
Old 24th February 2011
PDC
Lives for gear

Kind of hard to tell what the mics will do in that room, eh?
Old 5th March 2011
Lives for gear

Hey, your thread caught my eye 'cause I just sold my Genesis. theproduca was being an ass all over this, so I just wanted to pop in and say that I enjoyed the song quite a bit. Simple structure and a nice, rolling rhythm.
Genesis might not be the best on her voice (as you said), but the guitar sounds good to me.
Old 6th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenW View Post
Hey, your thread caught my eye 'cause I just sold my Genesis. theproduca was being an ass all over this, so I just wanted to pop in and say that I enjoyed the song quite a bit. Simple structure and a nice, rolling rhythm.
Genesis might not be the best on her voice (as you said), but the guitar sounds good to me.
Thanks man. cool. Yeah it's a simple song. It's supposed to be. In the future when I record her voice, I won't use the Genesis. It's just too dark and it doesn't really do justice to her voice. I do like it for my vocals. At least I'll say that it'll get me by for now. I'm sure there are better mics out there, but I don't regret buying it.

Thanks for posting
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Hey, thanks for this thread. It's so nice to see someone post ACTUAL sound clips of a mic, so that people trying to make buying decisions can make them. I'm also trying to decide between the MXL Genesis and the V69 Mogami, and the information for or against that I could find on the Internet was sadly lacking.

Props to you for putting your stuff out there for others to benefit from.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheftel View Post
Hey, thanks for this thread. It's so nice to see someone post ACTUAL sound clips of a mic, so that people trying to make buying decisions can make them. I'm also trying to decide between the MXL Genesis and the V69 Mogami, and the information for or against that I could find on the Internet was sadly lacking.

Props to you for putting your stuff out there for others to benefit from.
Absolutely happy to do it man. Glad someone found it useful. Actually an impressive mic to try for about half the money of the Genesis is the new Blue Spark. I haven't recorded any samples with it yet but its a pretty sexy sounding mic for $200. Much more open and bright than Genesis with a really cool silky top end that doesn't get as biting as most of the cheap mics I've had my hands on. If you get a chance try one before you decide.

Sent from my Droid using Gearslutz.com App

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search