The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Duende X-Verb Lexicon inspired? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

With Lexicon M300 there is not much comparison with X-verb to my ears - it sounds better all the way - more lush, more obvious, doesn't change the tonality of the source, despite surrounding it with so much reverb. I hate it when plug-in reverbs make the source sound duller / muddier than it is dry...

The tweaked X-verb sounded better than the PCM70 to me on the first impression...

What about that other reverb thread you started? Any further hints, I am curious...
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

After playing around in a full mix with X-Verb, I think I'm gonna pass. It makes stuff crowded quickly and does dull the original source like the above poster noticed. Too bad. I find this with most of the current reverb offerings. I'll give the next version a try as its so close to being great, but its just not working in a mix for me currently.
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

There is a huge difference

I have both the pcm96 and x-verb, pcm96 playes in another division, but x- verb is nice in its own way but far from pcm96
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

I also updated to V3 this weekend and tested X-Verb on drums and vocals, this is the lushest and most brilliant software reverb I've ever heard, especialy the Ultra Plate. You do have to tweak the presets a bit (pre delay, density, LPF, HPF) to match your sound.

All my other reverbs (Aether, ArtsAcousic, Breverb) sounded dull in comparison. SIR2 with impulses from Acouticas M300, L480 and Bricasti sounded even duller.

The plates compare very nicely with those in my Sony DPS-V77! Brilliant and attached to the sound. Nice alternative for mid-priced hardware reverbs.

Peter.
Old 30th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisse Hult View Post
I have both the pcm96 and x-verb, pcm96 playes in another division, but x- verb is nice in its own way but far from pcm96
I thought the same thing until Martin gave me a few pointers on tweaking X-Verb, then I spent some real time getting to understand it, and now I REALLY like it. As I've said several times on GS, I'd be happy with either X-Verb or a PCM96. Definitely competitive.
Old 2nd December 2009
SEB
Lives for gear

Elambo,

would you like to share some of these pointers? I also feel that the X-verb is a very nice reverb and I use it as much as the Bricasti, Eos and the UAD 250, but it would be nice to have more ideas during the tweaking.
Old 2nd December 2009
SEB
Lives for gear

double post..
Old 3rd December 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB View Post
Elambo,

would you like to share some of these pointers? I also feel that the X-verb is a very nice reverb and I use it as much as the Bricasti, Eos and the UAD 250, but it would be nice to have more ideas during the tweaking.

I agree........ share please elambo.

Kind regards
Old 3rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I thought the same thing until Martin gave me a few pointers on tweaking X-Verb, then I spent some real time getting to understand it, and now I REALLY like it. As I've said several times on GS, I'd be happy with either X-Verb or a PCM96. Definitely competitive.
I think if NS gave you personal tutelage on tweaking the PCM96 you might laugh at X-verb. I certainly wasn't so blown away with what I've heard from it...the PCM96 has some real magic in there. This is just a smooth modern reverb and sounds nothing like the pcm70.

The plugin we want to hear from Warp69 is the virtual 480L which we've seen screenshots of. That I don't think will be tied to hardware.
Old 5th February 2010
bee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryman View Post
I agree........ share please elambo.

Kind regards

Some tips would be great.
Old 5th February 2010
Lives for gear

Rhythminmind: REALLY impressed with your tiled room Pcm70 preset but can't seem to download it. Any chance you could post it again?

Cheers.
Old 7th February 2010
Here for the gear

It would be lovely to have some presets....
Old 8th February 2010
Lives for gear

Obviously the X-verb DOES come with quite an extensive collection of presets - I just really like Rhythinminds's Tiled Verb

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search