The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mic Shootout BeesNeez / Wagner / Neumann
Old 2nd February 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerock View Post
"
and i have stated the internet versions are in the same order !
my feeling then- as it is now it that all microphones presented to me were sounding in the same ball park sonically .
Ha ha yeah...GREAT POST!!
Very well put...the whole lot of it
They do sound sonically in the same ball park as the Neumanns...I heard that straight way, I have been amazed how many people get hung up on the details...all mics in that test sounded very similiar to my ears.
Now put a Chinese capsule mic in there, and you will hear it...or you need to make an appointment with your doctor and have ear wax removed!

Quote:
bens mics didnt have the feeling of "aesetic substance" to me .. read "they look kinda underdone cosmetically " so i will not be lining up to buy one ,
if that changes then yeah sure i would tell anyone that asks they are great.
I agree on the cosmetics thing on Bens mics too!!...they look a bit generic,
I've always said appearance is a really BIG thing!!
So with a nice shell they could be such an incredible package!!
I think Ben is right onto this tho, but maybe doesn't want to push the price up too much. Still the Chinese make some amazing looking shells (they are good at that part of it LOL!!)

Quote:
i would like to see him and any mic maker to show me 7 mics from a production run that sound the same as each other and stay that way ! .
with or without a set of specs attached - that is the hard part
Yes this is the main point that "audio ergo sum" made that I agree with.
But I have heard a few Jades and James now and they did sound the same...but I didn't really scrutinize them heavily.
As far as staying that way...I hope they do..I love mine!!
Last time I listened they sounded great too...so heres hoping!

Quote:
if its fair for telefunken usa , and peluso and the rest of the crew to heavily market using this forum through dealers and clients posting their views .. why not this brand ?
Exactly...everyone markets on the internet and through forums etc...
By some of these people saying "Just Don't market on the Internet...and The whole shootout is a fraud..etc...etc..
All this makes me very suspicious.."Who are these people?"
Starts to have the feeling of a "witch hunt" to me

Quote:
By the way Mr audio ergo sum and friends
i really hate talking to people who feel they dont have to use their real name while they are attacking people who are using their real name
especially if the guy attacking is talking about "playing with the big boys"
hiding your real name it is a sure sign of ...
Exactly...you are eager to challenge Ben...you know who he is!!
Now be kind enough to say who you are...other than an avatar!
Cheers
Astro

Astro
Old 2nd February 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMc View Post
Maybe Mr. Sneesby is just taking a well deserved break after all of this excitement...

...we find out during this one that the Wagner U47w that sounded like crap, really wasn't a proper U47w at all. Again, that has been cleared up to everyone's satisfaction, it appears, but it caused bad feelings, without question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
bens account has been changed so he can only view this thread...nothing else.

His access to the rest of the forum was suspended pending an important correction that needed to be made in the description list of mics in the shoot-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by futur2 View Post
it's really nonsense to ban ben from his thread.
See above, he wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mics View Post
Hi All, i think that i was just grounded to here for a few days until things settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
i dont get it.

do we have any contract on gearslutz that says you have to do a shootout in any special way before posting?

HELL, NO!!!
Well... listing the mic's in the shoot-out correctly would be most helpful. Or not?

Quote:
...i also offered him another "real wagner u47w" but he had to wait two hours because it was being used on a session in one of my other rooms......

just so we are really clear I AM THE GUY WHO TOLD EVERYBODY THAT THE WAGNER MIC USED WAS NOT A U47W AND THEREFORE CAUSED ALL THIS CRAP..

...sure ben could have done this whole thing a bit better , i think he understands that
let it go ..
Yeah time to let it go..

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search