The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Peavey 5150, API, SM57, Lavry AD10...
Old 23rd November 2008
Lives for gear

Peavey 5150, API, SM57, Lavry AD10...

Hello guys,

Just to share.
just did a quick test of my new converters (Lavry AD-10) during a rehearsal of my band :
DOWNLOAD HERE

This was really quick, done in 5 minutes, we used my 5150, the guitar was an ESP Horizon with EMG pickups. We added a Maxon 808 as a "boost".
The cab was a vintage cab with G12H50 speakers in it, they sound really smooth !! I really like them as an alternative to V30s.

Mic pre was an API 512 going into the Lavry. I don't think the 57 was on the best spot, I just throwed it on the edge of the dustcap

For those interested, same setup but different guitar : BC Rich with passive X2N pickups :
DOWNLOAD HERE
I don't really like DiMarzio for modern rythm tones.

Don't take care to the tuning or playing.
Old 24th November 2008
Lives for gear

anyone ?
Old 24th November 2008
tdr
Gear Head

I prefer the one with the ESP.

About that Lavry, do you think it is an obvious improvement from what you used before? What did you use before?

My next upgrade will probably be converters, so I am interested in your findings.
Old 24th November 2008
Lives for gear

Yeah it's definitely an improvement for me. I used Apogee Rosetta and MOTU HD converters and the Lavry sounds definitely better, incredible dynamics, lots of air and bottom, but no hype in any frequency.
I used to use Apogee Rosetta and MOTU HD converters and I have to say they are pretty good but the Lavry is better, really 3D sounding.
Old 24th November 2008
tdr
Gear Head

Cool, good for you then! Have you tried the different sound varieties the AD 10 offers? I like the idea of having several options, but I dislike that those are only available for higher sample rates...right now, I am restricted to SPDIF connections and the digital input on my Imac, guess I could then not take advantage of those options.
Old 24th November 2008
Lives for gear

I didn't try those options for the moment, but I mess with it a bit tomorrow, I can post some samples if you want
Old 24th November 2008
tdr
Gear Head

Sure, do so if you have the time, I think other people will be interested to hear the emulations as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search