The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lynx Aurora 16 vs Behringer ADA8000
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Addict

I have both units and there is no question to my ears that the Lynx Aurora outperforms the ADA8000. The ADA8000 is great for a tight budget but does not have the depth or punch of the Lynx Aurora. Different ballgames.
Old 29th July 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuemes View Post
I have both units and there is no question to my ears that the Lynx Aurora outperforms the ADA8000. The ADA8000 is great for a tight budget but does not have the depth or punch of the Lynx Aurora. Different ballgames.
I don't think converters should have punch or depth. Perhaps audiophile converters, because they are for entertainment not critical listening. Converters are a bit over in the snake oil realm because the highest rated ones are cheap. I get free samples of high end converters sent to me all the time to try out in test boards. The build of the analog components, the power supply, and the reliability factor is what makes the cheaper converters unprofessional.

Cheap knobs and switches tend to fail over time, so do cheap usb and XLR cables.

Behringer beat Lynx in this example because it was a blind test. Coat hangers have beaten $1,000 audio cables in blind tests before. I know that my $60 cables have been more reliable than my $10 cables over time. I will have to wait see how these Monoprice cables fare against my 16 year old Hosa cables that are still going strong.
📝 Reply