The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
fathead II thru biz for heavy guitar clip
Old 12th January 2008
Gear Maniac

fathead II thru biz for heavy guitar clip

just recently got a lunch box with a purple audio biz and a cascade fathead II microphone! pretty stoked to have new toys so of course i had to play with them, this is just a short clip so you can hear what it sounds like (i know alot of people are interested in using fatheads in place of royers along with a good pre) both left and right have the same settings, epiphone les paul classic into a peavy transtube supreme halfstack, fathead II ---> purple audio biz ---> onyx400f ---> cubase with a very very slight amount of compression from one of the vst's it comes with other wise no eq or anything like that, the drums are just some random sample i found.

FileFactory.com - free file hosting
Old 12th January 2008
Lives for gear

cool, congrats on the new stuff

It has a great smoothness to it...the next clip on my player was Nevermore DEad Heart, which is a sound that I love...in comparison it seems as though you could use more sizzle with another mic to supplement that cool fathead

When I play leads however, this mic may do the trick in evening out my "squeal-iness problem"- so thanks for the upload

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search