The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ITB vs. OTB FINALLY A COMPARISON Studio Monitors
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
Hey, I'll post here since someone else asked me who mixed 'Special' too...
Tom Lord-Alge. One of the only mixes I've heard 'raw' that didn't change in level or eq after mastering. The other mixer like this is Mark Endert -- so good.

As far as the guitars and bass on 'Special' that's me. That song was a demo recording done on the Roland 1680 in our apartment in LA! Crazy. Guitars were POD and sansamp pedal...crazy again.
The only thing NOT recorded on the 1680 were the drums...PT. Having Tom Lord-Alge mix covers a multitude of sins.heh
thumbsup

Tim Pierce's got nothin on you! Nice job!
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks man.
Old 26th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Ok, so here we go. I did the absolute best I could trying to make an ITB rock mix sound right to me.
One of these mixes is mixed stemmed out 12 channels to my Midas via Radar24 converters, using my outboard -- eq, compression...TG1, La3a, C1 on mix buss etc. Back to 2 channels of Radar24.

The other, is mixed completely in PT, coming out spdif 2 channels, through 2 Radar24 DA converters, clocked via Radar24, into 2 channels of Midas through TG1 and C1 back to Radar24 converters.

Both have some Massey limiter afterwards. These are just 25 second clips.

Which do you like better??? And which is which???

This is an old thread - but I was curious how was this tracked (preamps & other gear)

Thanks
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joho View Post
This is an old thread - but I was curious how was this tracked (preamps & other gear)

Thanks
Hi joho,
I have no idea how it was tracked either. All I did was the mixing.
Old 26th November 2009
Quote:
Ok, so here we go. I did the absolute best I could trying to make an ITB rock mix sound right to me.
One of these mixes is mixed stemmed out 12 channels to my Midas via Radar24 converters, using my outboard -- eq, compression...TG1, La3a, C1 on mix buss etc. Back to 2 channels of Radar24.

The other, is mixed completely in PT, coming out spdif 2 channels, through 2 Radar24 DA converters, clocked via Radar24, into 2 channels of Midas through TG1 and C1 back to Radar24 converters.

Both have some Massey limiter afterwards. These are just 25 second clips.

Which do you like better??? And which is which???
Please, sorry, there is no any files now, can anybody reupload them?
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear
The interesting thing is that neither mix was ITB as both went through the midas!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search