The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio Zen Tour (NOT Synergy Core) vs UAD Apollo x4
Old 2nd March 2020
Here for the gear

Antelope Audio Zen Tour (NOT Synergy Core) vs UAD Apollo x4

Hi folks, thanks for reading. This is my first post

I'm in the market for a new recording interface (previously was using an Edirol FA-101) and have narrowed it down to an Antelope Audio Zen Tour or an Apollo X4.

As of now, Antelope Audio has refurbished Zen Tours on sale for $1095 which includes their complete library of plugins as well as 1-yr warranty. (See Below)

https://en.antelopeaudio.com/classic...special-offer/

Am I right that the Zen Tour sounds like a great value compared to the upcoming Zen Tour Synergy Core (which is almost 2x the price), particularly when one considers that the old Zen Tour comes with AA's complete plugin library?

on the GS forums, I've read alot about lack of software support for older AA products, hence why I'm also considering the Apollo X4. I like the idea of multiple inputs to record jam sessions with friends . Have always used VST's and plugins in cubase, but am intrigued at how AA and UAD use plugins in conjunction with their interfaces, especially the emulated preamps for mics and the guitar effects. I'd love to see how Autotune works with the Apollo X4 for live performances (especially if my kid starts singing into it

Type of projects: hiphop, electronic, synth pop, jazz/soul (with vocals and horns), jam sessions with two to four friends

As far as my elements go:

-Cubase SX 3 (lol, yes old!!) but have recently ordered Cubase 10 Pro
-Lenovo Thinkpad (2015) - core i7-4600U @2.1 ghz, 8GB Ram
-Cyberpower Gaming PC - Core i7-8700K @3.7ghz, 16gb Ram, Geforce RTX 2080
-Shure SM7B
-Presonus Pretube for the SM7B, but recently ordered Cloud Lifter
-MPC 2500
-Moog Subphatty
-Roland Fantom XR
- Prophet 08 PE Rack
- CG Conn Trumpet, Yamaha YFH-610 Flugelhorn
- PRS SE Guitar and Line 6 Pod XT
- recording space is in a living area with high 10 foot celings, and some wood flooring interspersed with rugs. Probably not ideal for recording per se, but conducive to jam sessions (and fostering interest in music in my toddler and baby).

If you've taken the time to read this, thanks alot!

-Ron

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search