The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Old RME fireface uc vs new one ..
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Old RME fireface uc vs new one ..

Hey guys...
first, English is not my native language.. So excuse me for the grammar
I’m using RME fireface UC for long time ..

And thought to buy new audio interface ..
I searched here , and I feel more confused..

My problem with the fireface uc is the latency..
I’m producing EDM music with Cubase 10.5 on Mac OSX , and using a lot of vsti for layerings... My main problem with the fireface uc is the latency ,
My buffer size is 512 , and I have 14 ms latency.. when I tried to use 256 or below I’m having issues..
(I know that I can export some of channels to audio but I’m still want better audio interface that can handle with this)

I can invest around 3k$ for new audio interface .. And thought maybe to buy UAD Apollo x6\x8.. or RME firface ufx ..

Witch one is better for me and my problem, and if you have another advice I will be happy !
Thanks !
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hello,

I can't answer your question but you might be interested in this test of transparency of DAD loopback conversion where there are numerous interfaces, especially the Firefaces 400, 800, UCX, UFX, UFX+. The Fireface UC is missing. Please could you do this test ? It's quite simple:

- download the test 2 x 44 kHz x 24 bit wav file (31 MB),
- cable link 2 DAC outputs to 2 ADC inputs (avoid through mic preamp inputs on the front panel less transparent than the line inputs on the back panel ),
- play back the test file to the DAC outputs and record from the ADC inputs,
- upload to mediafire or any other file sharing site the 2 x 44 kHz x 24 bit wav file from this recording and
- provide the download link here.

That's it. Thanks in anticipation.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search