The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yet Another bx SSL E vs Waves
Old 27th November 2019
Yet Another bx SSL E vs Waves

Did this quick on overheads at fairly extreme settings to see the real difference between the two.

Quick explanation: I was demoing bx_console SSL E to see if it's worth the sale price of admission. I shot it out on overheads recorded in my studio with KM84s through Avedis MA5s with 15db at 8k and 10db at 200hz. I matched it with the Waves SSL E at the same settings, and then filtered through all 72 channels of the bx_console till I found the closest one to the Waves. I level matched and adjusted the amount of EQ by a few points of a dB in different directions till they sounded basically the same to my ears. But I'm genuinely curious if anyone can pick out the difference between two algos 10+ years apart.

Lemme know your thoughts!
Attached Files

SSL TEST 1.wav (4.12 MB, 116 views)

SSL TEST 2.wav (4.12 MB, 107 views)

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

SSL is test 2, no? (listening through the built in speaker on my work computer so by no means the ideal but that high end sounds familiar).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search