The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sontec 432: Acustica vs Nebula vs T-Racks vs Magpha
Old 8th January 2020
  #151
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
Hi bose. Could you pm me the results please.
Old 9th January 2020
  #152
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Hi bose. Could you pm me the results please.
Check PM :¬)
Old 9th January 2020
  #153
Here for the gear
 

Hey bose,
Thanks for this nice comparison!!!
PM results please!
Old 9th January 2020
  #154
Lives for gear
 

Does this shootout with the AlexB S-432 use his latest Gold Edition ?
Old 9th January 2020
  #155
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArimaTribe View Post
Hey bose,
Thanks for this nice comparison!!!
PM results please!
Sent, and you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Does this shootout with the AlexB S-432 use his latest Gold Edition ?
Nope, this was a few months ago. I've heard the new Gold stuff, it still has the AA/N4 haze over it that fuzzes transients, so I'm not interested in updating it for this test.
Old 9th January 2020
  #156
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Nope, this was a few months ago. I've heard the new Gold stuff, it still has the AA/N4 haze over it that fuzzes transients, so I'm not interested in updating it for this test.
Not in my own A/B test [HOFA]. I did have to change N4 Default setting though, to 11
Old 9th January 2020
  #157
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Not in my own A/B test [HOFA]. I did have to change N4 Default setting though, to 11
What setting is this?
Old 9th January 2020
  #158
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
What setting is this?
for many of AlexB's Libraries:

<OFREQD> 11 </OFREQD>

with this settings, looking at PlugDoc HArmonics page, you will see a drastic 'cleanup' of the harmonics.

This is probably what we were hearing as an issue.

With that ... S-432 GE has replaced Scarlet-4 in several HOFA A/B Blind tests I've done.
Old 9th January 2020
  #159
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
for many of AlexB's Libraries:

<OFREQD> 11 </OFREQD>

with this settings, looking at PlugDoc HArmonics page, you will see a drastic 'cleanup' of the harmonics.

This is probably what we were hearing as an issue.

With that ... S-432 GE has replaced Scarlet-4 in several HOFA A/B Blind tests I've done.
Interesting, thanks. Do you email Alex to get the updates?
Old 9th January 2020
  #160
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Interesting, thanks. Do you email Alex to get the updates?
Hi b0se. AlexB had contacted me for specific beta-testing of his 'Mastering' equalizers. [note: prior I was a Silver Customer].

In our Email conversation, he notified/reminded me of AA's change of N4's DEFAULT setting.

I didn't truly appreciate what this setting did.

Secondly ... I have N4 using the new Default setting. This means that I have to make a Custom SetUp for AlexB's libraries [that is not a problem] ...

but it DOES mean that running his libraries with the stock N4 [setting] is not sonically optimal.

learn something new everyday
Old 9th January 2020
  #161
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Hi b0se. AlexB had contacted me for specific beta-testing of his 'Mastering' equalizers. [note: prior I was a Silver Customer].

In our Email conversation, he notified/reminded me of AA's change of N4's DEFAULT setting.

I didn't truly appreciate what this setting did.

Secondly ... I have N4 using the new Default setting. This means that I have to make a Custom SetUp for AlexB's libraries [that is not a problem] ...

but it DOES mean that running his libraries with the stock N4 [setting] is not sonically optimal.

learn something new everyday
Emailed him, will try with the 11 setting, cheers
Old 10th January 2020
  #162
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
It does indeed measure much better:



Will do some blind testing tomorrow :¬)
Old 10th January 2020
  #163
Here for the gear
 
muratengin's Avatar
Could you pm me the results please? Thank you.
Old 11th January 2020
  #164
Gear Maniac
 
Digital Crush's Avatar
Could u display results please . Thank u
Old 11th January 2020
  #165
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by muratengin View Post
Could you pm me the results please? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Crush View Post
Could u display results please . Thank u
Check PM.
Old 20th January 2020
  #166
Gear Nut
pm please
Old 30th January 2020
  #167
Gear Nut
 
anaudiopro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Check PM.
PM please
Old 31st January 2020
  #168
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChayaFFM View Post
pm please

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaudiopro View Post
PM please
Sent.
Old 9th February 2020
  #169
Lives for gear
 
M Albazy's Avatar
A > d > c > b
Old 16th February 2020
  #170
Could you pm me the results please. Thanks!
Old 17th February 2020
  #171
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Music View Post
Could you pm me the results please. Thanks!
Done.
Old 24th February 2020
  #172
Here for the gear
 

Could you pm me the results please. Thanks!
Old 24th February 2020
  #173
Lives for gear
 
M Albazy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
A > d > c > b
PM please.
Old 24th February 2020
  #174
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fors View Post
Could you pm me the results please. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
PM please.
Incoming.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #175
Here for the gear
 

Please PM! Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #176
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyosha View Post
Please PM! Thanks.
Check your PM.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #177
Gear Addict
Can you PM results?
Interesting test!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #178
Lives for gear
 
Taurean's Avatar
I'm impressed actually with how these sound more similar than different!
I think from what I hear and feel, especially with the dynamism of the low end and punch, I like D and G best - I think.

I await your PM sir.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #179
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
Can you PM results?
Interesting test!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
I'm impressed actually with how these sound more similar than different!
I think from what I hear and feel, especially with the dynamism of the low end and punch, I like D and G best - I think.

I await your PM sir.
Sent :¬)
Old 2 weeks ago
  #180
Here for the gear
 

Interesting, they all sound so similar. I was leaning more towards C. Don't know why lol. Can you please PM the results?

thanks!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump