The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stereo Master Bus vs Dual Mono
Old 29th September 2019
Lives for gear

Stereo Master Bus vs Dual Mono

Here is a track I wrote, played on, recorded, mixed but now at the mastering stage and testing dual mono vs stereo processing. This is all ITB. Can you tell? One day I like one mix and then the next day its different.

I will also throw in the same with some slight <0.5db multi band compression that I use as glue. I wont give my opinons yet on what I hear. These are 320 mp3s. I have also been out of the business for a long time so this is my first real attempt at an all out recording and mix. Studio one pro, waves plug ins. Vocals were KSM32 > ISA one > WA76. All other instruments were KSM32 > ISA one > RNC. Recorded in my basement "studio" with minimal acoustic control and moving blankets. I have since upgraded everything but happy with this quality.

Happy to be back!

What do you think? Stereo v Dual Mono and MB v None. To be clear... 2 have no MB compression, 2 do. 2 are dual mono and 2 are stereo master compression. L2 applied to all to be consistent.
Attached Files

All for You 1.mp3 (8.71 MB, 51 views)

All for You 2.mp3 (8.71 MB, 51 views)

All for You 3.mp3 (8.71 MB, 42 views)

All for You 4.mp3 (8.71 MB, 42 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search