The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Seventh Heaven
Old 27th May 2019
Here for the gear

Seventh Heaven

Hello!

I'm considering getting the Pro version of Seventh Heaven, but I'd really like to hear something specific to help make my choice.

I'd be interested in hearing in more details the first program, that I believe is called Large Hall.

Could someone send these files in a 7H instance with the Large Hall preset and send me the 100% wet sound? Basically allowing me to mix it back with the dry to my taste and comparing and listening closely to what I'm looking for.

And if you feel extra motivated, I wouldn't mind random examples that you think showcase that preset clearly.

Hopefully someone can take some of its precious time to help out!

Thanks!
Adzic

(Btw, I've burnt my free-trial a while ago, so can't use that!)
Attached Files

Dry 2.mp3 (656.1 KB, 365 views)

Dry.mp3 (5.04 MB, 354 views)

Old 28th May 2019
Gear Addict

Very beautiful music, did you mix/record them?.

Daniel.
Old 28th May 2019
Here for the gear

Thank you! But sadly I can't take credit. This is but Michael Giacchino. His music is incredibly dry (compared to most scores), so that and the orchestral nature makes it a perfect test for what I would like to hear in the reverb.

So, no proud owner available to help?
Old 28th May 2019
Gear Addict

There is a demo extension code available here if you want to re-demo the product for a week.
Old 28th May 2019
Gear Addict

An as i understand you can use the same public code again first!

"For iLok authorised demos the published code can be redeemed twice, so if you have only demoed it once then just reuse the same iLok License Manager code."

Share with us the results please

Daniel.
Old 28th May 2019
Here for the gear

Wow thanks, Daniel, didn't know about that. I will check that out, and come back with results!
Old 29th May 2019
Here for the gear

Thank you very much, Matt, the extension code worked fine!

Here are a few samples of what I was playing around with. I've tried not to be too heavy-handed (which can be easy to do with such an elegantly transparent reverb), but I may have dialed in more than I would in a real situation, for the results to be quite obvious. All of those (except Starwars 3) were sent in a bus to the same instance of the 01.Large Hall, barely touched (low passed a little, and a tad of highs damping). All of the source recordings are quite dry and the sound is very "studio-y". The 7H does a wonderful job of bringing a sense of bigger space without muddying anything. The hall is more suggested than heard, but still makes a lot of difference in term of atmosphere, I find.

Starwars 3, I used an instance (01. Large Hall still) as an insert, with a balance tilted towards ERs, in order to try and introduce more distance with the Brass. They are very in-your-face in the dry version, and this helps a lot to bring them further back in the room, without compromising clarity. Adds gravitas.

Awesome plug-in.
Attached Files

StarWars Dry.mp3 (5.21 MB, 271 views)

StarWars Wet.mp3 (5.21 MB, 259 views)

Mahler Dry.mp3 (649.9 KB, 258 views)

Mahler Wet.mp3 (649.9 KB, 257 views)

StarWars 3 Wet.mp3 (2.48 MB, 246 views)

StarWars 2 Dry.mp3 (2.48 MB, 248 views)

StarWars 2 Wet.mp3 (2.48 MB, 249 views)

StarWars 3 Dry.mp3 (818.3 KB, 249 views)

Giacchino Wet.mp3 (5.04 MB, 261 views)

Old 30th May 2019
Gear Addict

Thank you Adzic,

This is weird, but i find the dry files to sound more open and with more space, SH sounds more focused, like it were recorded in a little room (more mono), specially comparing your first "Dry" file with "Giacchino Wet", maybe the lost of highs made the difference.

Best,
Daniel.
Old 28th July 2019
Deleted f944e7a
Bought it a week ago and although I own some awesome uad reverbs, this one certainly gained it's place between all these. But I was wondering, I know there are some bricasti M7 users around... How does it compare (that doesn't mean compete :-) ) to the Bricasti M7? Not for the knowledge of which one sounds better because I really like this sound, but that doesn't keep me from wondering how it compares to the real one. Kind of what to expect, related to Seventh Heaven, if I would buy a Bricasti..
Old 3rd August 2019
Deleted f944e7a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzic View Post
The 7H does a wonderful job of bringing a sense of bigger space without muddying anything. The hall is more suggested than heard, but still makes a lot of difference in term of atmosphere, I find.
I agree on the halls, they are simply brilliant. I'm amazed every time I switch it on. When it's on, it sounds so natural you forget it's there.. untill you switch it off :-)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search