The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pultec HW vs SW - Pulse vs Plugins
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Very interesting to see the varied responses and preferences. #4 strikes me well. Could you send the results please - curious if I have them right?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeamsler View Post
Very interesting to see the varied responses and preferences. #4 strikes me well. Could you send the results please - curious if I have them right?
Sent!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for posting the comparison!
Finally signed up after years of lurking just to find out what is what.
Please send the results, as I am now a new GSlut!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkySoul View Post
Thanks for posting the comparison!
Finally signed up after years of lurking just to find out what is what.
Please send the results, as I am now a new GSlut!
Aloha :¬)

Incoming...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thanks for this! Could you pm the results please? Could you also perhaps explain which acustica’s are modelled after what ? I have a hard time with acustica’s naming. Purple is obviously the Pultec but the other ones, what are they modeled after? Is there a general favorite for mix bus duties amongst the acustica community?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmasset View Post
Thanks for this! Could you pm the results please? Could you also perhaps explain which acustica’s are modelled after what ? I have a hard time with acustica’s naming. Purple is obviously the Pultec but the other ones, what are they modeled after? Is there a general favorite for mix bus duties amongst the acustica community?
Ruby is the Fearn VT-5. Works a treat on both vocals and the mixbus.

Incoming PM
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmasset View Post
From the unofficial acqua master list

Purple is Pultec EQP-1A (two variants, a vintage unit and a modern Warm Audio clone), Pultec EQH-2 (vintage) and Pultec MEQ-5 (two variants)

Sometimes Acquas are hard to suss out because they are modern homebrew/DIY builds inspired by vintage designs.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
From the unofficial acqua master list

Purple is Pultec EQP-1A (two variants, a vintage unit and a modern Warm Audio clone), Pultec EQH-2 (vintage) and Pultec MEQ-5 (two variants)

Sometimes Acquas are hard to suss out because they are modern homebrew/DIY builds inspired by vintage designs.
Thanks man, that’s an awesome list! Yeah I have a love hate relationship with Acustica. Amazing sound but oh so fussy design, website and installation.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi, 1 and 6 are my favorites. Could you PM results?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search