The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope 10M / BLA Micro Clock MK3 Blind Test
View Poll Results: Preference?
CLOCK A
15 Votes - 18.29%
CLOCK B
18 Votes - 21.95%
CLOCK C
49 Votes - 59.76%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th October 2015
JGM
Lives for gear

Old 20th October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
https://youtu.be/ppJy6h0wLqc
I wonder if there's a new clock coming?
Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to hear/see what it is.
here you have.
Attached Thumbnails
Antelope 10M / BLA Micro Clock MK3 Blind Test-imgext.png  
Old 20th October 2015
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_HERALDO View Post
here you have.
Looks interesting!! I wonder how it would fare against BLA's new clock in a more accurate scientific, less contrversial test.
Old 24th October 2015
Here for the gear

So the real question here is do different clocks change the actual sample? How are we perceiving this difference in low and high end presence? Eq couldn't be different or it wouldn't null.
Old 29th October 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44.1khz View Post
What the hell are you talking about?
ask a store holding either clocks if you can get a demo of the gear,compare the analog signal do the digital one after conversion.
see what each converters does to the analog source and you will understand the difference,i know we are on the web,i'm saying it's not a good test,it enters a very subjective factor into it,which do you like
when you a/b you don't do it vs to different versions,you do it vs the unprocessed signal.that way you have a reference and can hear what the compressor or eq did in a/b.it's the same with conversions.
this test and others i've seen can't help,the only way to know for yourself is to ask for a unit or units to demo and do the test in your own studio.
if you don't have a console with an input section and return section that you can just press with one button and hear the before and after,you can split the signal and send one signal directly to your monitor and the other to the converter of choice and then compare between both speakers,if you have a very clean monitor control you can do so with a monitor control,there are some very bad monitor controls out there so i prefer the direct left speaker analog right speaker digital,you can switch sides if you feel that there might be a variation between speakers,do a blind test and tell me if you still don't hear the difference.
i hope i've helped clear that up a bit
Old 11th March 2017
I'd like to thanks the OP for this whole thing. They do sound different. You need the ears, the monitors and the room maybe, to hear the subtleties but it's how it is.

I bought the BLA MK3 which is incredible value. Even just listening to old PT sessions feels so much better. I just wish I didn't have to send it all the way to the U.S. for the upgrade..... It still has a slight edge in some ways "as is" though.

Anyway thanks again, much appreciated and cheers to all the helpful positive, critical folks.

P.S. apologies for arriving so late.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi,

Would you clarify the votes and put the Brand of each clock? That might be usefull for the comunity!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search