The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The bold statement thread!!!!
Old 30th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
20000 posts, long term girlfriend and no shrink in sight is possible.

Old 30th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
My point was...they wouldn't make it TODAY, simply because of their appearance. Back in their time, one's appearance didn't matter.
it already happened and they were successful though, they were way more successful than me or you, that's for sure.
Old 30th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Huh?

Not quite a bold statement: Rob Coates is utterly bereft of any knowledge or insight into social sciences, or history for that matter.

Bold statement: much too many Rob Coates running around, in general. (Rob Coates in the plural sense, of that ilk, mind you)
I don't quite understand your slam. You don't believe that in the 60s, one's talent was more important than if you looked fat, weird, ugly etc.? Or...that today you must look really attractive, be a certain age etc? If you don't understand this, maybe you are the one ignorant of history.
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Not quite a bold statement: Rob Coates is utterly bereft of any knowledge or insight into social sciences, or history for that matter.

Bold statement: much too many Rob Coates running around, in general. (Rob Coates in the plural sense, of that ilk, mind you)
Not at all a bold statement: Some people think an alias is a license to talk sh!t.
Old 31st December 2017
Lives for gear

Here's one: A couple of you don't understand the idea of a BOLD STATEMENT thread
Old 31st December 2017
Lives for gear
I wish I had a dollar for every OP that refused to accept any advice given beyond their original post...moon
Old 11th February 2018
Gear Maniac

The biggest fallacy is a "Lunatic Asylum" street sign that doesn't say this on both sides
Old 1st October 2018
Gear Maniac

Something that cots 10x the price of a simpler alternative often works 10x less well than it too
Old 10th January 2020
Gear Maniac

[over the loudspeaker to an enormous group of people] Don't take the brown acid
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search