The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drugs in the studio?
Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
heh

when you say 'high' you mean 'IQ' and academic achievement right?
Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear

Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear

last time i was in the studio everyone passed out off bars herb and codeine. you get more creative when you're on the floor snoring IMO.
Old 18th March 2013
Gear Head

most of the musicians i record are stoners. 95% of them refuse to smoke before recording to get the **** done right. 100% smoke up after wards.

if i cant get a mix right ill try it stoned... heck even drunk... it might help me here and there but that's its limits

im really addicted to gear tho. my girlfriend is so pissed i spent my pay on a gap-73, i tried to explain to her what it does and she said 'Really? so its just a volume knob????
Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by isawsasquatch View Post
You know, it's interesting: the "perfect" color gradients rob the work of depth, IMO. At the risk of turning this into an all-too-typical GS "analog vs digital" debate (), I think other work you posted (which is fantastically-done, by the way; very impressive) has a more 3-dimensional appearance that draws me in. The digital work seems a bit clinical by comparison.

What are the dimensions of those last two "analog" pieces you posted above? I ask because on purely aesthetic terms, the digital work becomes more enjoyable as it gets smaller (as in your avatar), while the analog works become more enjoyable as they become larger. A sort of visual arts parallel to the modern audio loudness wars perhaps?

Anyway, my hope is that they are quite physically large; it would make quite an impression seeing them in person.
I know what you mean about the digital lacking depth, and it is an interesting parallel to the audio world. There is a flatness to 'perfection' whereas the handmade is a record of the history of the time it took to create it. The largest work (Lotus) is about 2meters wide, by 1 meter high. The series as a whole ranges in size down to about 10 cm by 5cm. If I had the space I would like to make some monumental, like billboard size, but ATM it's not possible.
The digital work is a new approach, and I will be experimenting with ways to 'dirty it up' for sure, but the physical paintings will continue.
Thanks for your interest, it's very gratifying to get some responses to these as they are rarely seen publicly at this stage.
Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear

GS definitely needs more war stories about the baddest hoes users ever pulled. Really inspirational stuff... Maybe one day I can be that dude.
Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I know what you mean about the digital lacking depth, and it is an interesting parallel to the audio world. There is a flatness to 'perfection' whereas the handmade is a record of the history of the time it took to create it. The largest work (Lotus) is about 2meters wide, by 1 meter high. The series as a whole ranges in size down to about 10 cm by 5cm. If I had the space I would like to make some monumental, like billboard size, but ATM it's not possible.
The digital work is a new approach, and I will be experimenting with ways to 'dirty it up' for sure, but the physical paintings will continue.
Thanks for your interest, it's very gratifying to get some responses to these as they are rarely seen publicly at this stage.
Happy to! Thank YOU for sharing your fine work.

In a past life, I was an aspiring graphic artist myself. I was taking university classes at a highly-renowned school while still in high school, with an eye toward attending that school upon graduation, but music recording ended up winning me over. I've barely touched a pencil, pen, or (my favorite) charcoal and pastels since then, but I'm always keen to discuss and review. In fact, if you finish more work and want some feedback, please don't hesitate to PM me!
Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear

Thank you so much! I would be very grateful for any feedback.
Old 19th March 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Yates View Post
No, not at all. But who are you here to defend? I would tell you to make like an egg and beat it, but your apparent lack of imagination from your first post makes it clear that you probably wouldn't understand. So I'll just put it this way: Mind your own damn business.
Criticizing someone's lack of imagination right after saying "Make like an egg, and beat it". You didn't happen to take the IQ test that is used as an Ad on Facebook, did you?
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

thats definitely not the real DORIAN YATES

he would have said MAKE LIKE AN EGG AND DRINK IT

TEH TEH TEH
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

Mods are going to have a field day when they see the mess in this section. lol
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, quick, talk about drugs, the mods are coming!
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Mods are going to have a field day when they see the mess in this section. lol
You dont think the threads will be page 2 or 3 by tomorrow? I can't imagine this being funnny to most for more than a day.
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

Ha, you never know with this place.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search