The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone here successfully kicked a caffeine addiction?
Old 7th March 2013
Gear Addict

Anyone here successfully kicked a caffeine addiction?

I mean, a really serious caffeine addiction. I take in about 500 mg a day. I want to stop caffeine altogether. Not cold turkey, I know I have to ween off just like any other physical dependency, but wondering if anyone here can share their success story in hopes it can help me.

I'm otherwise healthy - I eat well, I exercise (although I feel a lot of the energy I have to exercise as long as I do comes from the caffeine) and I get plenty of brain exercise between my two jobs.

But, on top of having two jobs, I'm raising 2-year old twins, and it's TOUGH, and I feel like I need that caffeine to keep up. Lately I've been drinking a lot of water to try and replace the caffeinated drinks. Not as tasty and doesn't give me that jolt I need, but still I feel I'm on the right track.
Old 7th March 2013
Lives for gear

As with any addiction, I'd say cut down. Reduce it by 50 mg per week. Then in 2 1/2 months, you'll be off. You can do 100 per week if you're more brave. But you will feel it more.

Try going on a 'low-glycemic load' diet (Google it) as you do this. That will give you more energy to make up for what you'll lose in giving up caffeine, plus lots of other benefits.
Old 7th March 2013
Gear Addict

Thanks Mark
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search