The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Never drinking in the studio again.
Old 3rd March 2013
Gear Nut

Never drinking in the studio again.

Due to wife, kids, and a busy schedule I only get down in my studio about once every 2 weeks.

I made the mistake of bringing a couple beers down with me last night and got major beat block! I also started forgetting how to use my equipment. Never again! I find caffeine a much better resource when making tracks. Now I got to wait 2 weeks before I get back down there.
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

definitely caffeine over alcohol in the studio. Unless im super stressed, then NO more than 1 beer.
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

lol, the first and last time I made a beat drunk, was the equivalent to wakeing up next to to the queen of butterheads in the morning. **** was crazy. I cant even get stoned and make a beat. red bull! if it wasnt for that ****, lol, id be a broke coke head with no gear.
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

I really, really thought this thread was going some where sad! Glad it wasn't too bad. I was borderline expecting to read something like "got wasted and friend spilled beer all over my U87" or something equally depressing!

I'm all for a drink or two in the cutting room, maybe a celebratory drink in the mixing room but outside of that...
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

i like doing drugs and drinking but not while producing, the hardest **** i'll do is some jack3d and e-cigarette to wake me up.
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa ego View Post
i like doing drugs and drinking but not while producing, the hardest **** i'll do is some jack3d and e-cigarette to wake me up.
I wouldn't be able to focus on jack3d lol
Old 3rd March 2013
Coke betta
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwonderful View Post
Coke betta
Lmao

nah but i like to get lifted when making music...or get 3 or 4 beers and a shot or two in me...

When I tell myself I cant get loose...it starts to feel like work
Old 3rd March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa ego View Post
do they sell that ish legally over there? It's banned in Europe

I'm eating tribulus to make my melancholic beats sound more masculine
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

i think lots of alcohol tends to make **** sound dope at the moment, but then you listen to it the next day and wonder what the hell everyone was thinking.
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsquash View Post
do they sell that ish legally over there? It's banned in Europe
i use driven sports craze now, it's stronger. jack3d might be banned, i dunno.
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

Lmao, I was going to suggest a good pre workout like 1MR, jack3d or Craze for focus.

It's all legal these days the old active ingredient DMMA was banned so they have all been reformulated.

Craze is where its at for me.
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

If you need to work fast, a good cup of coffee will probably get you where you need to go.

Who wants to take a break every 15 minutes to do another line?

Sometimes it's fun to work a few hours, then have a toke and come back with that fresh perspective to see if it really grooves or not.
Old 3rd March 2013
Lives for gear

^ya i do that but never start off high.
Old 4th March 2013
If im messing with a beat or 2 ill kick a few brews back, but 9 times out of 10 if im in the studio im recording vocals, and me and cold beer don't work well when im tracking my vocals, for one, the cold liquid screws with my vocal tone, and two, once you get a certain amount of beer in you words and delivery start to fall off lol

Sent from my SGH-T959
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

you just got too ****ed up I believe.. a couple beers should not have you that incapable lol.. the right amount of lq will have you grooving to your music more..
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

LOL, if I'm drunk in the studio I totally look like this...

Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
i think lots of alcohol tends to make **** sound dope at the moment, but then you listen to it the next day and wonder what the hell everyone was thinking.
I agree.
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

The illest music in history was made off drugs....
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear
Sugary snacks and cola only way to go when working on some music, and an ocassional redbull to keep you going, also gotta have some starburst and twizzler on deck for sure.
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

My girl has ADHD and sometimes she'll come thru and give me an adderal while she studies and I work in the lab. CRAZY productive lol
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical Mind View Post
My girl has ADHD and sometimes she'll come thru and give me an adderal while she studies and I work in the lab. CRAZY productive lol
LOL, mine does the same! She's always trying to slip me Gamma-hydroxybutyrate. I think she just wants to f*ck.
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
LOL, mine does the same! She's always trying to slip me Gamma-hydroxybutyrate. I think she just wants to f*ck.
Lollllll
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

This is a funny thread. I rather read this than some bull**** about magic pre amps

Although as a young dude who's going to have a teen aged daughter by the time he's 30. Content like this makes me feel wild self conscious and paternal.
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

For some reason I found that kind of cute. Go ozzy.

Quote:
LOL, if I'm drunk in the studio I totally look like this...

Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
OMG Nothing slips by you. But Its also a highly efficient way to get you wasted. I sat down and did the math, and you can save the cost of a six pack or two every night when you're on GHB. 3 beers is all you need to get totally fcked up. This is how you'll pay off your Arp 2600.
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

you guys can still get GHB over there?
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
you guys can still get GHB over there?
I order mine from India. They wrap it up in brown paper and mark it as fish food to get it through customs. Trust me, this is the best way to afford an ARP 2600, I really thought it out from every angle.
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by choond View Post
I order mine from India. They wrap it up in brown paper and mark it as fish food to get it through customs. Trust me, this is the best way to afford an ARP 2600, I really thought it out from every angle.
just up your dosage, you wont need an arp.. trust me.. but.. good plan none the less
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiBlack View Post
This is a funny thread. I rather read this than some bull**** about magic pre amps
Right?!?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search