The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Hello from Los Angels,

Stumbled to LA, staying next to the magic garden. Pretty sure I drove by A & M/ Hensen over there on La Brea. Drove to the Angeles game last night, good times. Gonna take in the beach over in santa monica today.

I know there are some Cali peeps that read these boards might have an idea of something nice to do...

ez
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioez

I know there are some Cali peeps that read these boards might have an idea of something nice to do...
Trip won't be complete without lunch at the Sunset Grill. heh
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hello from Los Angels,

Stumbled to LA, staying next to the magic garden. Pretty sure I drove by A & M/ Hensen over there on La Brea. Drove to the Angeles game last night, good times. Gonna take in the beach over in santa monica today.

ez
Go to more Angels games, or a Dodgers game. Drive down to Tijuana, go to Venice beach, Medievel Times, and wander around Melrose during the day and Sunset at night.
Old 28th May 2006
Lives for gear

Don't miss Canter's on Fairfax between Beverly and Melrose. The ceiling alone is worth the trip.

If you're into cars (or even if you're not) Petersen's Auto Museum on Wilshire at Fairfax is cool, and not a tourist trap. Pay your respects to Biggie out front.

Cheetahs on Hollywood is the strip club that actually has a modicum of style.

The guitar collection at Guitar Center is worth braving the noodlers. Voltage Guitars is around the corner.

Coach and Horses on Sunset is a good bar.
Old 28th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
Don't miss Canter's on Fairfax between Beverly and Melrose. The ceiling alone is worth the trip.
That's where I had breakfast yesterday thumbsup

Thanks for the tips
Old 28th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper

Coach and Horses on Sunset is a good bar.
heh Ahh, the memories. When I lived up on Martel, I spent plenty of nights hanging out at Coach and Horses. I don't know how good I'd call it, though.
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Go catch some local bands at Spaceland.
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
heh Ahh, the memories. When I lived up on Martel, I spent plenty of nights hanging out at Coach and Horses. I don't know how good I'd call it, though.
Well, I guess I mean that I wouldn't ever want to go to a so-called 'nice' bar, and C&H definitely ain't nice.
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's where I had breakfast yesterday thumbsup

Thanks for the tips
I've been playing the open mic at Canter's on Sundays sometimes. Matador beach in Malibu is nice, and Route 23 is a beautiful drive back to the 101 from there.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search