The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Landing an internship in LA
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Maniac

Landing an internship in LA

This has proved to be a most difficult task. Does anyone know of any sites that studio owner's post on looking for interns?

It seems as though after recording school all I keep finding is closed doors. I have been in LA for almost a year now and am currently working at Location Sound in North Hollywood, but music engineering is where my heart is at and am willing to do near anything to get there. Perhaps part of my problem is that I have to hold down a day job and intern in the evenings and weekends??

It seems as though the general consensus is to email a studio first showing your interest and the follow up appropriately, is this true? (I have sent out a lot of emails and resume's with almost no response)

Just really looking for advice as I am dying to get my foot in the door and start working my butt off.

Anyone who has some input would be greatly appreciated to chime in.

Thnaks alot.

-Ron
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Call , don´t email. Ask to speak with the studio manager. Tell him how much you always wanted to work there. If he says no, ask him when he will have an oppening.. he will probably tell you to leave your phone number and never call back, so YOU call again. Be a pain in the ass. And be very nice to the girl answering the phone, she can get you that internship!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search