The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
we live maui, trade for italy, sept 2006
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

we live maui, trade for italy, sept 2006

The heading says it all, We own a nice home in Maui, Hi
(north shore) planning a trip to Italy in Sept. 2-4 weeks

Any windsurfing Gearslut Italians want to trade places, We are 6 miles from Hookipa/Paia in Haiku

Actually you don't have to be a windsurfer, looking at Rome,
Tuscany, consider other options
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Howzit Brah!

Nice time to go to Italy. Miss the August crush and the weather will cool down a bit. I highly recommend Tuscany. Florence is truly wonderful. We rented an apartment on an estate outside of Lucca one September and cruised around the countryside. My wife and oldest daughter are going to Rome and Pompei for a couple weeks in June. I'm jealous. I'd trade you a couple weeks in Minnesota for a couple weeks in Haiku, but I suspect you might not find the offer too attractive -- even in the summer. Good luck on getting an exchange!

Aloha!
Old 20th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohaku
Howzit Brah!

Nice time to go to Italy. Miss the August crush and the weather will cool down a bit. I highly recommend Tuscany.

Reminds me of a certain Seinfeld episode. heh
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

Are you gonna rent a car?

I usually stay around Montepulciano since it's close to Siena etc.

I think I heard of an agency that facilitates property exchanges for vacations. I did a quick search but I couldn't find it. Anyone heard of it?
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

hey thanks everyone,

I might forego minnesota for the moment, but I will keep the offer in mind
It looks like we're going to do the big 3 anyway Rome, Venice, Florence and maybe rent a car for awhile, so it may be hotels and leave the dogs their home.
We have family in Spain, so maybe I'll just burn money and retreat to Spain when we're broke
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

If you decide to expand your traveling to Spain, I can also highly recommend a small detour to Portugal. Spent a week there 2 years ago and I'd love to go back. A bit less pricey than other parts of Europe as well. Have a good time!! It will be a tad different than Paia and Haiku heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search