The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Thinking of moving to LA
Old 28th March 2019
Just about everyone I knew in LA back in the "record biz" days have left the city.
Old 28th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
If you are having a heart attack, and your door is locked b/c you are sprawled out on the floor...
If you're having a heart attack in LA, your door is locked. Period. And if you're in an apartment, the front gate is locked as well.
Old 29th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes View Post
I am however looking to move to the Nashville area in the not too distant future....
Same here!!

Sell house in LA, buy bigger house with more land in Nashville for half .
Retire on difference!!
Old 29th April 2019
MYN
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound View Post
Same here!!

Sell house in LA, buy bigger house with more land in Nashville for half .
Retire on difference!!
Ain't that the truth. Just for laughs, I was looking at some home prices on the gulf coast of south FL, not far from the beach and found dozens of amazing houses for about a third of what I paid for my house here in L.A.

My wife's aunt lives in a very desirable L.A. canyon neighborhood and an old neighbor of theirs retired and sold a "fixer upper" to a couple from Missouri, who then spent 8 months renovating the place themselves and flipped it for $900K in profit. When asked what they were going to do next, they said they were going to move back home, buy a nice house for a fraction of what they cashed out with and retire on the rest.
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Maniac
Been in LA for 7 years now. Housing is the killer, but if you can get a group of people, that's the best way to keep costs down.

Food out is expensive, even Subway adds up. Groceries are actually not bad, so shop and cook yourself. Car insurance is astronomical in many areas, and in general cars and car-related things are expensive. But if you are dedicated, you can make it work.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search