What about basketball

I think Miami will have their turn this year

Who are u guys rootin for
Old 20th April 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Damn I guess not many into hoops
Old 20th April 2006
Gear Addict

The Suns! Nash for MVP! Raja Bell is going to own Kobe in the 1st round.
My confrecnce predictions
West:
Suns and Spurs
East:
Miami and Detroit
(seems just like last year)

I refuse to watch another Spurs/ Pistons series so hopefully it will be the Suns and Heat. That would be fun to watch.
Old 21st April 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
I kinda gotta agree with you. I like how bell plays.

I think Miami will take it all.

Suns/Heat would be some good matchups. I'm a Dallas fan so it's hard to NOT like Nash. But he's on the other side now LOL
Old 22nd April 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
LOL Does everybody have me on their ignore list

OR you guys really dont like basketball much LOLheh
Old 22nd April 2006
Lives for gear

Not so much of a basketball fan here, otherwise I'd comment.
Old 24th April 2006
Gear Addict

Kobe who?
Old 24th April 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
RELAX that was one game.

He'll show up, I'm afraid. (I hate the Lakers)
Old 26th April 2006
Gear Head

Raja Bell isn't a bad player but notice that he never lit it up anywhere else until he got plugged into the Suns program. One of the only highlights in his career was coincidentaly with Philly when they played the Lakers in the Finals. Either way I think the Lakers are overmatched in this series. Too bad because they'd meet the Clippers in the second round if they did win.
Old 26th April 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Quote:
Originally Posted by numchukskillls
Raja Bell isn't a bad player but notice that he never lit it up anywhere else until he got plugged into the Suns program. One of the only highlights in his career was coincidentaly with Philly when they played the Lakers in the Finals. Either way I think the Lakers are overmatched in this series. Too bad because they'd meet the Clippers in the second round if they did win.

I think Bell is solid. As you said, he lit up the Lakers in the Finals (but Philly was truly outmatched)

Playing in the NBA is different from college. I think he had to mature, and HE HAS

Alot of players take a minute to mature. Look at Jermaine Oneal now vs. when he first hit the league
Old 27th April 2006
Gear Head

No doubt Bell is a nice player. He had a great year but it was really his only great year. I give him all the credit he deserves. But I thought it was pretty laughable that he would "own" Kobe. Remember when Gerald Wilkins was going to be the "Jordan Stopper" in the '93 playoffs? But I'm not against rooting for the underdogs. I am a Clipper fan after all! Nice to see some b-ball fans in here. You guys ever get out and play yourselves?
Old 27th April 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
I dont ball as much as I used to, but I still LOVE the game.

There is only 1 man that I've ever known to give Michael Hell on defense and It certainly wasnt Gerald WIlkins LOL

But then let's not forget Kobe is GOOD and will be a GReat player when his career ends. But he's NO Michael
Old 28th April 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet
I think Miami will have their turn this year

Who are u guys rootin for
I guess so.....LOL heh Dam Allstar team they hooked up.

But I'm with Dallas man..LMAO
Old 1st May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
RELAX that was one game.

He'll show up, I'm afraid. (I hate the Lakers)
Im eating my words. Actually I love the Lakers and Kobe is in my top 5 fav players, I grew up around LA. But living in AZ for the last 10 or so years Ive come to like the Suns more. I wish the Lakers (aka Kobe) played like that all season they would have done much better.

On the bright side the Spurs are losing by 20 right now, and the CLIPPERS are leading 3-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This round has been crazy so far.
Old 1st May 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
NOw come on ADMIT Nash got fouled
Old 1st May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well then why was he trying to call timeout?

Ha Ha! Smush Parker has outplayed Nash for the most part. The Suns are done!

I just hope I can get a ticket for the second round Lakers vs. Clippers series.

Kobe has shown that as the world's best basketball player, he can do more than just score. He has adapted his game to Phil's plan beautifully.

Denver's collapse has been pathetic to watch, but I like the Clippers anyway. Andre Miller and Earl Boykins are cool, but I'm not a huge Ruben Patterson or Kenyon Martin fan. Those guys are basically thugs.

I'm very disappointed in Memphis. You'd think they could win a single playoff game. It's not like Dallas plays any great defense. I thought this would be a better series.
Old 1st May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Of course he did, same as in game 2 when Kobe teabagged Nash on that monster dunk. He was set and out of the charge area. If any team can fall apart its still the Lakers, so there is a little hope.
Old 2nd May 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn
Well then why was he trying to call timeout?

Ha Ha! Smush Parker has outplayed Nash for the most part. The Suns are done!

I just hope I can get a ticket for the second round Lakers vs. Clippers series.

Kobe has shown that as the world's best basketball player, he can do more than just score. He has adapted his game to Phil's plan beautifully.

Denver's collapse has been pathetic to watch, but I like the Clippers anyway. Andre Miller and Earl Boykins are cool, but I'm not a huge Ruben Patterson or Kenyon Martin fan. Those guys are basically thugs.

I'm very disappointed in Memphis. You'd think they could win a single playoff game. It's not like Dallas plays any great defense. I thought this would be a better series.

So let me get this straight, YOu cant get fouled while trying to call a time out?
Old 2nd May 2006
Gear Addict

hopefully this works

like i said set and out of the charge area
Old 2nd May 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Cant slow it down, but that looks like an offensive foul to me
Old 2nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
So let me get this straight, YOu cant get fouled while trying to call a time out?
You have a point there. The referee, Bennett Salvator, for whatever reason didn't call a foul. Boris Diaw was behind Nash. He should have called timeout, but it's his first playoffs, so he didn't know what to do.

Some bad calls have gone both ways. Kobe only played 10 minutes in the entire first half of Game 4 becuase of some ridiculous ticky-tack fouls. The refs were obviously calling it tight early on because of the hard fouls and near fights in the two previous games.

Neither Nash not D'Antoni complained that the game was rigged in the Lakers' favor. It was a crazy finish that went the Lakers' way. I read that Nash's back was stiff after he came in off the bench late in the game.

I like Nash and the Suns. If Amare Stoudemire was healthy this would be a whole different series. But the Lakers do have a knack for being entertaining. That last game was an instant classic for sure.

Congratulations to the LA Clippers!
Old 2nd May 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Well Kobe is a Finisher.

I think Bell plays some decent D on him. (though Kobe still shot 65%) he had to pick his spots and he had like 8 turnovers.

BUT the suns have no answer for Lamar

The lack of a call decided the game, along with some spectacular play by Kobe.

That layup he shot to go to OT was a teardrop, with NO GLASS.

Hard as hell to make from the angle he was at on a break (LOL I woulda used the glass)
Old 3rd May 2006
Lives for gear

The Suns had their way tonight. I figured there was no way they'd lose 4 games in a row to the Lakers.

The next game (or two if necessary) should be pretty fun to watch.
Old 3rd May 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Bell

Hopefully Raja won't be suspended. because they NEED him
Old 3rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hopefully Raja won't be suspended. because they NEED him
Yeah, I think Kobe got under Raja's skin a bit finally. Frustration will do that, but I doubt you'd see Bruce Bowen do the same thing. There's been no announcement from the NBA yet, so I guess we won't know if Raja is suspended for game 6 until later today or tomorrow.

For those who don't know what we're talking about, Raja Bell of the Phoenix Suns put his arm around Kobe Bryant's neck last night and sort of clotheslined him to the floor. Bell was ejected from the game immediately.

What did (Lakers coach) Phil Jackson say? Something about a bull riding maneuver? Someone needs to remind Raja that it's basketball, not a rodeo.

tutt Raja Bell tutt
Old 3rd May 2006
Gear Addict

Its too bad cause the lakers are gonna be fired up on thursday. did you see phil's post game interview? he said he didnt think bell should be suspended, then paused for a couple seconds and said with a smirk, we want him out there. i forsee kobe going for 60 or so with or without bell. this is the first year im glad they have a seven game first round, its usually a boaring round full of sweeps.
Attached Thumbnails
What about basketball-rajaslamskobe.jpg  
Old 3rd May 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
I dont think he should be suspended. IT was a flagrant foul.

He should have been tossed as he was. But suspended, I dont think so.

That's why there are rules for what to do in the case of a flagrant foul.

I think Kobe has been beating him up the entire series. And its good to see the suns finally get physical.

Plus I miss the old Bill Laimbeer basketball when you had to fight for rebounds

Raja just needs to realize getting beat up in the playoffs is , well

THE PLAYOFFS.
Old 4th May 2006
Lives for gear

Dude, you've got to be suspended for doing that!

Udonis Haslem and James Posey were suspended a game in the Miami/Chicago series for a lot less.

Too bad, but the Suns didn't have much of a chance without Amare Stoudemire anyway. Hopefully he comes back healthy next year.

Kobe does tend to throw some elbows when he wants to win. I just saw a little Raja Bell interview on ESPN. Raja says that Kobe is a pomous, arrogant individual who feels like he should get away with things.

Then Kobe responded with "Does he know me? Do I know this kid? I might have said one word to him. He overreacts to stuff."

Game over. Lakers vs. Clippers in second round!
Old 4th May 2006
Lives for gear

Dee-troit Basket-ball!

To speak about any team winning a championship without talking about my Pistons...you are fooling yourself, especially if you are mentioning the sorry ass Miami Heat. Detroit WILL smash them in 6 and beat whoever for the title.

And your really wasting your time with teams like the Lakers and the Suns...they'll be done by the 2nd Round.

Nuff said.
Old 4th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 3rd
Dee-troit Basket-ball!

To speak about any team winning a championship without talking about my Pistons...you are fooling yourself, especially if you are mentioning the sorry ass Miami Heat. Detroit WILL smash them in 6 and beat whoever for the title.

And your really wasting your time with teams like the Lakers and the Suns...they'll be done by the 2nd Round.

Nuff said.
Yes, but if you happen to live in Phoenix or Los Angeles, it's unlikely you'll be excited about the Detroit Pistons. Would you like a world where everyone was a Pistons fan? I didn't think so. Then you'd have no other fans (or players) to beat up on.

Of course Detroit has been impressive, but that's not really a surprise. I knew Milwaukee wouldn't win another game after Michael Redd went for 40 and the Bucks won game 4.

I think Detroit will be facing New Jersey in the Eastern Conference Finals. Sometimes Jersey has those clinker games where they go for 25 points in a half though. Miami is beat up (Wade and Zo both w/ injuries now), so they won't make it that far I predict.

In the West, it will likely be Dallas and San Antonio. That doesn't mean I won't be greatly entertained by the Lakers vs. Clippers.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear